View Profile
Santa
Posted : 3 Mar, 2012 07:22 AM

Wait! What? There is no Santa? Say it ain't so! :winksmile:

NRSV1953

View Profile
"Favorites"
Posted : 2 Mar, 2012 01:15 PM

Thank you both so much. The info certainly helps. I was wondering if it's just another way to ascertain who's popular and who isn't! :ROFL:

NRSV1953

View Profile
"Favorites"
Posted : 2 Mar, 2012 06:48 AM

Can anyone help me to understand this feature on CDFF? Thanks for any and all input!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Hello
Posted : 1 Mar, 2012 01:07 PM

Hey Lidia!

Welcome to CDFF! I get the most beautiful, unsolicited messages from scammers, so be very careful!

The Forums are a good place to start for fellowship. Blessings on your search!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Dating When We Are Over 50
Posted : 28 Feb, 2012 08:08 AM

Java,

It doesn't sound like that other website is Christian specific. Is it? In my limited experience here on CDFF, the emails I get are mostly from scammers and much younger guys in Nigeria.

It's getting pretty easy to figure out which ones are scammers and, so far, the young men from Nigeria have been very polite when I explain that we can be Prayer Partners or Email Buddies but that's all.

There are some very nice, considerate men on here but in my experience, the ones in my age group that contact me, are few and far between. But, if there's even one, somebody may get blessed!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Scamming "women"
Posted : 26 Feb, 2012 11:17 AM

Yes, Skidoo, I've experienced the same thing with scammer men. It is a shame that we get contacted by more scammers than Christians! But, there are still a number of real Christians on this site and some good fellowship here in the Forums.

I've sort of made it my "mission" to weed out the scammers and get them taken off the site. The Administration is very good about listened to our concerns and deleting scammer accounts. Of course, that doesn't leave very many real men in my age group (over 50)!

Perhaps we can use these unfortunate experiences to hone our discernment practices cuz we sure get a lot of practice here!

Best of luck in your search and walk cautiously through this "mine field." Real, honest, loving Christian women ARE here! Look for us on the Forums!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Why get married?
Posted : 26 Feb, 2012 09:57 AM

Cobbler seems to come and go rather frequently. Continued prayer for him and his situation is still needed.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Where do you go to meet people?
Posted : 26 Feb, 2012 08:34 AM

As you can tell from the overabundant responses to your question, we have no idea where to go to meet Christian Singles! That's probably why a lot of us are trying this.

When I was first divorced, my Daddy helped me start a singles group at our church. It functioned rather well and was quite popular as we also invited other churches in our area to participate.

My suggestion is that if you don't have a group, start one! I bet some deacons at church would assistant.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Goodbye
Posted : 26 Feb, 2012 08:12 AM

I'm so sorry to see you go! I will miss you! Like you, I left this site for about a year but recently returned. Perhaps you will too?

May you find the desire of your heart!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Mystery Shows anyone??
Posted : 25 Feb, 2012 12:44 PM

I'm a fan of The Mentalist and Castle. Criminal Minds has gotten too violent for me. :-(

Page : 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42