Author Thread
HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Y'all are so funny to me
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 07:53 AM

...so make me laugh...pretty please.

This is just for fun. I've been posting silly little questions on the board today about Adam and Eve, just because.

Like I said before, even God has a sense of humor.

So anyway,

After God confronted Adam and Eve for eating the fruit and told them what their consequences were, what do you think

the "car ride"/walk home was like for them that day? What was the conversation/dialogue?

I look forward to your witty answers!

Adam and Eve didn't have to deal with in-laws...lol..sorry, I don't know where that came from.

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
It's OK to cut up
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 07:42 AM

Oops. Didn't mean to post twice!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
It's OK to cut up
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 07:41 AM

It's okay to cut up and act silly sometimes, right?

For goodness sake, even God has a sense of humor.

Anyway, just for fun ladies...and/or gentlemen....

When Adam saw Eve he said,

"This is now bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

she shall be called �woman,�

for she was taken out of man.�

What do you think Eve thought about Him? What was she saying in her head about Adam?:winksmile:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
It's OK to cut up
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 07:41 AM

It's okay to cut up and act silly sometimes, right?

For goodness sake, even God has a sense of humor.

Anyway, just for fun ladies...and/or gentlemen....

When Adam saw Eve he said,

"This is now bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

she shall be called �woman,�

for she was taken out of man.�

What do you think Eve thought about Him? What was she saying in her head about Adam?:winksmile:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Can We Please Lighten Up?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 07:34 AM

Oops, I forgot to add my response...lol

Um...

Eve died by choking on a pomegranate.

I know y'all will have better answers, I just wanted to start this thing off!:winksmile:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Can We Please Lighten Up?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 07:32 AM

Alright ppl....

Don't bite my head off. Just havin fun.

I want to lighten things up a tad with a question.

How did Eve die?

I know the Bible doesn't say, but just for fun...what do you think happened to the ol' gal?:glow:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Are You Allowed to Interpret the Bible for Yourself?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 07:23 AM

"Are you allowed to interpret the Bible for yourself with the Holy Spirit guiding you into all truth?"

Yes.

The Holy Spirit can't lead you astray. He can break things down differently and specifically to each person, but it still lines up at the end of the day. He will never go against the Word of God.

I do feel like people's worldly education and knowledge can get in the way, creating a lot of misinterpretation. Some people are "too smart for their own good." They try to intellectually make sense of the Word in its entirety. That's wrong. "Knowledge puffeth up, but love edifieth." That's why the Bible says in 1 Corin 1:27....

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."

At the end of the day, I really do think the disconnect comes when everybody starts to say what they think, believing they have the answer for everything, which is a pride issue (SEE: PHARISEES). When really, if you yield yourself to the Holy Spirit, He will always lead you into truth. But you have to yield!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
How Do You Like Your Women? UMBILICAL CORD OR NO UMBILICAL CORD?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 06:54 AM

MrWiseGuy, whoa! That was considerate and rather wise of you...haha...

I like when you said....

"Also,if she's sacrificed her job for her dreams & the only way she can survive is by getting all her needs & support from her parents for doing so,then that's understandable."

Very thoughtful responses from everyone. I'm pleased!:glow:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
FAKIN IT?....HMMMM
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 06:50 AM

bcpianogal, maybe you could tell her to ask for tongues in her prayer closet, the privacy of her own home. (Only if she WANTS to speak in tongues though).

I had people pray over me like twice and try to "make" me speak in tongues, and of course, it didn't work because people can't "make" me do anything. It's a gift from God, not people. I felt forced.

However, when I got alone with the Lord, relaxed my mind, and accepted the gift verbally, the Holy Spirit moved on me in a way that He never had before. I spoke, laughed and sung in tongues for 2 hours! Couldn't believe it!

I think it's a matter of asking for it when you're ready, and when it's time it'll happen. Forcing it doesn't feel good at all. :prayingf:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
FAKIN IT?....HMMMM
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 06:40 AM

"...It seems to be quite common amongst pentecostal churches and Christians in my experience. I was even told that if I can't speak in tongues (I have only once) then I couldn't have the Spirit in me - and the implication may even have been that I wasn't really saved."

dkj255, I know you directed this @bcpianogal, but I just wanted to say....

That's sad that ppl try to make others question their salvation just because they don't speak in tongues.

I was saved for the longest and didn't even know the deal with tongues, etc. The Spirit resided in me and the ability to speak in tongues, as well.

But I needed to be baptized in the Holy Spirit first, which is different from just having the Holy Spirit come to live on the inside of you, which of course happens at the moment we accept salvation.

And then, MY personal experience was, when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, I still had to accept/confess with my mouth that I wanted to speak in tongues. Only then was I able to speak fluently.

Plus, if you spoke in tongues once, you already can speak in tongues, so their assumptions seem to be just plain twisted!

Anyway, thanks for your response.

Page : 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16