Author Thread
HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
FAKIN IT?....HMMMM
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 06:29 AM

"I remember when they came up to me, they said a few lines and tried pushing me backwards. I didn't go. They tried again and again to push me back but everything in my spirit was telling me this was wrong and I refused to fall back. They gave up and moved on to the next person...I believe that if God wanted me over, He'd have done it without needing people pushing me."

lol...yeah, I hate it when that happens! Hilarious.

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Where Have Your Tongues Been?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 06:23 AM

KatieKatie21, I respect your decision. My mother chooses to decline tongues, as well....for now:winksmile:

It is my belief that every believer can speak in tongues if they are baptized in the Holy Spirit, and choose to accept it. It's a special present from the Lord, and it's free, like salvation!

All I can say is ...

there are many benefits to speaking in tongues, and I would urge every Christian to do so. I used to be reluctant and rather "scared" to speak in tongues. I mean, it was an unknown language afterall. But I've later found out that it's a powerful privilege.

With that said, I still respect your decision!

PS--I like your screen name. It's sounds so ...so...friendly...lol...Hope you have a great day!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Where Have Your Tongues Been?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 06:11 AM

dkj, that sounds like a beautiful experience. Wow!

I believe there are tongues, which any believer can have, as long as they're baptized in the Holy Spirit. That's your secret prayer language to God. That's the one that may actually sound more like "gibberish" than an actual language. But oh boy, is it powerful. It's often referred to as a "heavenly language" because only the Lord understands what you're saying, not others.) In other words, it's not for another human being to interpret.

The Gift of Tongues is a separate thing. Those are actual languages that people speak supernaturally. Every believer does NOT have this gift. For example, I never studied Chinese, but as the Holy Spirit works through me, I'm able to speak it fluently. Someone with the Gift of Interpretation, which could also be the person who has the Gift of Tongues, would be able to interpret/translate what I just said because it's an actual language.

tongues= "heavenly langauge" "gibberish-sounding" Any believer can have it

Gift of tongues= actual language (Aramaic, Hebrew, Swahili,etc.) Not every believer has it

You may already know all of this, but I just figured I'd share. Hope I explained it well enough.:glow:

Have a nice day!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
MINI SKIRT OR MAXI DRESS?
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 08:53 AM

MrWiseGuy, not too short, not too long, huh?

You got the measuring tape?...lol...How long is too long?:glow:

Oh, you know I love you boy...:winksmile:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
IT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE!
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 08:49 AM

Twosparrows and ET, I'm sorry.....let me say this again...maybe I'm not saying it the right way....

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SHACKING UP!

I know what the word of God says, I'm just saying it's not specifically listed. That's all. I see what you mean by the scriptures you pointed out covering the issue. I get that. I read that, and I thank you very much.

DO NOT SHACK!!!!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
FAKIN IT?....HMMMM
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 08:33 AM

IOnlyDateCheerleaders, hahahahahaha! That was too funny to me!

"'m pretty sure I was out for only a couple of seconds, and then I just got up like "huh.." and walked on."

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
FAKIN IT?....HMMMM
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 08:31 AM

"I don't think they are all lying or faking it, but I also know how hard some of them have to work to get all hyped-up and emotional so that they can speak in tongues, "fall out", faint, etc. When they can't achieve that for some reason, they start to doubt their salvation, or fear that God is upset with them, or worry that other people will think they aren't spiritual enough...so yes, some of them admit to faking it."

bcpianogal, that was very well said! I guess the latter of what you said it what I'm worried about. I don't want ppl to question their salvation or relationship with the Lord if they don't faint. It made me question a lot, too, at one point.

Thanks for your response!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
FAKIN IT?....HMMMM
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 08:27 AM

1babygirl, I couldn't agree with you more.

I do believe it is a real thing, but I know there are ppl who fake it, too. I'm just so interested in it. Can't even tell you why. Maybe because I haven't experienced it.

Now yeah, I've had the Spirit on me so strong I've cried uncontrollably, spoke in tongues for hours and felt Him move through me, etc., but I've never been slain before.

"I think it happens a lot in black churches because we are highly emotional and its acceptable and even encouraged to express what you're feeling in a very physical way.

In my mind, I've questioned the "fallin out" ppl do like on Benny Hinn and such, but because I don't know for sure, I leave it alone."

What you said was so funny and true!

