Author Thread
HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Where Have Your Tongues Been?
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 07:45 AM

ND, that was awesome. I agree with everything you said.

I'm supposed to be in the music ministry, as well. Like you said, I don't know how and to what compacity, but hey, I'm excited. And I'm very excited for you!

I agree with you when you said....

"So, I think it is extremely important to pray often in the spirit and in understanding. You never know who you may be praying for or who God will want you to pray for at times."

I don't usually play Worship music in the house. I tend to play it in the car. What I do like to do is praise and worship Him myself, and boy oh boy, His presence is so strong when I do. If I'm not careful, it could become an addiction. I have to remember to keep reading the Bible, and studying, and praying, and fasting, etc.

ND, thanks forthat warm response!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
FAKIN IT?....HMMMM
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 07:27 AM

Tulip89, thanks. I haven't actually experienced it either, but I know some people who have. I've gotten different answers from different people about what the experience entailed.

Once again, thanks for your response!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Where Have Your Tongues Been?
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 11:20 PM

I think it's sad that some churches don't believe in, and/or don't teach the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I went around for awhile, knowing nothing about it. I'm so happy that I am filled with the Spirit now. Thank you Lord!

So anyway, do you speak in tongues? If you do, what has been the greatest benefit of this gift in your life?

If you don't, would you like to, or no?

(Being just a little nosey tonight :laugh:)

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
FAKIN IT?....HMMMM
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 11:13 PM

Have you ever been "slain in the spirit," fainted when the Pastor lays hands on you in a prayer line (usually)?

I know for a fact some ppl fake it, because they admit it. They say they felt like they "had to pass out" because all the other ppl around them did.

Of course, I believe others have experienced this for real.

So, my question to everyone who has been slain in the spirit, how was it? Explain your experiences please. This topic always intrigues me.

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful responses!:glow:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
IT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE!
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 11:01 PM

LOL....I know ET. I get it. But like my Pastor said, when he was younger he wanted to fornicate with his g/f (she's now his wife:glow:), but anyway....

He said he used to search the bible all over trying to find something that would give him the "ok" to do it...lol...That's funny to me because I think we have all done something similiar at some point in time before we were walking this walk. Or maybe I'm the only one. That's cool, I'll take that.

I guess when I say specific, I mean something that says DO NOT SHACK UP! It's so many ppl who need it cut and dry. But yes, I agree with all of the responses and for the record, again....SHACKING UP IS NOT RIGHT! DON'T DO IT!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
So, You Can Dish It Out, But Can You Also Take It In?...
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 10:51 PM

ET, you know I'm lovin this post.

"I think we are going to respect the �truth tellers� more at the end of our lives. They had the courage to say what we didn�t want to hear. They helped us to get past the blind spots in our lives. "

AMEN!

" What do you believe and what do you ignore? Erwin McManus said, �If the error of criticism does not pass through the filter of scripture, don�t let it pierce your heart. If it passes through the filter, then you can hear it and repent.�

AMEN!

"Pray for someone before you rebuke him or her. If you�re not praying for them, your heart is not right. Rebuke without prayer is spiritual laziness. Prayer sets the context for you to speak into their lives."

AMEN!

" I was furious! Every time I got mad, I prayed for them."

AMEN!

"Don�t talk about them, talk to them. Gossip is spiritual laziness. It�s a cop-out. Talking behind someone�s back instead of talking to someone�s face is wrong..... Gossip never gets to the source of the problem for a solution. God has called us to a higher level of integrity than that. I don�t know whom you might need to rebuke, but here�s a clue. Before you confront them, you might confess your gossip to them."

DOUBLE AMEN!

"Tell them what they are doing right before you tell them what they are doing wrong. If you aren�t offering them encouragement, you are missing the boat."

TRIPLE AMEN!

"Share your own faults before pointing out theirs. If you want a transparent relationship with people, then you put �your stuff� on the table. If you aren�t transparent, don�t expect others to be."

WOW! AMEN! AMEN!

"I pray that we�d be Christians who have the courage to confess. Don�t let the Enemy win a victory over you because you are dying in that secret place. I pray we�d have the courage to confront."

AMEN!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
IT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE!
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 10:37 PM

"I always find it interesting when non Christians tell me "That isn't the Christian thing to do." As if they know anything about it. Then I ask them what the Christian thiong to do is and they start misquoting scripture or sayin the Bible says something that isn't really there."

ThunderofGod, that's true (and hilarious). The crazy part is, I encounter some "super christians" who try to do the same thing...:glow:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Men, How Are We Viewing Women? How Are We Viewing One Another?
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 10:28 PM

IaoKim, you're right. Sometimes it is how it's said, instead of who said it. And sometimes, it's who said it. It's sad, it's wrong and it's unfortunate, but it's like that sometimes. I'll leave it at that.

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 10:25 PM

Twosparrows, having an audience is perfectly fine! You're right, it is great training ground for me. Like I told MsMarvel, I just got a freelance job, so well, I better be good at what I do....lol...Too late now, the Lord has already opened the door for me, and I'm going in, regardless of what anyone says.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 10:22 PM

Mydreamtime33, you're welcome and thanks.

I appreciate your un-biased view of me.

I agree with you when you said....

"Thank you very much for your comments HGG. Not only have I enjoyed reading your posts, but I've especially enjoyed reading the responses you've prompted from others. It has made for some interesting reading!"

lol....Never thought I'd get that kind of response either. It's cool with me though.

MsMarvel, believe it or not, I don't hate you. I actually have been praying for you, and everyone else here.

It's all good sweetie.

And thanks for the writing compliment. I just got a nice little freelance gig. Very excited about it. Praise God. Blessings to you!

Page : 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18