Author Thread
homelesschristian

View Profile
What do you guys think about women preachers?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 01:34 PM

Yes I've been homeless for four and a half years now

homelesschristian

View Profile
What do you guys think about women preachers?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 11:07 AM

💡💡 The Greek for “husband of one wife” is found in these verses

1 Timothy 3:2, “andra mias gunaikos”; andra = man/husband; mias = of one; gynaikos = woman/wife

1 Timothy 3:12, “andres mias gynaikos”; andres = men/husbands; mias = of one; gynaikos = woman/wife

Titus 1:6, “aner mias gunaikos”; aner = man/husband; mias = of one; gynaikos = woman/wife

In other words, each is saying a “man of one woman,” or a “one-woman man.” Notice that the biblical instruction is that the elders, bishops, overseers must be men. ‘Andra,’ ‘andres’, and ‘aner’ all are cognates of the same word in Greek meaning man, husband. In each case, the one who is an elder, deacon, bishop, or overseer is instructed to be male2. He is the husband of one wife (‘aner mias gunaikas,’ ‘man of one woman’), responsible, able to “exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict,” (Titus 1:9). We see no command for the overseers to be women. On the contrary, women are told to be “dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things,” (1 Timothy 3:11). Why is it that it is the men who are singled out as the overseers? It is because of the created order of God that Paul references (Gen. 1-2; 1 Timothy 2:12-14). This is not merely a social custom that fell away with ancient Israel.

homelesschristian

View Profile
Do you ever feel you are fallowing Paul more then Christ ?
Posted : 27 Oct, 2023 11:03 AM

Thank you bro David all glory to God hallelujah ‼️

homelesschristian

View Profile
Proving the Trinity Before Council of Nicaea | Early Christian Theology
Posted : 25 Oct, 2023 02:51 PM

Amen and amen without the Trinity there is no salvation and we can all find it in the Old testament and New testament but here's some external sources to prove it too :

Here are examples of what early Christian writers had to say on the subject of the Trinity:

The Didache

“After the foregoing instructions, baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living [running] water. . . . If you have neither, pour water three times on the head, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit” (Didache 7:1 [A.D. 70]).

Ignatius of Antioch

“[T]o the Church at Ephesus in Asia . . . chosen through true suffering by the will of the Father in Jesus Christ our God” (Letter to the Ephesians 1 [A.D. 110]).

“For our God, Jesus Christ, was conceived by Mary in accord with God’s plan: of the seed of David, it is true, but also of the Holy Spirit” (ibid., 18:2).

Justin Martyr

“We will prove that we worship him reasonably; for we have learned that he is the Son of the true God himself, that he holds a second place, and the Spirit of prophecy a third. For this they accuse us of madness, saying that we attribute to a crucified man a place second to the unchangeable and eternal God, the Creator of all things; but they are ignorant of the mystery which lies therein” (First Apology 13:5–6 [A.D. 151]).

Theophilus of Antioch

“It is the attribute of God, of the most high and almighty and of the living God, not only to be everywhere, but also to see and hear all; for he can in no way be contained in a place. . . . The three days before the luminaries were created are types of the Trinity: God, his Word, and his Wisdom” (To Autolycus 2:15 [A.D. 181]).

homelesschristian

View Profile
Do you ever feel you are fallowing Paul more then Christ ?
Posted : 24 Oct, 2023 09:28 AM

🙂👍💯🇺🇸🎯🎯🕊️ good morning guys God bless you both ‼️

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard people say that Paul contradicted Jesus Christ I would be rich 💲💲 but anything could be further from the truth here is an example one of many :

Salvation by faith, not works

Jesus

Matthew 7:22–23, “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’”

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.“

John 6:40, “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

Paul

Romans 3:28, “For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.”

Romans 4:5, “But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,”

Titus 3:4–5, “But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, 5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,”

homelesschristian

View Profile
Creative Christian Halloween Ideas ✝️🎃
Posted : 20 Oct, 2023 09:05 AM

👉 Carve Pumpkins with a Pumpkin Prayer

We are starting this Christian Halloween Ideas tradition this year! I have seen varying renditions of the pumpkin prayer, so I decided to create my own! The idea is to level up the pumpkin carving tradition by carving it with your kids while saying a prayer. Each line pertains to a separate part of the pumpkin carving.

