Author Thread
NRSV1953

View Profile
Die on my feet, not on my knees.
Posted : 29 Jul, 2016 08:43 AM

OP wrote, " And we all know that people killed in the name of Jesus Christ will go directly to heaven."

We do? Where does it say that in The Bible? Please enlighten me.

NRSV1953

View Profile
my son
Posted : 25 Jul, 2016 05:15 AM

Twelve Step programs, like Alanon, can provide education and support for the family of alcoholics, addicts, etc. If you aren't already involved in one of these groups, I strongly urge you to look into it. God Bless!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Agreement
Posted : 19 Jun, 2016 10:18 AM

Ah, OK, thanks for explaining. I went through similar "trials" (literally) as I divorced a lawyer who used the legal system to further abuse me and our children. I guess, in my naivete, I didn't realize that non-lawyer spouses could manipulate the court system in the same way. It's a sick, sick game in which the innocent spouse and the children are further damaged. Shame on the husband or wife who stoop to such denigrating tactics. Some of us can look ourselves in the mirror, knowing that we conducted ourselves with integrity, even though we are now dirt poor! . .

NRSV1953

View Profile
Agreement
Posted : 16 Jun, 2016 07:50 PM

Both parties, not to mention any children involved, get financially and emotionally scarred from divorce. Two separate households cost more to maintain than the original one. . . How is it that a woman can punish a man in court? Would you please explain as I'm not familiar with how this would be done.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Ironic
Posted : 13 Jun, 2016 08:29 AM

I don't think it's the job of mainstream media to report on souls saved for Christ; the Christian media did report it however.

As Christians, we know what the "good news" really is but, as this is a forum for current events type news, I'll stay on topic. . . : . . . Good news, colloquially, might be along the lines of "Cancer Cured" or "Poverty Eradicated" or "Peace Achieved." Hey, we can dream, right? . .

NRSV1953

View Profile
Ironic
Posted : 12 Jun, 2016 08:27 PM

I read the article you posted, and several others, about this situation in Norway and I find it very, very disturbing. While it is great news that the children will be returned to their parents, the emotional damage done to those children will be considerable.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Ironic
Posted : 12 Jun, 2016 02:35 PM

It would seem that there is no news worth talking about. . . . . . Perhaps you could find us some 'good news' that would be worth discussing?

NRSV1953

View Profile
Lacrosse
Posted : 27 May, 2016 08:37 AM

It's a big weekend for lacrosse fans, especially if you're from Maryland! . . . . Does anyone here follow the sport?

NRSV1953

View Profile
Are you part of Patriots Nation? Are you a Patriots fan?
Posted : 4 May, 2016 08:03 AM

To those who wrote to me privately, with words of support and comfort, thank you! . .

NRSV1953

View Profile
Are you part of Patriots Nation? Are you a Patriots fan?
Posted : 4 May, 2016 08:01 AM

To

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10