Author Thread
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Looking at the idea of a 'concept' as: 1) 'individual understandings', (which most often is based on preconceived ideas and assumptions), versus 2) God's hopes and expectations towards us in seeking knowledge of Him, and His (actual) Truth, in light of His Concepts, put forth in the bible, as He defines them.
Posted : 4 Apr, 2022 11:37 AM

True James, l want to address what might seem to be an issue with me... l do not mean to sound harsh, though l probably do, at times. So if l ever come across as that, l apologize to you, and to all who might read these comments...

Yes, people could do so much to fortify the strength that God longs to see within those who believe by simply endeavoring to read the bible... bit by bit... hear a little and there a little... God will faithfully build on even the smallest foundation, for all great things begin in the smallest efforts. And from such willing investments of time, and effort, mighty things can come...

As to pastors... l find most only seem to know what has been fed them in seminary training relative to their particular denomination. Many times over the years, pastors from different churches... with a second person in tow, visited my home to do bible studies...

I remember one time in particular, we were discussing the bible, and l asked the pastor's view on a subject - which was a pretty common, non-contentious topic... I was honestly just expecting him to share HIS PERSONAL THOUGHTS on the subject... (according to what he found in the bible).

His response was so odd... he looked like he was suddenly lost in how he should reply... like someone who stumbles backwards because they've lost their balance. He looked at me... then he turned and looked at his companion as though he might have the answer... and his companion looked at him sort of 'befuddled'... and they both looked back at me. Then the pastor looked one more time at his friend, who looked lost as to what was going on. Then the pastor began stammering just a little bit as he began trying to answer the question. He looked like a student who got called on in class, but didn't study. His answer was: "Uhhh... ummm... ahh... well... we never studied that in seminary." My first thought, (though unspoken) was: "l was just looking for 'your thoughts on a simple subject', yet it seems you are saying that if you 'didn't learn what was to be 'opinion' in seminary - then you have no opinion at all... lt seemed apparent that he did not rely on The Word found in personal study - but rather counted on 'rote memorization' from some denominationally- determinant organization situated in buildings which are thereby equivalent to 'White-washed sepulchres (tombs), which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.' (Matt 23:27) '...(for) in vain they do worship me, Teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.' (Matt 15:9)

I actually felt sorry for them...

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
'WHAT IS 'THE BLESSED HOPE' - According to Scripture?'
Posted : 2 Apr, 2022 06:24 PM

Hello again... lt is my hope to stimulate some thought-provoking conversations... and maybe we all might find we've learned something along the way.... Soooo, having said that...

Does anyone have a SCRIPTURE-BASED point-counterpoint to the following topic of: 'WHAT IS 'THE BLESSED HOPE' - According to Scripture?'

So here's the back story:

Well... 🙄 l had no replies to my rapture-timing questions, so l went in search of some sources online, so that l might better understand differing views regarding the timing of the rapture.

l have found a website where the 5 rapture theories,(l learned something 😀 - l thought there were 4), are reviewed. And since l am in search of understanding the different viewpoints regarding 'The Rapture', l began at the beginning. 

In the Prelude, he begins by calling The Rapture, 'The Blessed Hope' - l believe the following scriptural evidence, proves this idea wrong. I believe 'The Blessed Hope' refers to 'The Fulfillment of The Promise of Eternal Life'.

And so it begins...

'The rapture of the church is not an incidental but a fundamental doctrine of the New Testament. It is the greatest hope that Christ gave to the church. [l must ask "was it?" or was the greatest hope, ultimately, 'Eternal Life'?] The biblical writers speak of it as a blessed hope (Titus 2:13), a purifying hope (1 Thes 4:18), a comforting hope (1 Thess 4:18) and a sure hope (2 Pet. 1:19)'

[no copyright infringement intended - educational use only]

Following are the Points of debate regarding the above statement:

Point 1: 'The blessed hope' of Titus 2:13 is in reference to 'the hope of eternal life' promised to us by God, (see Titus 1:2); and through justification by grace we might be made heirs to eternal life, (see Titus 3:7).

