Author Thread
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Probably The Easiest To Answer
Posted : 21 Sep, 2020 01:37 PM

To marry an 'unbeliever' is to get Satan for a father-in-law... People serve either one master, or the other - talk about 'sleeping with the enemy'! it becomes slowly apparent, and very 'real', after some point... The problem is they are very good at putting on Satan's robe of deception and deceit...

There are many who 'profess' to be Christians, they know enough to 'pass' but when it gets down to it, they are 'corrupt pretenders'... hiding behind the banner of supposed belief... They are often narcissists... If satan has a true seed in the flesh - it is 'The Narcissist'.

I never even knew about such a thing until about 6 years ago, other than the 'myth' of Narcissus. And now they are crawling out of the woodwork like roaches! The 'selfie generation' has bloomed and seeded the fertile ground of 'SELF-importance' being the end all of every thing that might be esteemed as 'having value'.... aaargh!

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Comments on Profiles are important
Posted : 21 Sep, 2020 01:19 PM

to Alligator: I agree... so strange... also showing off their 'toys'... This too seems to be an effort at 'allurement', but we, as women, do not see what other women on this site, are themselves, 'alluring to' in regards to what they are looking for in a man...

Perhaps the men are simply 'responding in kind'. I liken it as an appropriate place for the old admonition: "What you catch them with you had better be able to keep them with."

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Thinking for yourself is not sin. If the SON sets you free, you are free indeed.
Posted : 21 Sep, 2020 01:08 PM

My reply was to 'Little David' in response to the quote regarding 'the repeating of history'...

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Thinking for yourself is not sin. If the SON sets you free, you are free indeed.
Posted : 21 Sep, 2020 01:01 PM

Well said... we are currently watching it happen... Perhaps their hatred of history stems from their fear that their ongoing actions in this period of time will be viewed by their children, and their children's children as the idiocy of weak-minded people who had no understanding of the open-ended consequences of the foolishness of pandering to things they did not even understand the concepts of, much less their place in the (HISTORY of the) demise of the very freedom they are claiming right to utilize, in order to destroy the very freedoms they hate.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Are you accountable bto God ? Be care what you tell others about the Bible
Posted : 21 Sep, 2020 12:09 PM

The admonition to 'not eat of the tree' was given to Adam before Eve was created... It was expected of Adam to clearly explain the prohibition to here when God put Eve into Adam's caretaking... Adam apparently did not do a very good job in that she was even capable of being deceived... and so she was...

Adam's sin was not in being 'deceived', for he was not. His sin was one of 'rebellion'. He knew very well what he was doing and chose to do wrong according to the knowledge that he was choosing to stand up against God in rebellion... The same as satan...

And therefore, 'The Fall of Mankind' was put upon him, not Eve...

Please don't send me your long, 'cut and pastes' efforts. I won't read them... and neither will I debate with you here... As I find no value in spending my time with certain people...

Although I find the person who posted the question abrasive and immature in her handling of replies, and unbecoming of a mature believer... What I rather choose to address is that I find your attempts at rebuke and establishing of your opinions to be arrogant and full of self-pride...

I intend no harshness, only honest thought in suggesting that you both might learn a bit from the one you are professing to follow...

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Question about the Word of GOD Almighty.
Posted : 21 Sep, 2020 11:35 AM

Hello, I think the answers, (some being excuses), are a few in number. I love the Word and have studied it for many years now...

I think perhaps a lot of people do not want to 'invest' themselves, by way of time and needful 'thinking upon things', in order to come to a place of truly being aware of 'the mind of God' as He has made available through reading of the Word, and then prayer...

Perhaps it is similar to the situation regarding Mt Sinai. (Exodus chapters 19:16-20:20)They say the 'want to know' but do not want to be 'accountable in the first person'... Their fear was that 'if God spoke with them - they might die'. Perhaps in some way, people who do not want to read the Word are also afraid that they become 'accountable' for what they have read, and having been challenged to stand for something directly given to them via the bible and witness of the Holy Spirit upon their soul, they choose instead, to 'stand afar off' and when challenged as to their convoluted beliefs and twisted theologies, try to point the finger at 'the middle man' - who told them 'it is so'...

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Can We Respect Women, Please? A New Look at the Church's View on Lust
Posted : 15 Sep, 2020 06:02 PM

to Alligator: well said.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10