Author Thread
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Would anyone care to share ACTUAL BIBLE VERSES, (NOT OPINIONS), in support of the idea of 'THE PRETRIB RAPTURE'? Please conduct yourself as Christian Adults!!! (the world is watching)
Posted : 26 Mar, 2022 01:46 PM

l will post similar questions for all 4 Rapture Theories, so please don't post opposing text or contradictory evidence here.... Instead, go to the one specifically asking about the one most reflective of your personal leaning on the subject.... lt will make the purpose of this post, so much easier, thanks😁

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
There are scriptures on immorality in the Bible
Posted : 22 Mar, 2022 09:12 PM

OtisMusic The higher up the mountain we go, the fewer the people we see... and the fewer the meaningful conversations regarding the path and the journey... l miss your thoughts and depth of your insight... would truly love to visit with you again.... l counted you as a true friend back 4 yrs ago, when we were both on here... let me know when you are back on.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Raising a Child from a sexual assault?
Posted : 20 Mar, 2022 05:05 PM

My advice would be: if you are truly a christian, then regardless of what you think of the event that produced the pregnancy, the child is more yours than his, you can, even from conception love the little human being God gave to you to nurture within your womb for the brief season God has appointed to you. If, when you question, 'What is best?"

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Does the idea of an older man, often 60+ saying he has never been married, yet is looking to marry a young (20-25) woman and father babies sound as rediculous to you guys as it does to women? πŸ˜†
Posted : 19 Mar, 2022 05:58 PM

to IamYu (sp?) l agree... thank you for replying πŸ™‚

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Does the idea of an older man, often 60+ saying he has never been married, yet is looking to marry a young (20-25) woman and father babies sound as rediculous to you guys as it does to women? πŸ˜†
Posted : 19 Mar, 2022 05:58 PM

to IamYu (sp?) l agree... thank you for replying πŸ™‚

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Easy Recipes for Hesitant CooksπŸ˜€
Posted : 16 Mar, 2022 01:23 PM

An easy, 'home cooked' meal for you bachelors:

- a little oil and butter (oil keeps the butter from burning)

- leftover chicken from carry out (fyi: Costco has great rotisserie chicken) however much you want for the meal

- a pkg of chicken flavored Ramen noodles

- a can of whatever veggies you like

- a little water

Place the already cooked chicken in the center of a large frying pan with a lid. You can cut the chicken to whatever size you'd like to help it reheat a bit faster. The larger the pieces the longer you want to let it simmer and you may need to add extra fluid (oil and butter, or LOW SODIUM chicken broth, or just a little more water), near the end of the cooking.

So you have the chicken in the center of the frying pan; break up the Raman noodles and place in a circle around the chicken;

drain the veggies, (but keep the water from the veggies -IF you like the flavor of the water from the canned veggies, otherwise you can use water or LOW SODIUM chicken broth);

mix the Raman noodles flavor packet in the veggie water, or broth, and pour over the dry noodles in the pan (you may need to add more fluid but you might better wait and see, unless you want the noodles more soupy.);

pour the veggies evenly over the noodles, put the lid on and bring to a boil - immediately lower the heat and let simmer approx. 12-18 minutes according to the size of the chicken;

check occassionally to see if you need to add more fluid.

Dont stir, it turns out much better if you don't.

Keep the lid on unless you need to let excess juice cook off...

When done to your liking, take a large plate and simply slide the contents of the pan gently onto the plate. Add some butter to the noodles if you'd like and enjoy.

Easy to make and an easy clean up afterwards...

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Why do "Christian" women think its ok to be discourteous?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2022 05:35 AM

Dazz, l read your profile... l think l can tell you what is most likely the issue regarding you not getting responses back.

You are 'separated' yet you say: "l should also be clear, that I am serious, and not mucking around." Truth is, by most 'Christian' women's standards - you are not 'free' and until the divorce is final, you sort of are 'mucking around'. The women who are not answering you are probably not answering you because they are, in fact, standing firm on their 'Christian' values. Your implied questioning of them being 'christian' because they wont reply to a technically 'married man' falls far short of a valid criticism and in fact, turns the magnifying glass back on your scruples.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Why do "Christian" women think its ok to be discourteous?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2022 05:23 AM

First of all, is it truly 'discourteous' to not reply to someone's attempt to connect? I dont think so. With half of such attempts eventually marked with a red circle/slash, obviously there are people whose 'knock at your door' are best left unanswered. I don't find 'a nonresponse' offensive at all. Why should l? If they find nothing of interest in me - so be it... they don't have to tell me --- l'm sort of intelligent and can figure that out all by myself. Let it go and move on.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Approaching someone at church?
Posted : 15 Mar, 2022 08:50 PM

Not the first time you meet. We women feel 'evaluated' and pursued often so much that we find we feel as though we must keep ever-vigilant and wary of all men, even the married ones on a constant basis. Church should afford us a surety of rest and respite from such things.

If you are interested in someone, l suggest approaching the pastor, explain you'd like to ask her out but want to respect the propriety due in such a situation. He then should discuss it with his wife and have her approach the woman on your behalf. This would greatly impress most women in that you respected the boundaries she might be hoping to enjoy within the 'church family'.

And women, please stop trying to matchmake with people new in the church!!! l attended a nice little church for the first time a few years back, as soon as the service was over l looked up and found a man standing in front of me grinning. l stood up and he didn't move... he just stood there - grinning. When it became uncomfortable, l introduced myself, since he still had said nothing. Then he wandered away after a few pleasantries. And in just mulling around amongst the people who were there, three people tried to lay the ground work for setting me up with him. I never went back.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Smoking, Drinking & Promiscuity
Posted : 15 Mar, 2022 08:23 PM

'The higher the horse one chooses to place himself upon, the further, and more painful the fall, when it eventually comes.'

You begin with a self-elevated, haughty judgment of others based on 'statistics' which are often manipulated to obtain the desired result... Then you try to 'use' scripture to prove what? That arrogancy born of pride can represent itself as having come from well-meaning, humble intentions?

Sir, with whatever respect might be due you, you come across as one in bitterness... In the way you present yourself, you come across, ( not just on this thread, but on all l have seen your comments on) as the type of emotionally stunted 'Christian' that leaves the bitter taste of pretentious, self-righteous, RELIGION in the mouths of atheists, agnostics and actual truth seekers... and that bitterness will be spewed forth from those people whoas mocking evidence, and one more witness to the type of 'Christianity' you portray. And of all the things l've said, no doubt this will offend you the most, but say it l will - l feel honestly sorry for you.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10