Author Thread
Vivere

View Profile
Middle of the road
Posted : 14 Jan, 2012 09:04 AM

I don�t know if this will help, but something that helped me was reading a story called All of Us Need To Belong by Billy Mills (who was �an Oglala Sioux Indian, and won the gold medal for the 10,000-meter race in the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo�).

In his short story he talks about how his mother was �three-quarters French and one-quarter Indian� and his father was a Lakota (Sioux)�. Mills explains that because of this when he was a boy-- living in poverty and a mother who died when he was very young-- the �white people didn�t want� him, and his Lakota classmates said �the only thing worse than a Wasicu (white man) is an Ieska (half blood)." He recalls thinking he wished he was either one thing or the other.�

And the advice his dad gave him was so remarkable, I highlighted it right there in the book. His dad said, �It is possible to walk in two worlds, with one spirit.�

His dad died not long after from a stroke, and he went through bereavement and depression, but through this he developed a passion for running�which led him to be the gold medal winner 13 years later.

His dad�s advice, �walk in two worlds, with one spirit�, really stood out to me. Everyone is on a journey-a physical journey and a spiritual journey simultaneously. And knowing that you are walking home, or that (in relation to Salvation) you are home already�that you found the answers spiritually, and you are walking towards them�gives you piece that you are just as accepted and just as known and just as loved in the other road, the not so certain road of life.

I have friends who are total opposites, and when I'm with different friends, certain parts of my character comes out. But this does not bother me, because all the diversity makes sense on some higher level. At least God understands it! lol

One day you are going to find someone who loves you for you, BC. And you are already loved, while being perfectly understood, by Jesus.

Vivere

View Profile
So why are guys so weird?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 10:10 PM

lol

Vivere

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 04:30 PM

Thank you DevotedLove.

I think its promiscuous for an individual to divulge that information.

When girls who are, do-- sometimes it means they're trying to get attention. And that is a sure way to get attention--from creeps, albeit.

Vivere

View Profile
So why are guys so weird?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2012 09:45 PM

Just kidding, lol.

Vivere

View Profile
Why do girls buy so many shoes?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2012 09:33 PM

peer-pressure.

Vivere

View Profile
Praise Him for your roses, thank him for your thorns.
Posted : 14 Dec, 2011 03:49 AM

That's beautiful!

Vivere

View Profile
Just passed the 5month-a-versery...
Posted : 13 Dec, 2011 05:24 PM

Hey,

YOur post was too long for me to read, but, from reading the headline I found that you found a special someone. That's awesome! God bless and keep up the good work. :D

Vivere

View Profile
Winks
Posted : 13 Dec, 2011 11:35 AM

It does seem sometimes like people are looking for females to entertain them.

Vivere

View Profile
Winks
Posted : 13 Dec, 2011 11:34 AM

I've received some winks, winked back and they didn't respond. bah. Maybe I'm lazy but I feel the man is supposed to do the hard work of empathic empathy and suchlike instead of waiting for me to correspond, respond, reflect. I don't know, seems like alot of work. lol

Vivere

View Profile
Finish the sentence....
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 06:40 AM

1. buy a snickers bar

2. a hamburger

3. pet a cat

4. hang out with the girls

5. get my nails done

6. find a really captivating book

7. talk to the people I love whether on the phone or in person

Page : 1 2 3 4 5