Author Thread
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
The Call to Grow in Knowledge
Posted : 13 Mar, 2022 09:06 AM

As are you... as are we all.

A work in progress. Delightfully,... and sometimes painfully,... so. 😊

'In the day when I cried thou [oh God] answeredst me, And strengthenedst me with strength in my soul. The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: Forsake not the works of thine own hands.'

Psalm 138:3‭, ‬8 KJV

'For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.'

Psalm 92:4 KJV

'If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait, Till my change come. Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: Thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.'

Job 14:14‭-‬15 KJV

Have a beautiful and blessed day, Little David 🌾

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Does a wink mean anything to you?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 07:37 PM

Usually seems to be a scammer who throws winks out like breadcrumbs to the a dozen different ducks at the park... and just seeing if they might get a nibble of interest back.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
To the Ladies
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 07:28 PM

l have never been all that enthralled with the concept of dating. It feels too, 'put on'... l would rather go through 10 job interviews than go on one date. At least with a job interview, there's clear lines of intent and purpose with the understanding of a defined goal of both parties. l think arranged marriages have a better chance of success than 'hit and miss' efforts called 'dating'. 😬😁

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Are Concubines the new Girlfriends?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 07:15 PM

Well Otis... you seem perhaps as discouraged as l in seeking just an exchange of thoughts relative to christian/biblical topics. (sigh)

l wish l had an avenue to somehow connect with you again. I could very much appreciate some thought-provoking, intellectual, discussions. Perhaps our paths will cross again one day... 😊

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Are Concubines the new Girlfriends?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 07:10 PM

Well Otis... you seem perhaps as discouraged as l in seeking just an exchange of thoughts relative to christian/biblical topics. (sigh)

l wish l had an avenue to somehow connect with you again. I could very much appreciate some thought-provoking, intellectual, discussions. Perhaps our paths will cross again one day... 😊

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 05:42 AM

(I am simply posting the same reply to you're invitation here, as l did in the 'Ask a Guy' thread. Again, 'Thanks... but no thanks.')

Little David, l appreciate the invite, but l've quietly checked it out a number of times over an extended period of time and l am certain there is nothing there for me.

l don't consider name calling and demeaning other people as individuals, simply because one does not agree with their particular thoughts regarding biblical topics, worthy of being called 'a christian debate'.

l am not trying to be unnecessarily ugly, but what l see there reminds me very much of 3rd grade schoolyard bullying by 2 against 1. That is my truly honest opinion. And it gets reinforced each time l slip in and quietly observe and consider, what is layed out for all the world to see as 'the best each party has to offer'. I, as a believer, find it shameful and childish. These words of mine are not coming from a place of harshness... they are, sadly, my honest appraisal.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 05:37 AM

To clarify, this comment is solely in reply to JamesEG's comment:

Trust me... it's a waste of time. A person gives voice to what resides in their heart... there is nothing of value to be found there.

'Answer not a fool according to his folly, Lest thou also be like unto him.'

Proverbs 26:4 KJV

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 05:33 AM

Trust me... it's a waste of time. A person gives voice to what resides in their heart... there is nothing of value to be found there.

'Answer not a fool according to his folly, Lest thou also be like unto him.'

Proverbs 26:4 KJV

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 05:24 AM

Little David, l appreciate the invite, but l've quietly checked it out a number of times over an extended period of time and l am certain there is nothing there for me.

l don't consider name calling and demeaning other people as individuals, simply because one does not agree with their particular thoughts regarding biblical topics, worthy of being called 'a christian debate'.

l am not trying to be unnecessarily ugly, but what l see there reminds me very much of 3rd grade schoolyard bullying by 2 against 1. That is my truly honest opinion. And it gets reinforced each time l slip in and quietly observe and consider, what is layed out for all the world to see as 'the best each party has to offer'. I, as a believer, find it shameful and childish. These words of mine are not coming from a place of harshness... they are, sadly, my honest appraisal.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 24 Feb, 2022 06:07 PM

I have been there... spent way more time than l should have checking out the conversations... 😒 And so l would have to say that after reading my question, and the standards of decorum l outlined, l'm guessing you haven't been there... lol

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10