Author Thread
Manscottell

View Profile
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FEARING GOD AND BEING AFRAID OF GOD
Posted : 14 Feb, 2012 06:09 AM

AFRAID OF GOD:

Exodus 20:18-20 The Children of Israel were afraid of God but they don't fear God. They asked Moses

19 "Speak to us yourself and we will listen, but let not God speak to us, lest we die".

20. Moses told them "Do not be afraid, for God has come in order to test you, in order that the fear of Him may remain in you, so that you may not sin".

When we are in SIN, we are afraid to stand in God's presence, Adam and Eve hide themselves from God after they sinned.

People that are afraid of God cannot obey, submit or walk according to the will of God, the children of Israel perished in the desert because they disobeyed God, they followed their intelligence and perished.

FEAR: means cowardly, terrified, anxious or respect.

1. To fear God is to stand in awe, to RESPECT HIS Might.

2. To understand the consequences of certain actions and avoid them.

Example The wages of sin is death. When we understand the consequences of sin, then we will avoid sinning. To obey God. Jesus said If you love Me you will obey My commandment.

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fear is not perfected in love".

Love motivates us to choose to live our lives for God. The right kind of love will cast out the wrong kind of fear.

The fear of the Lord is the begining of Wisdom, when we fall in love with Christ we obey, submit and walk according to His will.

It is a Holy fear, not being a coward, or terrified, or anxious but RESPECT

Manscottell

View Profile
MINISTERS OF MUSIC: CLERGY SET TO MUSIC
Posted : 14 Feb, 2012 05:12 AM

We must read THE BOOK and not books or articles for revelation of God's Wisdom.

We believe the word of men but doubt the WORD OF GOD.Nobody knows God but the Spirit of God.

We will find God when we search for Him with all your heart, body and Soul not by others helping us to search for Him.

Manscottell

View Profile
Are You Really Ready?... Submission, The Secret of A Successful Marriage
Posted : 13 Feb, 2012 09:49 AM

Correction>

Nobody likes to submit or obey another person but when the wife understands that she is not submitting to the Husband but to God, because God said so, it will be easier for her to swallow.

Manscottell

View Profile
Are You Really Ready?... Submission, The Secret of A Successful Marriage
Posted : 13 Feb, 2012 09:17 AM

A succesful marriage requires the Husband and wife to know what their calling and resposibilities are in a marriage under the ordinance of God,

Nobody likes to submlit or obey another person but when the wife realises that she is not submitting to the Husband but to God's authority it will easier to swallow.

Manscottell

View Profile
CAN WE WIN SOULS FOR CHRIST WITH OUR BEHAVIOURS ON THIS FORUM?
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 05:09 PM

Elisha,

your intension is right but by now you should see that your assupmtion mioght be wrong. Not everybody that called themselves Christians are saved.

That is why Jesus said not everybody that call me Lord Lord will enter the Kingdom of God, but the ones that does the will of His father.

We all need each other to help each other out, to give others what we have.

Do you think because this is a Christian centre everybody is saved? If so all church goers will be in heaven, but the saved ones are those walk, talk and love like the word teaches.

I don't judge or condemned people if the debate gets too heated I just pray for my brothers and sisters, only the Holy spirit, the spirit of truth that can reveal the truth to us all,

He is the teacher, we are all disciples of Christ, we are His all work in progress, We can debate in love,not all of us are strong willed and we might pressure the weak ones amongst us to quit. Godbless you.

Manscottell

View Profile
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 02:49 PM

PassedOverInChrist,

Pray foe and I will be praying for you. Have a blessed weekend, my brother.

Manscottell

View Profile
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 01:33 PM

PassedOverInChrist,

The most effective Gospel that you can preach is how you live your life according to the word of God.

By their fruit you will know them, you are a good witness not just by your word but by the way you live the word of God

Be doers not just heares only, You are suppose to produce friut , a fruitless tree is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Are you a good brother, are you a good neighbour, when you are then your behaviour glorifies God and saves soul. There is no pride in Christ, Humility is Christ.

Manscottell

View Profile
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 08:05 AM

Elisha,

what is the purpose of following Christ is to be Christlike to give others the gift that we are given. If you are not here to win souls that is your decision, I am not in any position to judge or condemned you, but whatever our reason is for being here must reflect the love of Christ because we are Christ disciples. Blessings my sister.

Manscottell

View Profile
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 05:42 AM

Passed OverInChrist,

Answer the question posted please,

Let me refrace it again.

Is your behaviour attracting unbelievers to Christ or is it driving them away from Christ?.

Manscottell

View Profile
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 03:35 AM

Donna,

Pride is a demonic Spirit, Humility is Christ. We can agree to disagree because we are learning from each other, we can correct each other IN THE LOVE OF CHRIST because our own love is emotional Christianity is not about emotions but faith.

If we can all pray more, love more, be patient more, endure more, serve more, the Spirit of God is the teacher not you or me and He will open up our understanding and reveal the truth to us regardless of who it is coming from.God has no denomination but ONE BODY

God cannot use people that are full of themseves but those that are filled with the Holy Spirit, he will plant all His gift in us and as those gift of the Spirit grows, our faith in the Word grows.We will be able to see from a spiritual eye not from the world's eyes or intelligence but wisdom

The word of God stand on HIS OWN, we don't have to argue or defend the truth, it causes confusion, all we need to do is pray for each other and carry each others burden, that is the Love of Christ, God is love and His love conquers all. Godless you.

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13