Author Thread
homelesschristian

View Profile
What does God see as Adultery?
Posted : 14 Feb, 2024 12:11 PM

"

If people lose their partner that can be the thing that may lead them to change who knows Ian and his cookie loving partner may meet again in this life and remarry if not in the next. "

🤔🤔 roses just for clarification purposes , what exactly do you mean by remarry if not the next ( life ) ❓❓

homelesschristian

View Profile
🙂💯👍 11 cool christian ways to celebrate 💝♥️💘 Valentine's Day with your family ❗❗
Posted : 14 Feb, 2024 11:04 AM

Most welcome roses happy Valentine's Day 💝♥️💘❗❗

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 14 Feb, 2024 09:11 AM

🤔🤔 So if Ian's adultery / fornication escalates into him having numerous affairs , wrecking their home being a poor role model to their children , which becomes apparent to his church as well as the deacons and the pastor and of course causes many around him including Fiona to stumble ......... There is no grounds for divorce as well as excommunication ❓❓

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 12:44 PM

Cheers from across the pond the roses ❗❗

perhaps we can draw from an example using some fictitious characters . Ian and Fiona are two happily married born again Christians for 20 years . Fiona has started to take a liking to one too many biscuits , Ian is getting disenchanted with her weight gain and is starting to get a case of the wandering eye fact so much so that it's wrecking their marriage

first thing is first we know that God hates divorce

'I hate divorce,' says the Lord God of Israel." Thus, relying on Mal 2:1

Secondly if ian will cooperate pastoral counseling it's a very good idea @ this point

Proverbs 15:22 says, “Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counselors they are established

Definitely discernment and wisdom is needed before the prior tasks are even an option

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him

1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing

But should Ian persist in his adulterous lusting then the nuclear option of divorce could be entertained so that he doesn't become a stumbling block to Fiona

Galatians 6 1

Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted ..... "

Fiona wouldn't be in danger of losing her soul if she decided to divorce him , if Ian continues even after the divorce with his sin then what happened to the guy in 1st Corinthians 5 verses 1 to 5 could happen to him as well

💡💡🌟🌟 for the record I am not hyper OSAS but that decision of course is ultimately up to God

homelesschristian

View Profile
🙂💯👍 11 cool christian ways to celebrate 💝♥️💘 Valentine's Day with your family ❗❗
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 12:20 PM

IDEAS FOR CHRISTIAN FAMILIES TO CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY TOGETHER

Though we often think of romantic love during this holiday, Valentine’s Day can also be a day that we celebrate love in general – with our families, friends, and most importantly, God.

This Valentine’s Day, we encourage you to reflect on God’s love for us – the greatest Love of all

Check out these ideas for Christian families to celebrate Valentine’s Day together with faith-based activities, prayers, and reflections

1. FAMILY PRAYER TIME

Begin the day with a special family prayer time, expressing gratitude for the love within the family and asking for God’s guidance in each family member’s life.

2. LOVE LETTER TO GOD

Encourage each family member to write a love letter to God, expressing their gratitude for His love, guidance, and blessings. Share these letters during a family gathering.

3. SCRIPTURE MEMORY GAME

Create a fun and educational game by turning scripture memorization into a family activity. Choose Bible verses related to love and have a competition to see who can memorize and recite them accurately.

4. FAMILY DEVOTIONAL ON LOVE

Select a passage from the Bible that emphasizes the theme of love, such as 1 Corinthians 13. Read and discuss the passage together, sharing insights on how the family can embody these principles in daily life.

5. ACTS OF KINDNESS JAR

Create a jar filled with small acts of kindness that family members can do for each other throughout the day. These acts can be accompanied by scripture verses on love and kindness.

6. FAMILY WORSHIP SESSION

Spend time worshiping together as a family. Sing hymns or Christian songs that focus on God’s love, and take turns sharing what each family member appreciates about God’s love.

7. VALENTINE’S DAY CRAFT WITH A MESSAGE

Engage in a craft activity where family members create Valentine’s Day cards or decorations with Bible verses about love. Display these creations around the house as a reminder of God’s love.

8. FAMILY ACTS OF SERVICE

Instead of traditional gifts, plan a day of family service. Choose a local charity or community organization and spend the day serving together, reflecting on the importance of selfless love.

9. FAMILY REFLECTION TIME

Set aside a specific time for the family to reflect on the past year and express gratitude for the love and support they’ve received from each other and from God.

10. FAMILY MEAL BLESSING

During the family meal, have each family member share a blessing or express gratitude for someone else at the table. This can be accompanied by a short prayer of thanksgiving.

11. FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT WITH A CHRISTIAN MESSAGE

Choose a family-friendly movie with a Christian message about love, sacrifice, or unity. After the movie, discuss the themes and relate them to the family’s own experiences.

