Author Thread
homelesschristian

View Profile
🤔🤔 who will go up in the rapture ❓❓ specifically what about preterists that deny it ❓❓
Posted : 26 Sep, 2023 11:09 AM

Don’t be left behind. Make sure you are ready for the rapture. Since the rapture is for believers, it is vital that you place your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior (Acts 16:31). Repent of your sin and fully trust in Jesus alone as the payment for your sin. Believe in Him, and you will not perish (John 3:16). The Lord knows who are His, and He will leave none of them behind (John 10:14).

Those who are saved by faith in Christ will not be left behind in the rapture. The saved are like the five wise virgins in Jesus’ parable who are ready for the coming of the bridegroom; they have their lamps trimmed and burning and full of oil—a symbol of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 25:1–13). To make sure that you are not left behind, trust Christ. Today is the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2). Do not delay another moment. The matter is urgent. Trust Christ now

homelesschristian

View Profile
💡⭐ primary and secondary essential christian doctrines this is a 2️⃣-parter
Posted : 19 Sep, 2023 10:58 AM

Secondary Essentials

Secondary essentials are likewise necessary truths, but there is no self-declared penalty for their denial – yet they are still essential to the Christian faith. Again, by way of example, Jesus says that he is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father but by him (John 14:6). I call this a secondary essential because there’s no penalty associated with its denial. Nevertheless, it is a statement of absolute truth and is an essential Christian teaching that cannot be denied.

Jesus is the only way to salvation

“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me,'” (John 14:6).

Jesus declared that he was the only access to God the Father. To deny this is to deny what Jesus said.

Jesus’ virgin birth

“’Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,’ which translated means, ‘God with us,’” (Matt. 1:23).

Without the virgin birth, we cannot substantiate the doctrine of the incarnation of Jesus being God in flesh. This would put at risk what Jesus said above in John 8:24 where he said, “I said, therefore, to you, that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins.”

Doctrine of the Trinity

Matt. 28:19, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,” (See also, Matt. 3:16-17; 1 Cor. 12:4-6; 2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6.)

This doctrine is not represented by a single verse per se though it is hinted at. The doctrine of the Trinity is arrived at systematically by looking at the totality of Scripture. It is, nevertheless, the proper representation of scriptural revelation concerning the nature of God.

Our faith is only as good as who we put it in. There are false teachers who redefine God, redefine Christ, and redefine the gospel to their own destruction. Jesus warned us about false Christs and false teachers in Matt. 24:24. Paul clearly said in Galatians 1:8 that anyone who preaches a false gospel is to be cursed. Therefore, we can see from Scripture that there are doctrinal/propositional truths we cannot avoid and that these truths cannot be governed by experience and/or the ambivalence of emerging “conversation.” If that were the case, we would not need the propositional truths given to us by God in the Bible.

Conclusion 💡⭐🙂👍💯🕊️

Having clarified the essentials, we are better able to identify the benefits and dangers of emerging church teachings. As I’ve said before, there is good and bad within this movement. There are teachers who hold to the essentials, but there are also emerging church teachers who not only deny them but consider them to be somewhat irrelevant to their view of the “Christian conversation.”

Let’s “contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints,” (Jude 3)

homelesschristian

View Profile
💡⭐ primary and secondary essential christian doctrines this is a 2️⃣-parter
Posted : 19 Sep, 2023 10:56 AM

By way of example, the first assertion among the primary essentials below is where Jesus makes a statement saying something is essential. He says that unless you believe he is “I am,” you will die in your sins. Jesus is stating that you must believe he is God in flesh (See John 8:58 with Exodus 3:14). Do you see it? Do you see that the Scriptures itself declare what is essential? There are other self-declared essentials. Let’s list them:

Primary Essentials

The Deity of Christ

John 8:24, “I said, therefore, to you, that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins.”

This is where Jesus clearly taught what you cannot deny and you must affirm.

