Author Thread
Deborahe

View Profile
SARAH
Posted : 26 Jun, 2008 08:41 AM

A dear friend sent me the following story; it touched me deeply.

My Name is Sarah. I Am But Three. My Eyes Are Swollen. I Cannot See. I Must Be Stupid; I Must Be Bad. What Else Could Have Made My Daddy So Mad? I Wish I Weren't Ugly.Then Maybe My Mommy Would Still Want To Hug Me. I Can't Speak At All,I Can't Do A Wrong, Or Else I'm Locked Up All Day Long.When I Wake Up I'm All Alone. The House Is Dark. My Folks Aren't Home.When Mommy Does Come, I'll Try To Be Nice, So Maybe I'll Get Just One Whipping Tonight.

Don't Make A Sound! I Just Heard A Car! My Daddy Is Back From Charlie's Bar! I Hear Him Cuss; My Name He Calls! I Press Myself Against The Wall. I Try And Hide From His Evil Eyes. I'm So Afraid Now.I'm Starting To Cry! He Finds Me Weeping; He Shouts Ugly Words; Says It's All My Fault That He Suffers At Work.

He Slaps Me And Hits Me And Yells At Me More; I Finally Get Free And I Run For The Door. He's Already Locked It , And I Start To Bawl! He Takes Me And Throws Me Against The Hard Wall. I Fall To The Floor With My Bones Nearly Broken; But My Daddy Continues, With More Bad Words Spoken. I'm Sorry, I Scream!, But Now It's Too Late. His Face Is All Twisted Into Anger And Hate. The Hurt And The Pain Again And Again!! Oh,Please, God Have Mercy---- Oh,Please Let It End! He Finally Stops And Heads For The Door. I Lay Still And Motionless;Sprawled On The Floor.

My Name Is Sarah. I Am Three. Tonight My Daddy Murdered Me! ! ! ! ! ! !

Deborahe

View Profile
Blind eyes
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 05:44 PM

redeemedone,

What a touching story! It truly starts one thinking. Thank you for reminding me to take the time to be grateful to the ones who definitely loved me in spite of myself. I'm remembering a couple of folks who did just that; and I am wondering why I allowed the memory of them to get lost in the scuffle.My prayers tonight will include someone I haven't thought about in a very long time ,and tomorrow I will try to get in touch and express my gratitude personally. Thanks for this Great Post!!

Deborah :angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
Pre-Trib Rapture, A False Teaching
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 09:47 AM

This will be my last reply to you, Walter.I refuse to be in an argument or debate over when exactly Christ will come for his Church.I'll just join Strawberi and "be ready'!

2 Timothy----- But foolish and unlearned questions avoid,knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive;but be gentle unto all men,apt to teach,patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil ,who are taken captive by him at his will.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God,For it is written, HE TAKETH THE WISE IN THEIR OWN CRAFTINESS. And again, THE LORD KNOWETH THE THOUGHTS OF THE WISE, THAT THEY ARE VAIN.(1 Corinthians-3:19;20)

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

In Christ,

Deborah:angel:

You are still in my prayers.

Deborahe

View Profile
Un-Biblical Christian saying?
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 08:57 AM

Hey gang,

I don't know if anyone else has heard this one or not. My step-dad (passed away now) was a heavy drinker his entire life. Over the years, he had many accidents---- wrecked his pick-up truck on numerous occasions(thankfully no one was ever hurt); twice he flipped his 4- wheeler;fallen off horses; drove his tractor into the pond;and the list goes on!

After each event, I can't remember my mama ever NOT telling me,"You know, they say God takes care of drunks and babies." Don't know who "they" are!

I do know we serve a very Merciful and Loving God.

God Bless You All;

Deborah

:angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
"Many are called but few are chosen"
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 12:27 AM

Robin,

I would answer "yes" to both questions.(I think!) I believe there are certain people in this Body who are chosen to do GREAT things for God. We can't all be a Billy Graham; but we can all give our very best to whatever our calling may be.

Susie's analogy was right on: Home-Run! !

God Bless You Both;

Deborahe

View Profile
God's Name ?
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 12:03 AM

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the AMEN, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God: (Rev.3:14)

God Bless;

Deborahe

View Profile
Comforting Words
Posted : 22 Jun, 2008 10:39 PM

redeemedone,

For quite a while before I ever got up enough courage to post a comment or reply to anything in the Chat Forum; I would still check it out on a daily basis.I admired the way you

would always respond to those who were hurting or confused

with words of encouragement and comfort.I haven't seen you on here in a while,until today, and I just wanted to let you know I'm glad you're back. You are a Blessing to many!

God Bless You:angel:

Deborah

Deborahe

View Profile
Grown men crying! Is that normal?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2008 08:11 AM

Yes, I think it's normal for a grown man to cry; but it's hard for them because most of our sons were raised ,being told that "big boys don't cry".I believe some men struggle with that idea well into adulthood.

I'll have to admit that before I was Born Again;I viewed a man who cried as being weak. Oh, how wrong I was! To me, there is nothing that is more manly than a humble man who isn't afraid to cry.I respect and feel very safe around that type of man.

JESUS WEPT---------- need I say more?

God Bless,

Deborahe

View Profile
Pre-Trib Rapture, A False Teaching
Posted : 21 Jun, 2008 11:05 PM

Walter,

Actually, what you are teaching is incorrect, but I won't agree with you. I'll just keep praying that I be counted worthy to escape the things that are coming because GOD has not appointed us to wrath. I'll keep watching because He's coming as a thief in the night. Just like Noah, I plan to be in the ark before the flood comes. You can stay here if you want to, but living on earth during the Great Tribulation is definitely not one of the desires of my heart!

You are in my prayers.

Deborahe

View Profile
Do you believe in the gifts of the spirit?
Posted : 21 Jun, 2008 03:06 PM

walter4,

I KNOW the gifts of the Spirit are just as real today as they were in the book of Acts. Many of God's children use them on a daily basis.Satan would love to spread the lie that the gifts are not for today;he wants a dead church!;But, WE'RE NOT DEAD!:yay:

Deborah

:angel:

Page : 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24