Remember to tailor these activities to the preferences and dynamics of your own family. We hope you will be blessed by these activities for your Valentine’s Day this year!

homelesschristian

View Profile
How does God feel about Marriage and being single today?
Posted : 6 Feb, 2024 03:45 PM

1 Corinthians 7:9

🌟🌟💡💡 If they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry: Paul’s recommendation to marry is not based on marriage being more or less spiritual, but on very practical concerns, especially relevant to his day (as explained in 1 Corinthians 7:26, 29, 32). A godly sexual relationship within the covenant of marriage is God’s plan for meeting our sexual needs

i. Though Paul preferred the unmarried state for himself, he doesn’t want anyone to think that being married was less spiritual, or more spiritual. It is all according to an individual’s gifting. Remember that Paul told Timothy that forbidding to marry was a doctrine of demons (1 Timothy 4:1-3).

ii. Paul “was aware how powerfully a counterfeit show of purity deceives the godly.” (Calvin)

d. It is better to marry than to burn with passion: Paul recognizes marriage as a legitimate refuge from pressures of sexual immorality. One should not feel they are immature or unspiritual because they desire to get married so they will no longer burn with passion.

i. Paul is not speaking about what we might consider “normal” sexual temptation. “It is one thing to burn, another to feel heat… what Paul calls burning here, is not merely a slight sensation, but being so aflame with passion that you cannot stand up against it.” (Calvin)

ii. At the same time, if someone has a problem with lust or sexual sin, they should not think that getting married itself solves their problems. Many a Christian man has been grieved to find that his lust for other women did not magically “go away” when he got married

🙂😉 the donut shop analogy ; the single person can go to the donut shop and buy what they want and sit down as long as they like and enjoy it. The married person can go into the donut shop usually has to pick it up and then go straight home. I was never married nor had any kids and i haven't dated in 20 years . When i go to the donut shop i usually buy more than i can eat hoping to share it with someone who will sit at the same table because it's hard for them to object to the good news of Jesus Christ with their mouths full of a peanut butter filled donut 🙂😉

homelesschristian

View Profile
🤔🤔 what are the essentials of the christian faith ❓❓
Posted : 5 Feb, 2024 11:39 AM

The essentials of the Christian faith basically refers to the core foundational beliefs of Christianity. Even when intending to join a church it is important for every Christian to know the essential beliefs of that particular church and compare if thos

The essentials of the Christian faith refer to the following:

1. The deity of Christ

2. Man is sinful and in need of salvation

3. Salvation is by God’s grace through faith and not by works

4. Salvation is through Jesus Christ alone

5. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ

6. God is one and exists in 3 Persons; The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit

7. The Authority of the Scriptures as the word of God

🙂🙂 so let's start with this 👉👉

1. The Deity of Jesus Christ

It is essential for Christians to believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ. Throughout the Bible there are many verses about Jesus that refer to Him as being God and having God’s full attributes. Here are some of the Bible verses that prove the deity of Christ:

Jesus & The Father are ONE

John 10:30-33 (NKJV) – “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

We can learn from John 10:30-33 that Jesus indeed claimed to be God. When Jesus said that He and the Father are one, He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and have the same attributes. The Jews clearly understood what He meant when Jesus said that He is one with the Father. This is why they responded in an attempt to stone Him and accusing Him of blasphemy they said “… You, being a Man, make Yourself God”. The Jews knew that Jesus was saying that He is God.

Jesus is I AM

John 8:58 (NKJV) – Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

When Jesus said these statements in John 8:58, the Jews responded again by attempting to stone Him. Again, the Jews knew exactly what Jesus was saying; Jesus was saying that He was God. Jesus was equating His declaration of being I AM with what God told Moses in Exodus 3:14 and the Jews understood His statement but they refused to accept it. Therefore Jesus was not only saying that He existed before Abraham but He was saying that He has always and eternally existed just as God is self-existing and eternal.

Jesus is God Who Became Flesh

John 1:1-2, 14 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God… And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:1-2 & 14 also explains the deity of Jesus. It proves that Jesus Christ is the Word who was not only with God but that He was God who became flesh and dwelt among us.

1 Timothy 3:16 also says the following: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

1 Timothy 3:16 proves again by saying that “God was manifested in the flesh” meaning that Jesus Christ is God who came in human form.

Jesus is Worshipped as God

John 20:28 – And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Jesus did not refuse worship and He did not rebuke anyone for worshipping Him. Jesus accepted worship while at the same time teaching people to only worship God. Here are some Bible verses where Jesus was worshiped:

Matthew 14:33; Luke 24:52; John 9:35-38; Matthew 28:9,17; Matthew 2:11

homelesschristian

View Profile
How I learned to study my Bible
Posted : 5 Feb, 2024 10:25 AM

You're most welcome roses and of course pastor David guzik has a commentary for all the chapters of Isaiah too. Good stuff ❗❗

homelesschristian

View Profile
How I learned to study my Bible
Posted : 4 Feb, 2024 11:40 AM

Isaiah 11:28/10 we are to study God's word line upon line precept upon preset

I like to study the Bible with pastor David guzik's commentaries

He does every chapter in the Bible too https://www.blueletterbible.org/comm/guzik_david/study-guide/john/john-2.cfm

homelesschristian

View Profile
Do men believe that women hear from the Holy Spirit and understand the BIBLE
Posted : 4 Feb, 2024 11:37 AM

God bless you like roses too hey brother David

In John 14 (25-27) The departing Jesus leaves the gifts of the Holy Spirit and His peace.

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will 👉👉 teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

This includes both male and female

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11