Author Thread
WalkNTalk

View Profile
Why do so many people believe stupid things___especially silly things like evolution, false religions, false teachers and charismania
Posted : 4 May, 2024 08:06 PM

We are taught stupid things, so we believe stupid things.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
What’s the difference between false philosophy and bad philosophy⁉️
Posted : 4 May, 2024 08:00 PM

"To be or not to be" (determined)

False philosophy is from me. Bad philosophy is from others.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
What’s the difference between healthy skepticism and dishonest skepticism ⁉️
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:53 PM

But in matter of God, I have never been skeptical of the existence of God. I believe that God's signature is everywhere. I believe that God holds all things together. I believe he formed me in my mother's womb. I believe evidence is everywhere of God's existence. Things did not just happen. We see a house and know there was a builder. We see a car and know that it was made. There is "Intelligent Design" and an "Intelligent Designer". One is evidence of the other. The details are too great to be accidental. "A fool says in his heart, 'There is no God."' C.S. Lewis used to be an atheist. Then he became a great advocate for God and Christ. There are others as well who went from atheism and unbelief to belief in God.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:44 PM

I am skeptical of my own judgment.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:43 PM

At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. (Mark 13:21-22)

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:36 PM

“Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked. (John 1:46)

“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” (John 20:25)

“Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” (Genesis 3:1)

Yes, there are many examples of both forms of skepticism in the Bible.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
the true Christian man.
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:23 PM

How do you measure TRUE when we even have to question ourselves? David was a man after God's own heart, but David slept with another man's wife, then had her husband killed to cover his sin. Yet, God chose David and forgave David. Job was a righteous man, but no woman would have chosen him during his time of trial. Who is a true Christian will be found out later. Yet, some do make an effort. Jesus says that as you have done it to one of the least of these my brethern, you have done it unto me. So, there are some clues to who may be a true Christian. People love God, but do they love God with their finances too? Are people actively wanting to bring people to Jesus? We will be recognized by our fruit. Most of us are not doing a good job of being Christian.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
What are the Dating stages for Christians Vs circular in the societies?
Posted : 4 May, 2024 05:04 PM

"What are the Dating stages for Christians verses Secular Society?"

I do not find dating a part of the Bible. I do not read of dating in the Old Testament. I do not read of dating in the New Testament. I think it is a pretty secular invention. In the Bible, Mary was betrothed to Joseph or promised. So the Bible really does not have anything on dating. Just Bride-Price or shotgun wedding or betrothed. There were arranged marriages and instant marriages and concubines, but I don't read anything of dating at all. Of now days, I think dating stages are missed opportunity then too old for worth. I think Christian dating at large is pretty much the same as secular dating. Just like the divorce rate among Christians is much the same as divorced rates among non-Christians.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
When you're thinking you teaching Others
Posted : 4 May, 2024 11:19 AM

I think from time to time, we all make ourselves look stupid.

I still remember an interview I saw on TV.

A reporter buttered up Manson calling him intelligent. Manson said, "If I am so intelligent, then why am I here?" (Referring to prison) So we are in a similar box. We are all on this site, not having found anything meaningful away from these sites and having some empty spots to fill and hoping to find some satisfaction here and maybe that one actually comes to meet us in person and that it blossoms into a nice relationship. But as they say, "Men are from Mars and women are from Venice." It is very hard to find anyone now days. We would have to discard all our preferences to increase the odds.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
When you're thinking you teaching Others
Posted : 4 May, 2024 11:03 AM

More than we have.

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15