Thanks for your response!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
BIG GIRLS REPENT!
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 08:22 AM

God is so good! He chastises those He loves, and He did so with me a little while ago. Normally I'd keep it private, but this may help others (on the job, personal life, etc.), so I want to share it.

Okay....

He led me to listen to Joel Osteen this morning, and Joel was talking about something very relevant in my life, as of late.

The title was something to the effect of....

BE A PROFESSIONAL "IGNORER" :glow:

Joel said the following, and I know the Lord was speaking to me through Him, and I hope you'll hear the Lord, as well.

He said....

"If you're going to do anything great in life, their will be ppl who are jealous, critical, and negative towards you.

If you get kicked in the rear, that means you're in the forefront. So keep making a difference. Pursue your God-given goals.

The higher you go, the more haters will come out. When you start doing what God called you to do, the negative ppl will come out and battle with you to DISTRACT and discourage you from your course.

Don't get involved in a conflict unless you know it stands between you and your God-given destiny. Ignore it!

If they don't celebrate you, God will bring some who do. Don't try to win over your critics, love everyone and do your best.

Be YOURSELF and walk in your anointing. You do NOT need other people's approval. If God approves of you, that's all that matters.

Don't dwell on the negative things that the devil is using to distract you, keep pressing towards the goal.

Don't get on the internet and read something about you that's critical and then you get all offended and feel like you have to defend yourself, and get caught up in a battle. The devil is just trying to DISTRACT you!

When people come against you and they're jealous, do like Jesus did, stay focused and run your race. Ignore them or speak to them with just a word or two.

The more they talk, the more God will promote you!!!!!:applause::party:

The mark of a true champion is knowing WHAT battles to fight.

Sometimes if they talk about you or lie on you, ignore it! You don't ALWAYS have to defend yourself. Give it to God and keep walking in your calling. He'll take care of the rest."

That was such a timely message for me, and I'm sure for others. I needed to hear that, and now I feel like the weight of the world is lifted off of me. I've been convicted and I have repented for trying to defend myself over and over again. Hope this encourages someone else. I will post it in the women and men's section. Everybody needs these encouraging words so as to not get distracted from what God has put you here to do!!

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!:prayingf:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
I'VE BEEN CONVICTED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT!--I'm sorry
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 08:19 AM

God is so good! He chastises those He loves, and He did so with me a little while ago. Normally I'd keep it private, but this may help others (on the job, personal life, etc.), so I want to share it.

Okay....

He led me to listen to Joel Osteen this morning, and Joel was talking about something very relevant in my life, as of late.

The title was something to the effect of....

BE A PROFESSIONAL "IGNORER" :glow:

Joel said the following, and I know the Lord was speaking to me through Him, and I hope you'll hear the Lord, as well.

He said....

"If you're going to do anything great in life, their will be ppl who are jealous, critical, and negative towards you.

If you get kicked in the rear, that means you're in the forefront. So keep making a difference. Pursue your God-given goals.

The higher you go, the more haters will come out. When you start doing what God called you to do, the negative ppl will come out and battle with you to DISTRACT and discourage you from your course.

Don't get involved in a conflict unless you know it stands between you and your God-given destiny. Ignore it!

If they don't celebrate you, God will bring some who do. Don't try to win over your critics, love everyone and do your best.

Be YOURSELF and walk in your anointing. You do NOT need other people's approval. If God approves of you, that's all that matters.

Don't dwell on the negative things that the devil is using to distract you, keep pressing towards the goal.

Don't get on the internet and read something about you that's critical and then you get all offended and feel like you have to defend yourself, and get caught up in a battle. The devil is just trying to DISTRACT you!

When people come against you and they're jealous, do like Jesus did, stay focused and run your race. Ignore them or speak to them with just a word or two.

The more they talk, the more God will promote you!!!!!:applause::party:

The mark of a true champion is knowing WHAT battles to fight.

Sometimes if they talk about you or lie on you, ignore it! You don't ALWAYS have to defend yourself. Give it to God and keep walking in your calling. He'll take care of the rest."

That was such a timely message for me, and I'm sure for others. I needed to hear that, and now I feel like the weight of the world is lifted off of me. I've been convicted and I have repented for trying to defend myself over and over again. Hope this encourages someone else. I will post it in the women and men's section. Everybody needs these encouraging words so as to not get distracted from what God has put you here to do!!

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!:prayingf:

Page : 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17