Jesus is God in flesh (John 8:58 with Exodus 3:14). See also John 1:1, 14; 10:30-33; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 1:8

Salvation by Grace

“You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace,” (Gal. 5:4).

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast,” (Eph. 2:8-9).

Both these verses show salvation is by grace through faith and not by works, and that to add works is to not be saved.

The Resurrection of Christ

“And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith,” (1 Cor. 15:14). “And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins,” (1 Cor. 15:17).

These verses clearly state that if you say that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body He died in as he prophesied in John 2:19-21, then your faith is useless.

The Gospel

“But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!” (Gal. 1:8-9, NIV).

1 Cor. 15:1-4 defines what the gospel is: “Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.”

Monotheism

There is only one God (Exodus 20:3; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8)

“You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments,” (Exodus 20:3-6).

We can see that God will visit iniquity on the descendants of those who do not follow the true and living God

homelesschristian

View Profile
Your favorite lesser spoken of bible story.
Posted : 10 Sep, 2023 03:22 PM

J. Vernon " Bible bus " McGee Quote: “May God richly bless you, my beloved.”

homelesschristian

View Profile
🥳🎉🎊🍰🎁🎁🎈 Jesus Christ born in the month of September ❓❓ possibly
Posted : 8 Sep, 2023 10:46 AM

Very good KS I'll go with that

homelesschristian

View Profile
🙂💯🇺🇲🕊️🙏👍👩‍⚕️👷🧑‍🏭🧑‍💼 yes Christians should celebrate Labor Day ‼️
Posted : 4 Sep, 2023 12:17 PM

While Labor Day is a time of celebration and rest, it also serves as a reminder of our eternal hope in Christ. As Christians, we believe that our labor in this world is not in vain, for it is building treasures in Heaven.

After all, Jesus labored on our behalf 2,000 years ago, as He gave his life on the cross. Through his redemptive labor, he gave us his name, “Innocent One,” and in return took upon himself our name, “Guilty One.” Because of his faithful labor, we have been set free.

May we never lose this eternal perspective. If we keep it in mind, it will transform our understanding of work and Labor Day itself. It fills us with gratitude. And, it instills in us a sense of purpose and dedication to our daily tasks, knowing that our labor is contributing to God’s Kingdom and will be rewarded in the life to come.

homelesschristian

View Profile
🥳🎉🎊🍰🎁🎁🎈 Jesus Christ born in the month of September ❓❓ possibly
Posted : 1 Sep, 2023 04:09 PM

⭐⭐ now let me start off by saying this there is nothing wrong with celebrating Jesus Christ birthday December 25th having said that

We have biblical clues about the time of His birth :

“And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. 8 In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night,” (Jesus born Luke 2:7-8).

The time of Jesus’ birth coincided with shepherds being out in the field. They would not have been out during winter, so this removes the possibility of Christ’s birth being at that time.

“Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth. 2 This was the first census taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. 3 And everyone was on his way to register for the census, each to his own city. 4 Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family of David,” (Luke 2:1-4).

The trip from Galilee to Bethlehem is about 80 miles. During the winter the traveling conditions would’ve been very bad which would’ve made travel quite difficult. Since Caesar Augustus wanted a census of the people, it would make more sense for him to require it during a time when people could return to their cities of origin in order to be counted.

Different Dates are proposed for Jesus’ birth

“Since John was born on Passover, the 15th day of Nisan (the 1st Jewish month), Jesus would have been born six months later on the 15th day of Tishri (the 7th Jewish month). The 15th day of the 7th month begins the Feast of Tabernacles (Lev. 23:34-35), also known as Sukkot. Jesus was born on the 1st day of the Feast of Tabernacles! In the year 5 BCE, this fell in the month of September.” (herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Jesus-Birthday)

“It is probable, because of the circumstances shown in Luke 1, that Mary conceived during the last two weeks of Elizabeth’s sixth month. Thus, John was born in the spring of 4 BC, probably between March 18 and 31. By projecting forward another six months to Jesus’ birth, the most probable time for His birth occurred between September 16 and 29

