Author Thread
NRSV1953

View Profile
Water Baptism of Jesus' disciples
Posted : 22 Nov, 2015 09:18 PM

I'm trying to find out if the disciples were ever baptized with water. Finding a reference to it is proving difficult.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 19 Nov, 2015 03:33 PM

Perhaps someone can help me with John 4: 1-3?

NRSV1953

View Profile
WILL YOU STAY OR WILL YOU GO?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2015 02:42 PM

This website is really acting up these days. . . * sigh *

NRSV1953

View Profile
Are there women who assume there is never a good reason to withhold
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 06:50 PM

BTW, this goes for both women AND men who post profiles on here.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 06:07 PM

For my answer, I refer you back to my previous answer to your #1 above . . ;-)

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 05:53 PM

1. Are there women who assume there is never a good reason for a man to withhold a picture or personal information on a site such as this?

Speaking for just this woman, as most of us actually don't think alike :), we'd better be withholding some info on here lest we be scammed to death!

2. Are there women who think that if a man (his profile) doesn't match/fulfill their exact list of wants (as described in the woman's profile, i.e. the gift box they have given to God to fill), that a man is unable to minister any love, grace, or truth to them?

Again, speaking just for this woman, I think HisJoy makes a good point about HOW the love, grace, or truth is "administered." Also, I cannot speak to the "gift box" idea as I have hopefully left plenty of room for the Spirit to "do It's thing."

(If someone is coming here looking for a marriage, I think it is fair to assume the individual is not looking for a marriage without love. And so, yes, in that sense, everyone on such a site is asking for love; and I think also grace, and honesty.)

From my own personal experience here on CDFF, we don't always actually get love, grace or honesty, so perhaps some of us are a bit wary. . . sad, but true.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 05:34 PM

HisJoy, Perzactly Sister! :)

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 04:55 PM

Did this woman ask for love, grace or truth from you? Often we can get defensive if people, who don't know us, presume to "speak truth to us." . . . But perhaps this is not what you are referring to?

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 14 Nov, 2015 07:07 AM

Were Jesus' disciples baptized with water? If so, by whom?

NRSV1953

View Profile
Veterans Day 2015
Posted : 11 Nov, 2015 09:21 AM

To all who served, thank you for your service and your sacrifice. God Bless You!

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11