It has NOTHING to do with the rapture except that it is in the same verse of Titus 2:13 - which does speak of Christ's return.

(Notice that eventhough the teo thoughts appear in the same verse, they are delineated as being separate, as two different things, not only with a comma but also with the word 'and' - denoting these two as being two different concepts.)

At the point of Christ's return and his calling us up to him (which is the actual rapture, which also is the exact timing of the two witnesses being called up as well), yes, that locks us into the place where our salvation is assured... but THAT EVENT of our being called up is not what The Blessed Hope 'is'...

Point 2 and 3: 1 Thes 4:18 is not saying the comfort is in the hope of being raptured, but rather the verse that mention the word 'hope', 4:13, is in reference to Eph 2:12 wherein the ones without hope are defined as those who are 'strangers from the covenants' (of salvation/eternal life, thereby) having 'no hope', of (the) promise, (see Titus 1:2) and (even) without God in the world.'

Point 4: 2 Peter 1:19 which points to Rev 22:16 which then refers to Matt 24:27 which plainly shows that it is after the tribulation, but does not lend itself to being defined and tied to the idea of THIS EVENT, ITSELF... being 'The Blessed Hope' (and the word 'hope', itself, is not in the verses pertaining to 2 Peter onward through these correlating verses. The other evidence in Titus (specifically the verses in 1:2 and 3:7, wherein the word 'hope' is found pertaining explicitly to the term 'of ETERNAL LIFE'), explains more precisely the use of the term 'blessed hope' found between those two uses,(in the chapters immediately before and after the chapter where 'blessed hope' is found) and obviously points to 'the blessed hope' being the time of the fullness of our salvation, realized. It is the time when eternal life is an actuality, and assuredly ours... 'The Blessed Hope' is NOT the event of 'the rapture'... no matter when the rapture occurs.

Please do not rely on 'commentaries of men', but rather, present Scripture-based evidence with your thoughts - as long as it is within the context of the concept being presented within the particular chapter it is being drawn from... 'cherry picking verses'... and 'gleaning the grapevines'... do not produce the same results, nor the same harvest.

Well there you have my thoughts on the subject - would you care to share yours? 🌾

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 2 Apr, 2022 06:20 PM

Hello again... lt is my hope to stimulate some thought-provoking conversations... and maybe we all might find we've learned something along the way.... Soooo, having said that...

Does anyone have a SCRIPTURE-BASED point-counterpoint to the following topic of: 'WHAT IS 'THE BLESSED HOPE' - According to Scripture?'

Well... 🙄 l had no replies to my rapture-timing questions, so l went in search of some sources online, so that l might better understand differing views regarding the timing of the rapture.

l have found a website where the 5 rapture theories,(l learned something 😀 - l thought there were 4), are reviewed. And since l am in search of understanding the different viewpoints regarding 'The Rapture', l began at the beginning. 

In the Prelude, he begins by calling The Rapture, 'The Blessed Hope' - l believe the following scriptural evidence, proves this idea wrong. I believe 'The Blessed Hope' refers to 'The Fulfillment of The Promise of Eternal Life'.

And so it begins...

'The rapture of the church is not an incidental but a fundamental doctrine of the New Testament. It is the greatest hope that Christ gave to the church. [l must ask "was it?" or was the greatest hope, ultimately, 'Eternal Life'?] The biblical writers speak of it as a blessed hope (Titus 2:13), a purifying hope (1 Thes 4:18), a comforting hope (1 Thess 4:18) and a sure hope (2 Pet. 1:19)'

Point 1: 'The blessed hope' of Titus 2:13 is in reference to 'the hope of eternal life' promised to us by God, (see Titus 1:2); and through justification by grace we might be made heirs to eternal life, (see Titus 3:7).

