Author Thread
okiekansas777

View Profile
War Room
Posted : 18 Oct, 2018 08:51 AM

Yes I've seen the movie. I wish I had extra space for a prayer closet. I bought a bulletin board so I can post daily prayers.

okiekansas777

View Profile
Could you please let me
Posted : 18 Oct, 2018 08:48 AM

Revelation is an important part of the Bible too.

okiekansas777

View Profile
To Girls: Would you date a fat guy?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 11:45 AM

There is more to a person than their weight, height, color of skin, and if the person is "disabled".

I am a widow. My husband's weight went up and down. He went blind and then renal failure.

I wonder if you ask because you're not sure how someone would react to you.

okiekansas777

View Profile
Could you please let me
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 11:32 AM

What you think of my profile. Am I just not interesting? Are my pictures alright? I only ask as I've been a member here for a long time.

okiekansas777

View Profile
Why do guys use this greeting?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 11:29 AM

I totally agree. Most of them are romance scammers looking to intice you into their web. Sounds like another great deceiver from the Bible

okiekansas777

View Profile
So many emails no response!
Posted : 14 Apr, 2018 03:54 PM

It's the short posts and the email that just says hi or great pictures.

okiekansas777

View Profile
Grief sucks
Posted : 4 Nov, 2015 05:57 AM

It is almost that season again. Not only the holidays coming up, but the anniversary of my husband's suicide. He lost his battle to his disease I tell people which is true.

He had diabetes and didn't take care of himself.

He waited late in life to go to college to become a teacher. His very first teaching position he went blind. He was so angry at God and I guess even me. He went off to blind school and there met an 18 yr old girl he was going to leave me for. Told our middle daughter he was going to divorce me on her birthday. All I could do was pray for him. Well I wasn't alone in praying for him.

He said "you and your yapping prayer friends are at it again... praying for me." This brought him home to me.

We ended up moving across Kansas for him to return to college to be trained in something he could do, but this is when he went into renal failure. He felt like his life was over. I think the dialysis was no longer working and he had little time left. Because he made a confession, I had to place him in a nursing home. We still are not sure how he managed to hang himself in the closet as he had trouble walking (had a stroke). I say he died 4 days in a roll.

First day he hung himself and they revived him and was placed on life support. he would take an auto breath so he wasn't brain dead.

Second day the auto breath stopped, but they waited until the next day to call me as we were 50 miles away and they wanted to know if I wanted to be there when they declared him died.

Third day was Nov 24, 2011 Thanksgiving Day and I was in his room as they went through several tests to declare him dead. This took around an hour. They unplugged him and called the time of death. However he was an organ donor so it didn't end here as they turned the machine back on to keep the organs viable.

Fourth day they harvested what they could and he was finally sent on to the M.E. for autopsy.

The next summer the ripple affect was still going on in our youngest daughter's life. She became withdrawn and I being so caught up in my grif, didn't see the signs until almost too late. She was plotting suicide and I had to send her to a mental hospital. She still struggles with it all.

I do well most days, but I have noticed the depression has hit yet again.

okiekansas777

View Profile
Is there hope here (part 1)
Posted : 4 Nov, 2015 05:39 AM

I have actually talked with real people on here so there is hope. Do you go to the live chat? This is where most of the people go that are talkative.

I am in a relationship at this time. I don't know if he will ever move here and yes I know this guy personally....like 33 yrs. we dated 10 yrs. I broke up with him when I got saved. Then met my husband, we were married 19 yrs before he died. I can't believe we hit it off again, but he became a Christian during the time I was married.

The thing is we get lonely and sometimes desperate. Keep praying and yes keep hope you will meet someone.

God bless you both......okiekansas aka Christina from Kansas

okiekansas777

View Profile
Is there hope here (part 1)
Posted : 4 Nov, 2015 05:39 AM

I have actually talked with real people on here so there is hope. Do you go to the live chat? This is where most of the people go that are talkative.

I am in a relationship at this time. I don't know if he will ever move here and yes I know this guy personally....like 33 yrs. we dated 10 yrs. I broke up with him when I got saved. Then met my husband, we were married 19 yrs before he died. I can't believe we hit it off again, but he became a Christian during the time I was married.

The thing is we get lonely and sometimes desperate. Keep praying and yes keep hope you will meet someone.

God bless you both......okiekansas aka Christina from Kansas

okiekansas777

View Profile
Found and Lost
Posted : 4 Nov, 2015 05:28 AM

Bruce,

Most likely this was a person that is a Romance Scammer from Nigeria or one of those countries and not even guaranteed that it was a female. How do I know? It happened to me. I will say this site has been one of the quickest to finding deceivers in our midst.

I pray you never sent money to this person. I know the guy I talked to supposedly lived 50 miles from me and yet knew my money was tight so I wouldn't be rushing to go meet him. The day I got the chance to go there, all of a sudden he was on a plane heading to England. He never got a penny from me, but was trying to get me to receive mail forward to me from "his place" It was a financial scam of another type.....credit card fraud. I didn't except any packages after the first arrived and I returned that one.

I could share more but then I may be giving away too much public info.

okiekansas

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6