Author Thread
Deborahe

View Profile
Do you believe in the gifts of the spirit?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2008 07:35 AM

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

God is the same: yesterday, TODAY, and forever.

Deborahe

View Profile
Up Up and Away
Posted : 15 Jun, 2008 04:27 PM

2 Kings- 2:11

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked,that,behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Talk about up, up and away!~~~~~WOW ! ! !

:angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
Does God give you dreams that come true?
Posted : 15 Jun, 2008 03:40 PM

(Numbers 12: 5,6)

" And the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud,and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam:and they both came forth. And He said,Hear now my words; If there be a prophet among you ,I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream."

:yay:

Deborahe

View Profile
Posted : 15 Jun, 2008 10:04 AM

Gourdoo,

I recently heard Pat Roberts (700 Club) explaining the gifts of the Spirit. He said the gift of discerning spirits was not one for the faint of heart.

There are many spirits in the world (not all good). Demons are real, as we all know, and with this gift sometimes you may be able to actually "see" the spirit behind the actions of a person.

I know, as believers, we all have a certain amount of discerenment. We are told to try the spirits to see if they are of GOD.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of GOD: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

The gift of discerning spirits goes much deeper that just being able to discern between good and evil.

I'm praying GOD will give you understanding and a revelation of this gift.

GOD BLESS YOU!

your sister in Christ, Deborah:angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
RightKnight
Posted : 14 Jun, 2008 08:18 AM

It thrills my heart to see someone of your age so steadfast in the Lord. My daughters, who don't want mom "preaching" to them are more apt to listen to the Word coming from someone their own age. God's going to use you in a mighty way. He already is! Keep planting those Good Seeds! You remind me of a certain hedgedweller~~~~ " ANOINTED!"

May God continue to teach, strengthen,and bless You;

Deborah :angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother
Posted : 13 Jun, 2008 03:52 PM

Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother is the only commandment God gave us that ends in a promise : that our days will be long upon the earth. All too often we wait until they're already gone before we realize just how many times we could have been kinder,gentler;more respectful. The guilt that often accompanies all the " wish I would haves" can be almost unbearable:::so please honor them now. You'll be glad You did and more importantly; our FATHER commands it!!

P.S. ,SJC1985- - - We're all glad to hear you and Sandy are having a nice trip :ROFL: God Bless ~~~~

Deborahe

View Profile
Posted : 13 Jun, 2008 10:16 AM

Travis,

Thank you for clearing that up. I completely agree that there are many deceivers out there:but we won't follow a stranger's voice- - - - - - - Amen?

Back to the post hedgedweller started: :You and I are on the same page. We both agree that the gifts of the Spirit are very real.

Praise God for you! ! ! ! God Bless;

Deborahe

View Profile
Up Up and Away
Posted : 13 Jun, 2008 08:19 AM

"AND THE SPIRIT AND THE BRIDE SAY COME'.

Hey,strawberi 50,

I also believe in the rapture of the church----"Behold,I shew you a mystery;We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed": :(1 Corinthians 15:51). JESUS is coming for us SOON! I don't know about anyone else; but KNOWING that brings me such comfort; Joy unspeakable !:applause:

Great idea too about a Bible study to learn about the Prophets, who were 'caught up'.

Thank You for this Thought Provoking Post. Great Topic!

I'm going to do some scripture searching for myself.

God Bless You!

Your Sister in Christ;

Deborahe:angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
Profile Writing Tip
Posted : 13 Jun, 2008 06:51 AM

You are a very wise young man, Jonathan! Some of the older men on this site could learn a thing or two from you.

God bless you; :applause:

Your sister in Christ, Deborahe:angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
Posted : 13 Jun, 2008 06:13 AM

Travis,

Of course , none of us have done anything that is worthy of Christ. That's the beauty of our salvation: we no longer have to be worthless beggers.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God:-The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ".(Romans 8:14,16,17). Isn' that Amazing? We don't have to beg anymore- - - we can Boldly cry, "Abba, Father!"

As for the umpteen million Bible teachers: : :"And he gave some,apostles; and some , prophets; and some,evangelists; and some,pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ"(Ephesians 4 :11, 12 ).

God has chosen and anointed many to be teachers and leaders in this body . More of us need to listen,take heed, and learn from the elders God has placed in our lives.Until the Lord takes us HOME;we should daily be open to learning any and everything God wants to teach us : : whether it be on our own; by searching the scriptures or through other brothers and sisters that God has chosen to reveal things of the Spirit to.

'Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above;(James 1 :17)

I pray you continue to grow in your walk with Christ. God bless you, Travis!

Your sister in Christ,

Page : 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24