Author Thread
WalkNTalk

View Profile
To debate or not to debate, that is the question
Posted : 7 May, 2024 10:46 PM

"Some people would even quote the first half of the verse from Proverbs... but it seemed they would conveniently skip the last half of that verse"

Reminds me of Proverbs 31.

Many post of being a Proverbs 31 woman. Is that Proverbs 31:3 or Proverbs 31:12.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
To debate or not to debate, that is the question
Posted : 7 May, 2024 10:10 PM

It is a paradox. Share the wisdom!

Everyone engages in folly.

Everyone on this site knows that they are engaging in folly.

Everyone upon these blogs knows that we are engaging in folly.

We are bored, unfulfilled creatures here longing for something to do. This is one way we pass our time. Even reading the Bible as much as we do, is another of folly. We must be doers of the Word and not readers only.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Two new forums: One for arument and the other for insults
Posted : 7 May, 2024 04:51 PM

And I thought you were writing me. But as I read further, it became apparent that you were addressing someone else.

2 Timothy 2:23

Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.

I do believe that bad words go too far on the site. I hope they will become less frequent. As you point out, many people visit these posts and it is international. Some may be curious about Christianity and investigating it to see if it is for them.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
How many times have your read the Bible cover to cover?
Posted : 7 May, 2024 11:31 AM

I knew one man that would memorize whole chapters of the Bible.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Ladies what would you rather have?
Posted : 7 May, 2024 10:57 AM

Government has no inclination to follow the Bible.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Ladies what would you rather have?
Posted : 7 May, 2024 10:55 AM

I do believe that women have rights and freedoms. There are also limitations to our rights and freedoms both in public and in the Bible. God sets limits. I rather God's limits than the limits nations establish.

I agree man is to be head. In the order of scripture, man is the head of woman, Christ is the head of man, and God is the head of Christ. Of course, God and Christ are ultimately our head for everyone and we should most obey them. If there is no command against something, we must obey the humans over us. But if there is a command against something, we must obey God rather than men.

It is true that Eve was made for Adam, not Adam for Eve.

1 Corinthians 11:9, "neither was man created for woman, but woman for man." (1 Corinthians 11:9)

I believe marriage empowers a woman against a man. A guy does not have much a chance. Government has no inclining to follow the Bible. Best odds are going back to how it was at the beginning before marriage license, before marriage certificate, before there was ever divorce and before government intrusion. No marriage these days follows the Bible. But some are better at it than others.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
How many times have your read the Bible cover to cover?
Posted : 7 May, 2024 10:33 AM

I like various Bible recordings as well. They supplement my reading scripture.

I typed the entire Bible onto disc and proof read it. I did it in one translation, then begun on another. It was WIN! WIN! because I became more familiar with the Bible while also improving my typing skills. I have also read the Apocrypha.

The New Testament, I have read cover to cover more times than I can count.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Progressive Christianity
Posted : 7 May, 2024 10:26 AM

TRUE

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Posted : 7 May, 2024 10:16 AM

I think we need an "attack" forum so that one can limit the attacks to there. Then maybe we can enjoy the other forums more.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Posted : 7 May, 2024 10:10 AM

I don't know LD.

Some people go to college. In college, some people may be introduced to debate and debating. Some love debate. Some love debates and seek out debates. When the presidential debates come on tv, I want to watch them. I want to know what each candidate stands for. I watch the Democratic Debates and the Republican Debates. The debates are embarrassment usually. Lots of immature behavior during the debates. Both Republicans and Democrats become an embarrassment during the debates. But I pick out who I like. Among the Democrats, I like Bernie Sanders, Bloomberg, and RFK Jr for how they conduct themselves during debate and some of their content. On the Republican side, I like Huckabee and some others. I have never liked Trump. But I will vote for him anyway, as he is the best candidate running at the current moment. We come to the blogs to find more fulfillment on CDFF. I lack mail in my inbox, so I come here. Moments, I enjoy what people share. But I do not enjoy the in fighting. But I guess it represents what most marriages are like. Church is that way too. So here we are. Some are more peace lovers than others. But reality is we all come from different directions and we are all going to have differences in opinion. Praise God you do not have to marry everybody on this site. You don't even have to marry one. But maybe, we can enjoy a conversation once in a while.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11