Author Thread
WalkNTalk

View Profile
I have a lady friend who says she doesn’t read disturbing parts of scripture
Posted : 5 May, 2024 12:19 PM

John 6, Jesus said "my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink." He lost a lot of followers that day. His teaching was hard to stomach.

I knew a Bible student that was terrified of God. After reading Lamentations, it destroyed his whole opinion of God and he wept and wailed. He did not see God in the same light again.

There are verses we grapple with.

God is love. Then we read verses that get us to question God's love. We are at the mercy of God.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
I have a lady friend who says she doesn’t read disturbing parts of scripture
Posted : 5 May, 2024 12:02 PM

A number of disturbing places in the Bible. It should be banned from the church library.

Muslims teach Jesus was a prophet. They believe Muhammad was Greater Prophet. They do not teach that Jesus was God or the Son of God. They have more to say of Mary, the mother of Jesus, than the Christian Bible.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
What’s the difference between false philosophy and bad philosophy⁉️
Posted : 5 May, 2024 11:52 AM

I think an example of false philosophy is:

“God will never notice; he covers his face and never sees.” “He won’t call me to account”

Psalms 10:9-11 like a lion in cover he lies in wait. He lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net. His victims are crushed, they collapse; they fall under his strength. He says to himself, “God will never notice; he covers his face and never sees.”

Psalms 10:13 Why does the wicked man revile God? Why does he say to himself, “He won’t call me to account”?

Psalm 10:14 But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand.

I think an example of bad philosophy is:

“Let us eat and drink,” you say, “for tomorrow we die!”

Isaiah 22:12-13

The Lord, the Lord Almighty, called you on that day to weep and to wail, to tear out your hair and put on sackcloth. But see, there is joy and revelry, slaughtering of cattle and killing of sheep, eating of meat and drinking of wine! “Let us eat and drink,” you say, “for tomorrow we die!”

WalkNTalk

View Profile
What’s the difference between healthy skepticism and dishonest skepticism ⁉️
Posted : 5 May, 2024 10:13 AM

TRUE! "It doesn’t take real miracles to fool a bunch of fools."

I am among those fools. I am skeptical of most healings proclaimed on television. But when it comes to magic, I am fooled.

I believe some things are tricks and some things are dark arts where maybe someone has sold their soul to the Devil in order to do. Was it worth it? I think not.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Everybody welcome
Posted : 5 May, 2024 08:52 AM

There are pregnant women on this site who are separated from their husbands and want another man. That is a proposal for adultery. They aggressively pursue another man even while still married. That is adultery. Everyone here is a sinner. Everyone has sinned. Fornication and adultery are among the sins that people coming onto these sites have committed. These sites have all types. There would be far fewer members if there was just one type.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Everybody welcome
Posted : 5 May, 2024 08:38 AM

In my opinion, it is okay for a girl to ask. It is okay for a girl to invite. It was okay, Ruth 3:8-10. Sometimes, a girl being assertive pays off for both people.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
When you're thinking you teaching Others
Posted : 4 May, 2024 09:47 PM

Thank God, in heaven, we will have better than this for our intermingling.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Everybody welcome
Posted : 4 May, 2024 09:31 PM

I once went to a Bible school. I was a new student there. I was there less than a week and a pregnant Bible school student took me aside and proposed marriage to me flat-out. Another Bible student had gotten her pregnant and she wanted a husband. When my brother was in high school, a pregnant classmate proposed marriage to him as well. The band teacher got her pregnant and she wanted a husband. The teacher quickly moved to another school. The woman quietly had an abortion. So, both my brother and I were proposed to by pregnant women.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Moonlight just said, “All the gifts are still active in the "Body of Christ" today.”
Posted : 4 May, 2024 08:37 PM

I hope you find your miracle. Everyone needs a miracle.

Somethings may appear to be chance, but are orchestrated by God.

God does have his fingers and hands in things. I think there are some miracles. There are things that baffle my mind. There are things beyond coincidence. There are powers unseen. And sometimes, there are miracles. But it wasn't just Moses having a staff change to snake. The bad guys pull off signs and wonders too.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
In what ways are Atheist “scientists” and Charismatic Christians alike⁉️⁉️
Posted : 4 May, 2024 08:25 PM

Many devote Catholics may disagree. The Vatican seeks to substantiate authentic miracles as they contemplate recognizing people for sainthood.

I believe miracles are ever before us, only we're too dull to see. We want the out of the ordinary miracles instead of the everyday ones.

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14