It has NOTHING to do with the rapture except that it is in the same verse of Titus 2:13 - which does speak of Christ's return.

(Notice that eventhough the two thoughts appear in the same verse, they are delineated as being separate, as two different things, not only with a comma but also with the word 'and' - denoting these two as being two different concepts.)

At the point of Christ's return and his calling us up to him (which is the actual rapture, which also is the exact timing of the two witnesses being called up as well), yes, that locks us into the place where our salvation is assured... but THAT EVENT of our being called up is not what The Blessed Hope 'is'...

Point 2 and 3: 1 Thes 4:18 is not saying the comfort is in the hope of being raptured, but rather the verse that mention the word 'hope', 4:13, is in reference to Eph 2:12 wherein the ones without hope are defined as those who are 'strangers from the covenants' (of salvation/eternal life, thereby) having 'no hope', of (the) promise, (see Titus 1:2) and (even) without God in the world.'

Point 4: 2 Peter 1:19 which points to Rev 22:16 which then refers to Matt 24:27 which plainly shows that it is after the tribulation, but does not lend itself to being defined and tied to the idea of THIS EVENT, ITSELF... being 'The Blessed Hope' (and the word 'hope', itself, is not in the verses pertaining to 2 Peter onward through these correlating verses. The other evidence in Titus (specifically the verses in 1:2 and 3:7, wherein the word 'hope' is found pertaining explicitly to the term 'of ETERNAL LIFE'), explains more precisely the use of the term 'blessed hope' found between those two uses,(in the chapters immediately before and after the chapter where 'blessed hope' is found) and obviously points to 'the blessed hope' being the time of the fullness of our salvation, realized. It is the time when eternal life is an actuality, and assuredly ours... 'The Blessed Hope' is NOT the event of 'the rapture'... no matter when the rapture occurs.

Please do not rely on 'commentaries of men', but rather, present Scripture-based evidence with your thoughts - as long as it is within the context of the concept being presented within the particular chapter it is being drawn from... 'cherry picking verses'... and 'gleaning the grapevines'... do not produce the same results, nor the same harvest.

So there are my thoughts... would you care to share yours?🌾

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 2 Apr, 2022 06:19 PM

And so it begins...

(Notice that eventhough the two thoughts appear in the same verse, they are delineated as being separate, as two different things, not only with a comma but also with the word 'and' - denoting these two as being two different concepts.)

So there are my thoughts... would you care to share yours?🌾

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Men pushing for your phone number?
Posted : 2 Apr, 2022 09:03 AM

Thank you... and very true. If we, as women, choose to talk to someone on the phone, we can use *67 as the first part of their phone number and it should hide the number you are calling from. Try it with a friend first in case the phone you're calling from doesn't support using it.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Looking at the idea of a 'concept' as: 1) 'individual understandings', (which most often is based on preconceived ideas and assumptions), versus 2) God's hopes and expectations towards us in seeking knowledge of Him, and His (actual) Truth, in light of His Concepts, put forth in the bible, as He defines them.
Posted : 31 Mar, 2022 08:39 PM

Well said, James. I was fortunate to not have been raised in any denomination. Therefore l did not have to 'unlearn' errors, or go through the wrestlings and guilt of leaving behind beliefs that had been drilled in to my psyche from a young age. So the journey has been very interesting for me.

Being a very curious, analytical and logical person, l tend to ask questions. I have yet to find a pastor who can give answers as to why they supposedly believe as they profess to believe. And l find that odd very strange and disconcerting.