Some scholars suggest he may have been born in the spring. Fact is we don't know the exact date and it really doesn't matter. What's most important is that we become born again like Jesus Christ said in John 3:3

" Unless a person is born again they cannot inherit the kingdom of God "

homelesschristian

View Profile
🤔🤔 Perhaps it's time to have your spiritual senses checked by the great physician Jesus Christ 👨‍⚕️
Posted : 27 Aug, 2023 03:22 PM

Hebrews 5:14 Have their senses exercised to discern Good and evil : It can be said that all five human senses have their spiritual counterparts.

i. We have a spiritual sense of taste: If indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious (1 Peter 2:3). Taste and see that the LORD is good! (Psalm 34:8)

ii. We have a spiritual sense of hearing: Hear and your soul shall live (Isaiah 55:3). He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches (Revelation 2:7).

iii. We have a spiritual sense of sight: Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law (Psalm 119:18). The eyes of your understanding (heart) being enlightened (Ephesians 1:18).

iv. We have a spiritual sense of smell: He shall be of quick scent in the fear of the LORD (Isaiah 11:3, RV margin). I am full, having received from… you, a sweet-smelling aroma (Philippians 4:18).

v. We have a spiritual sense of touch or feeling: Because your heart was tender, and you humbled yourself before the LORD (2 Kings 22:19). The hardening of their heart; who being past feeling, have given themselves over to licentiousness (Ephesians 4:18-19).

homelesschristian

View Profile
🤔🤔 " Lord should we call in for an airstrike ❓❓ " ✈️ 💥 a sons of thunder exclusive report ‼️
Posted : 24 Aug, 2023 06:08 PM

The following incident might indicate why Jesus called them sons of thunder. “When the days were approaching for His ascension, He was determined to go to Jerusalem; and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him. But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem. When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, ‘Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?’ But He turned and rebuked them, and said, ‘You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.’ And they went on to another village” (Luke 9:51-56 NASV)

This is perhaps why he gave them the name sons of thunder James the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James, to whom He gave the name Boanerges, that is, ‘Sons of Thunder’” (Mark 3:14-17)

Through the influence of Christ, two sons of thunder learned to have a different spirit: a “spirit of faith” (2 Corinthians 4:13), “a spirit of gentleness” (Galatians 6:1), a “spirit of wisdom” (Ephesians 1:17), “a gentle and quiet spirit” (1 Peter 3:4).

Following their example, let us learn to have “the mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16): a spirit of faith, gentleness, wisdom and love. Amen

homelesschristian

View Profile
🤔🕵️‍♂️ do christians have a right to self-defense should christians go to war and what about capital punishment what are your thoughts ❓❓
Posted : 22 Aug, 2023 11:11 AM

Here goes my two cents 🪙🪙

But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the 💡💡sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil,” (Rom. 13:1-4).

💡💡 He does not bear the sword in vain: The sword is a reference to capital punishment. In the Roman Empire, criminals were typically executed by beheading with a sword (crucifixion was reserved for the worst criminals of the lowest classes). ⭐⭐Paul, speaking by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, has no doubt that the state has the legitimate authority to execute criminals

Also 👉👉

“Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14 or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right,” (1 Peter 2:13-14).

The Bible teaches that we have the right to self-defense 💡💡 Exodus 22:2: “If the thief is caught while breaking in, and is struck so that he dies, there will be no bloodguiltiness on his account.” The Bible also tells us to protect the innocent,

The proper use of self-defense has to do with wisdom, understanding, and tact. In Luke 22:36, Jesus tells His remaining disciples, “If you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.” Jesus knew that now was the time when His followers would be threatened, and He upheld their right to self-defense

💡💡 So again according to the Bible Christians have a right to self defense a right to go to war under certain circumstances as well as implement capital punishment

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15