You will start by cutting off the top and asking your kids to open their minds we can all learn more about Jesus through this pumpkin carving session. It’s a little cheesy and might work better for little kids, but I think the concept could be pretty effective as you mold it into something for your own family.

👉 Watch Holiday Shows that Offer a Redemption Story

I gauge my own TV watching on one principle: Does this storyline offer redemption?

It does not have to weave the Gospel into its storyline, but it does have to offer some sort of character redemption. Did the characters in the story grow and learn? Was there any sort of moral lesson?

Here are a few Halloween or Holiday shows that I have watched and enjoyed during the fall season.

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Spooky the Square Pumpkin

Fly Away Home

October Sky

Stellaluna

These are tame fall movies that have a good storyline without being exclusive ‘Halloween’ in nature

👉 Make Gratefulness Pumpkins

This idea is a bit more on the Thanksgiving bandwagon, but the reason I mention it is that I like to start this tradition around the middle of October and let it continue throughout Thanksgiving. It is a super fun activity for little ones and can even integrate some literacy learning, which as a previous literacy teacher, I LOVE!

The idea is to take a bundle of small pumpkins and set them out in a well-used space of your house. For us, this is our living room on an end table.

If your children are old enough, you can place Sharpie paint markers around. Ask your children to start writing on the sides of the pumpkins what they are grateful for. For smaller children, I have even placed crayons in a basket with the pumpkins. You can read more about the activity here.

👉 Read Some Stories of the Saints

Another great activity for this time of the year is to start teaching your kids about the martyrs and saints that have gone before us and the sacrifices that they have made for Jesus

👉 Dress up as Bible Characters

I’ve heard all sorts of different versions of this idea. This certainly does not have to be a Christian Halloween idea, you could do it any time of the year!

One way to do it is to have your own Fall celebration and invite a bunch of friends. Each family could dress up as a Bible story. Or each child could dress up as a Bible character. The renditions of this idea could be endless!

Here are some fun ones to get you started!

Moses

Solomon

One of the Three Wise Men

Esther

Deborah (the Warrior)

Paul

Timothy

King David

👉 Reverse Treating

I love this idea, but I have not yet done it with my own children as they are still a bit too little for the full impact of the activity.

Instead of your children getting candy and treats, why not allow them to give candy and treats?

There are many ways to do this. You can package up little bags or boxes of candy, treats, and fun items, make sure you include a little note about why you’re doing ‘Trick-or-Treating’ this way. You could even add one of the Halloween Scripture Cards printables (that is available at the end of this post).

👉 Decorate Cookies or Cupcakes

This is a great activity for little kids who can’t quite do the more involved activities for higher ages. You could even use the edible sugar fall leaves or these fall cupcake liners for decorations!

If you want to put a Christian Halloween Ideas spin on it, you can add some scripture to your decorating or cut-out crosses

👉 Listen to Halloween Audiobooks

There are some really fun audio dramas that can accurately explain Halloween and bring some entertainment to your little ones! During my childhood, I remember listening to Adventures in Odyssey’s “What are we going to do about Halloween” on many occasions.

👉 Carve some Fruits of the Spirit Pumpkins

What to do some Christian Halloween crafts? Why not carve some Fruits of the Spirit pumpkins? Not all pumpkin carving has to be creepy! You can make some really creative pumpkin carvings that are happy! I was astonished to find these Disney pumpkin carving stencils online.

However, a Christian alternative would be to carve a pumpkin for each fruit of the spirit! Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, and Self-Control! What a wonderful lineup of pumpkins you would have on your front porch. This would also be a great idea for harvest festivals.

I have also really enjoyed doing pumpkin painting with little ones. All you have to do is set them loose with some good-quality paint and a pumpkin. This also is an easier way to do the fruits of the spirit pumpkins. You can write with Patio Paint the fruit of the spirit and then have your children illustrate it.

The Patio Paint allows for the paint to be weatherproof. It won’t last forever, but it lasts longer than washable or acrylic paint.

painted pumpkin for Christian Halloween Ideas

👉 Attend a Fall Celebration of Trunk-or-Treat Party

Chances are there are at least a couple of churches in your area that do an alternative to the Halloween celebration. At my church, we do a Fall Celebration, which includes a Trunk or Treats option. It is such a fun activity and outreach for our community. Maybe you can even start one at your church! This is a nice alternative to a Halloween party! Last year my kids really enjoyed our Fall Celebration at our church. It’s always enjoyable to dress up in fun costumes that are family-friendly, and attending a church party is a great way to do that.