It's bad enough to believe something, simply because someone says it is so. But how much worse to hold a bible up in one's own hand and say, "l know that doctrine is true because my pastor says it's in here!" There will be a day of reckoning, accountability and judgment for all of us in some respect. Should we not wonder if God might not take strong issue with our having His Word in our hands, yet never desiring to open it up and search out Truth for ourselves?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts... 🌾

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
How to Understand, and Deal with, 'The Spirit of Heaviness and Depression'
Posted : 30 Mar, 2022 08:27 PM

Depression often comes in like waves washing over one's head. The first one often comes from what seems like from 'out of nowhere'. And then another 'wave' follows shortly behind it... and then another and another. A person may feel like themselves, in the moments between the waves... but the waves hit and the heaviness comes upon the head suddenly... like the actual weight of a wave coming down hard and heavy... then a breath of normalcy and then the next  wave comes... This is how some people (Christians) experience the demonic efforts at wearing a person down till the 'spirit of heaviness/depression' finds entry in order to oppress the person. (A true christian cannot be possessed but can be oppressed by demonic influences.)

In Luke 24:44 Christ stated the following: 'And he said unto them, "These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the PSALMS, concerning me." Luke 24:44 KJV

And l truly, deeply, believe that Psalm 69:1-21 was about the heartfelt anguish and (yes!) depression Christ felt. Notice the commonality of what l shared regarding the description from believers, of the efforts of demonic entities to bring 'the spirit of heaviness upon them, and how christ describes the 'deep waters that overflow' him... (verses 2,14-15 and the 'coming in unto him' of those waters (vs 1,15) and the 'heaviness' that came from his enemies reproach) (Derek Prince speaks of this heaviness of depression in a 2 minute video regarding  Isaiah 61:3. Both of which l share down at the bottom of this text)....

Demons are spiritual enemies that attempt to bring our own  'reproach' upon us from negative things within us, and from what seems like 'failures' from outside of us - this forms a roost for 'the dirty birds' that pick away at us within our minds and vulnerable emotions.

So if you find yourself wrestling with these things - hang in there... you are not alone... many Christians are having this come against them... And too, we are in the best of company, for our precious saviour went through it as well. You too, shall overcome. Trust in the Lord, and lean on Him when the difficult times come...

Psalm 69:1-21 'Save me, O God; For the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: Mine eyes fail while I wait for my God. They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: They that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: Then I restored that which I took not away. O God, thou knowest my foolishness; And my sins are not hid from thee. Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: Let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel. Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; Shame hath covered my face. I am become a stranger unto my brethren, And an alien unto my mother's children. For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; And the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me. When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, That was to my reproach. I made sackcloth also my garment; And I became a proverb to them. They that sit in the gate speak against me; And I was the song of the drunkards. But as for me, my prayer Is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy Hear me, in the truth of thy salvation. Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: Let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters. Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, And let not the pit shut her mouth upon me. Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: Turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies. And hide not thy face from thy servant; For I am in trouble: Hear me speedily. Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: Deliver me because of mine enemies. Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: Mine adversaries are all before thee. Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: And I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; And for comforters, but I found none. They gave me also gall for my meat; And in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.' Psalm 69:1‭-‬21 KJV

Isaiah 69:3 '...to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.' Isaiah 61:3 KJV

Derek Prince 2 minute video - copy and paste the following title on YouTube search bar: Dereck Prince Spirit of Heaviness/Depression

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
How to Understand, and Deal with, 'The Spirit of Heaviness and Depression'
Posted : 30 Mar, 2022 08:20 PM

Depression often comes in like waves washing over one's head. The first one often comes from what seems like from 'out of nowhere'. And then another 'wave' follows shortly behind it... and then another and another. A person may feel like themselves, in the moments between the waves... but the waves hit and the heaviness comes upon the head suddenly... like the actual weight of a wave coming down hard and heavy... then a breath of  and then the next  wave comes... This is how some people (Christians) experience the demonic efforts at wearing a person down till the 'spirit of heaviness/depression' finds entry in order to oppress the person. (A true christian cannot be possessed but can be oppressed by demonic influences.)

In Luke 24:44 Christ stated the following: 'And he said unto them, "These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the PSALMS, concerning me."

