Author Thread
okiekansas777

View Profile
Have you heard of Tim Hawkins?
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 05:26 PM

I love Tim Hawkins and can watch all his videos over and over again. I like his parody songs as well.

Have you heard of Taylor Mason? You need to look him up on youtube as well.

okiekansas777

View Profile
Christian Metal:
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 05:24 PM

Skillet and Thousand foot krutch

okiekansas777

View Profile
Song You Have on Repeat at the moment
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 05:22 PM

"Be somebody" Thousand foot kructh

"Forgiveness" Matthew West

"Good times", "Halo", "Music", "Walls", "Blue" all by Manic Drive

"Afterlife" and "Dark Horses" Switchfoot

okiekansas777

View Profile
Best of 2012
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 05:18 PM

Winter Jam is awesome event that happens every year. 10 Christian bands/artists for $ 10 at the door.

This year there is Toby Mac, Red, Chris August, Group 1 Crew, Newsong and 5 other peeps I can't think of off the top of my head.

okiekansas777

View Profile
49 and listens to today's Christian alternative music
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 05:14 PM

I love music ever since I was a kid. I remember getting so excited when my mom bought me my first 45's for Christmas one year. Then she took me to see my first concert>>>David Cassidy from the Partridge Family. <<<I was so in love with him...giggle.

Now I am listening to such groups as:

Third Day Toby Mac

Switchfoot Thousand foot krutch

KJ52 Chris Tomlin

Mercyme Manic Drive

Family Force 5 dcTalk

Newsboys Skillet

Kutless Barowlowgirl

Flyleaf Red

Fee The Fray

Manafest Tenth Ave North

As you can see my taste is current and I love to go to the concerts as well. I listen to a Christian radio station called air1.com. And yes I blast my music loud when going down the road:rocknroll:

So am I the only 49 year old out here that loves music like this? What are some of your favorites and what Christian radio station do you listen to? :yay:

okiekansas777

View Profile
So you think you know who you are talking to is really who they say they are.....
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 04:58 PM

On line dating is relatively new to me, but I do know that there are those who pose to be one thing and are not.

Welcome to scammer school 101.

1) yes they will ask you for money on the pretense of

a) being stuck in a foreign country because....robbed, can't cash a check, the ATM ate their card....you get the picture.

b) they can't a checking account and want you to share your banking info to deposit money into OR they want you to open a new account in your name to deposit money into (money laundering)

c) they are working on a project and ran out of funds to finish it, but once they do it will sell for lots of money

2) they will try to draw you into their job or organization

a) a job is starting but can't get back in time to get their mail, will you allow their mail to be delivered there.

b) have you receive packages that need to be signed for and then reshipped out to another location (often this is stolen credit card bought items you are sending along)

c) use your address or name to sit up dummy credit card accounts or charge items and have it sent to you for billing purposes

So those are a few things that I know they will try to work on you.

Some can speak very good English, but it might be slightly off.

They don't like to answer questions that require too much thought, such as tell me about the place you live at. If it is a cut and paste from the internet most likely it is someone who has never been there. That or they have poor skills in communication.

They no longer can provide current photos, for example they tell you they are traveling, but no photos of them in that place.

Guys don't assume the woman you are talking to is actually a woman. Most of these scammers will pose as both men and women to get whatever they are after.

I will post more as I am still learning more and more. Please feel free to jump in with things you may have experieced and what ideas you may have on this. :purpleangel:

We are fighting the good fight of faith.....:boxing:

okiekansas777

View Profile
Waiting for the right man
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 09:43 AM

Oh my this is so goooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!:applause:

okiekansas777

View Profile
What do girls want?
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 09:30 AM

I can only speak for myself of course.

I want a man to look beyond my looks. I don't think I look bad, but I know I need to lose weight and am trying to do so. Also I am disabled so I need a man to love me when I am limited in certain things.

I already have children so I would want the man in my life to love my almost grown kids. To fit into my crazy loving family.

And I hope it goes without saying I need a man to be the head of the house like Christ is head of the church. To protect and take care of us. I don't want to always be the bad guy or have to carry on a conversation or make all the decisions, however I would like to be included in decisions out of respect instead of just doing it.

okiekansas777

View Profile
Winks?
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 09:19 AM

A wink to me is like saying hello, we may have some things in common. I might wink back or try to ask a couple of questions or write a thought that occurred when I read their profile.

So I guess I view winks differently.

okiekansas777

View Profile
The question all men hate to answer
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 09:08 AM

Why ask if something makes you look fat when you already know that by medical terms you are obese. Ugh...I just really want to know if the outfit looks nice on me so I don't ask those loaded questions.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6