It’s also a great opportunity to share the Good News and Gospel message with your unsaved community. It can also be an opportunity for church members to introduce them to the local church.

👉 Add some Christian Fall Yard Stakes to your Yard

Yard decorations during the Halloween season, become quite scary looking. Want to put a Christian Halloween Ideas spin on it? Add some Christian Fall Yard Stakes to your own yard. You could even make your own!

👉 Go Bobbing for Scripture!

My final idea for my top 15 Christian Halloween ideas, is to go bobbing for scripture! Are you wondering what that possibly could be?! Have you ever done the classic apple bob in a pool of water? What about doing a bob with scriptures? You can get creative with this, but the easiest way is to get some rubber ducks and write scripture on the bottom. The 5 Solas would work well for this too.

You could even laminate the printable scripture cards and put those in the pool of water!

homelesschristian

View Profile
🤔🤔 should christians celebrate halloween ❓❓🎃🎭
Posted : 13 Oct, 2023 08:52 AM

Very good observations bro David and soon I will post ways Christians celebrate Halloween and share the good news of Jesus Christ ‼️

homelesschristian

View Profile
🤔🤔 should christians celebrate halloween ❓❓🎃🎭
Posted : 11 Oct, 2023 03:02 PM

the answer is simple: Yes and No. Let’s look at the negative first.

the Christian is not to be involved with or support the occult. witchcraft, demonism, or any other thing that uplifts the occult. To do so is to contradict God’s word, dabble in the demonic, and invite judgment from God. If a Halloween celebration is centered on demons, devils, spirits, etc., I would say don’t have anything to do with it.

On the other hand, it isn’t wrong to dress up in a costume and go door-to-door saying “Trick or Treat.” Provided that the costume isn’t demonic, I can’t see anything wrong with this. It’s just fun for the kids.

Take a look at the Christmas tree. It was originally an ancient fertility symbol. Yet, it has become a representation of Christmas and the place where gifts are placed. Are the Christians then paying homage to an ancient pagan fertility god? Not at all. They do not consider it pagan and are simply joining in a cultural event and giving no honor to anything unscriptural.

Think about this. In the Bible in 1 Cor. 10:23-33, Paul speaks about meat sacrificed to idols. This meat was often sold in the meat market; and the question arose, “Should a Christian eat such meat?”

Paul said in verse 25, “Eat anything that is sold in the meat market, without asking questions for conscience’ sake.” This is most interesting. He says it is okay to eat the meat bought in the market place even though that meat may have been sacrificed to idols.

Then in verses 28-29 he says, “But if anyone should say to you, ‘This is meat sacrificed to idols,’ do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, and for conscience’ sake; 29 I mean not your own conscience, but the other man’s; for why is my freedom judged by another’s conscience?” (NASB). Paul is saying that if you find out the meat was sacrificed to idols, don’t eat it–not because of you but because of the other person. In other words, eating that meat won’t affect you. But, it may affect the attitude of another who does not understand the freedom the Christian has in Christ.

Is it any different with Halloween (or Christmas)? No. Even though Halloween has pagan origins and because of your freedom in Christ, you and/or your kids can dress up in costumes and go door-to-door and just have fun. However, if you are not comfortable with doing this, then you should not. If you know of a person who would be hindered by doing it, then you shouldn’t either

homelesschristian

View Profile
Is the Holy Spirit an IT or a PERSON?
Posted : 27 Sep, 2023 04:29 PM

🙄🙄 That's right bro David unfortunately a lot of people don't know the KJV is loaded with errors. 🌽 they would spell it beaches and cream if they could get away with it

homelesschristian

View Profile
Is the Holy Spirit an IT or a PERSON?
Posted : 26 Sep, 2023 11:16 AM

bro david 🙂🙂 this is always a good question

In John 16:7 Jesus Christ said he is going to send a helper

3875. paraklétos ►

Strong's Concordance

paraklétos: called to one's aid

Original Word: παράκλητος, ου, ὁ

Part of Speech: Noun, 👉👉 Masculine

Transliteration: paraklétos

Phonetic Spelling: (par-ak'-lay-tos)

Definition: called to one's aid

Usage: (a) an advocate, intercessor, (b) a consoler, comforter, helper, (c) Paraclete

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14