Luke 24:44 KJV

And l truly, deeply, believe that Psalm 69:1-21 was about the heartfelt anguish and (yes!) depression Christ felt. Notice the commonality of what l shared regarding the description from believers, of the efforts of demonic entities to bring 'the spirit of heaviness upon them, and how christ describes the 'deep waters that overflow' him... (verses 2,14-15 and the 'coming in unto him' of those waters (vs 1,15) and the 'heaviness' that came from his enemies reproach) (Derek Prince speaks of this heaviness of depression in a 2 minute video regarding  Isaiah 61:3. Both of which l share down at the bottom of this text)....

Demons are spiritual enemies that attempt to bring our own  'reproach' upon us from negative things within us, and from what seems like 'failures' from outside of us - this forms a roost for 'the dirty birds' that pick away at us within our minds and vulnerable emotions.

So if you find yourself wrestling with these things - hang in there... you are not alone... many Christians are having this come against them... And too, we are in the best of company, for our precious saviour went through it as well. You too, shall overcome. Trust in the Lord, and lean on Him when the difficult times come...

Psalm 69:1-21

'Save me, O God; For the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: Mine eyes fail while I wait for my God. They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: They that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: Then I restored that which I took not away. O God, thou knowest my foolishness; And my sins are not hid from thee. Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: Let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel. Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; Shame hath covered my face. I am become a stranger unto my brethren, And an alien unto my mother's children. For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; And the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me. When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, That was to my reproach. I made sackcloth also my garment; And I became a proverb to them. They that sit in the gate speak against me; And I was the song of the drunkards. But as for me, my prayer Is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy Hear me, in the truth of thy salvation. Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: Let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters. Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, And let not the pit shut her mouth upon me. Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: Turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies. And hide not thy face from thy servant; For I am in trouble: Hear me speedily. Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: Deliver me because of mine enemies. Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: Mine adversaries are all before thee. Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: And I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; And for comforters, but I found none. They gave me also gall for my meat; And in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.' Psalm 69:1‭-‬21 KJV

Isaiah 69:3 '...to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.'

Isaiah 61:3 KJV

Derek Prince 2 minute video - copy and paste the following title on YouTube search bar: Dereck Prince Spirit of Heaviness/Depression

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 29 Mar, 2022 12:04 PM

The word 'concept' is an interesting thing. People can have 'a concept' of... let's say ... 'what is right, and what is wrong'. Often a problem arises in that, if the basis for that individual person's concept is left unexamined, there can be many errors based on assumptions and misunderstandings.

And even if the concept is based on what the person believes to be the most refined source of 'truth' regarding that concept, unless it is TRULY the most accurate source of untainted, uncorrupted 'knowledge', then that conclusion may be flawed... equally as much as what might amount to little more than 'a good guess'.

Unfortunately, people don't want to invest in the 'spiritual sweat equity' involved in obtaining The Truth... So we all must ask ourselves just how valuable is GOD'S TRUTH, to me?... to you?

'So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, And apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, And liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, And searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, And find the knowledge of God. For the LORD giveth wisdom: Out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.' Proverbs 2:2‭-‬6 KJV

Comments, anyone???

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 29 Mar, 2022 12:00 PM

The word 'concept' is an interesting thing. People can have 'a concept' of... let's say ... 'what is right, and what is wrong'. Often a problem arises in that, if the basis for that individual person's concept is left unexamined, there can be many errors based on assumptions and misunderstandings.

And even if the concept is based on what the person believes to be the most refined source of 'truth' regarding that concept, unless it is TRULY the most accurate source of untainted, uncorrupted 'knowledge', then that conclusion may be flawed... equally as much as what might amount to little more than 'a good guess'.

Unfortunately, people don't want to invest in the 'spiritual sweat equity' involved in obtaining The Truth... So we all must ask ourselves just how valuable is GOD'S TRUTH, to me?... to you?

'So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, And apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, And liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, And searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, And find the knowledge of God. For the LORD giveth wisdom: Out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.' Proverbs 2:2‭-‬6 KJV

Comments, anyone???

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10