Author Thread
really_54

View Profile
Have you been CONDEMMNED by others as having an "UNBIBLICAL DIVORCE" ?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2012 08:47 AM

Singer4u: "Those that got rid of their earthly husband and married another can't remarry their first husband and neither can they their heavenly husband."

What does God actually say on this matter? "They say, 'If a man divorces his wife, and she goes from him and become another man's, may he return to her again?' Would not the land be greatly polluted? But you have played the harlot with many lovers; yet return to Me," says the Lord.

"Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say: 'Return backsliding Israel,' says the Lord; I will not cause My anger to fall on you. For I am merciful,' says the Lord; I will not remain angry forever. Only acknowledge your iniquity, that you have transgressed against the Lord your God, and have scattered your charms to alien deities under every green tree, and have not obeyed my voice,' says the Lord.

"Return, O backsliding children," says the Lord; for I am married to you" (Jeremiah 3:1-3, 14).

Notice in the beginning of this passage the words, "They say." This quote is what others (man) say on the subject. But what does God say? "Return to Me"

Singer, you made the claim that someone who is guilty of committing spiritual or physical adultery cannot return to their heavenly husband (God) or their earthly husband (original spouse). That is not what God says. "Return, O backsliding children," says the Lord; for I am married to you" (Jeremiah 3:14)

What sets God apart from man is that God is merciful to the adulterer, while man is not.

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Can dating sites find you a mate?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2012 07:43 AM

Is the long-distant communication of dating sites working for you?

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
CHEMISTRY... what is it?... and... is it important?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2012 07:37 AM

Are there others who like to weigh in on the topic of: CHEMISTRY... what is it?... and... is it important?

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Sharing your past...when is the right time?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2012 07:34 AM

Are there others with an opinion about sharing your past with someone that you are interested in?

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 08:16 PM

Thank you dtroftheking for taking the time to share with us your good advice: "What would Jesus have us do and what does God think..."

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 20 Jun, 2012 08:42 PM

Thank you again teach ib for sharing with us the Word of God... and the more the better! :angel:

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 20 Jun, 2012 10:10 AM

Singer4u says "paul, I have no doubt in the effacy (I think you meant effectiveness) of the blood of Yahushua and He can save to the uttermost. I believe we are secure in "Him" as long as we are a branch connected to the vine (Messiah)"

I am in complete agreement with your statement. Having a relationship with Jesus is what its all about. I do know all the scriptures that speak of someone falling away from the Lord. and being unable to renew them again to repentance. And I have no problem with those scriptures. But let us not forget the encouraging words that follow Hebrews 6:4-8.

"But beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner" (Hebrews 6:9)

Paul does NOT dwell on losing your salvation, and nether should you, but encourages the brethren that a true Christian shows "better things" (obvious fruits of the Spirit) that they have a real relationship with Jesus. Yes, I have seen people walk away from the Lord. But I am not their judge and neither are you. And if we are going to be honest, Singer, then we need to admit that we are all guilty of disobeying Christ and sinning. YET God offers all of us forgiveness:

"If You, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared" (Psalm 130:3-4).

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John1:9).

Teach ib has rightfully shared the truths of God's Word that a believer CAN KNOW that they are secure in Jesus. That a believer does not have to live in fear that they will suddenly lose their salvation at any moment, at any time.

"Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise (that's us) the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have STRONG CONSOLATION, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us. This HOPE we have as an ANCHOR of the soul, both SURE and STEADFAST, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek" (Hebrews 6:17-20).

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 19 Jun, 2012 11:42 PM

Thank you again teach ib for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share the Word of God and your thoughts. And thank you for your encouraging words to me. Your posts have inspired me to search deeper into the Word of God. I am reposting your thoughts and some additional scriptures on works:

"Obedience to the law/commandments cannot merit/earn salvation...nor does it keep us saved, however, it is evidence that we have received the gift of God, eternal life through Jesus Christ. Adherence to the commandments (although not a requirement for salvation) keeps in a good relationship with our Heavenly Father. Just like obeying the rule our parents establish keeps us on good terms with them."

How true. When we start adding works to either earn or keep our salvation, we are contradicting God's Word:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works lest anyone should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

"For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.

"For what does the scripture say? 'Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.'

"Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

"But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

"just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

"'Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin'" (Romans 4: 2-8).

"Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

"But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

"even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

"being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:20-24).

"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

"But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not!

"For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

"For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

"I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain" ( Galatians 2:16-21).

"O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?" (Galatians 3:1).

Paul had some strong words for those believers who once trusted in God's grace for salvation, but were now adding the works of the law to keep their salvation. If any of you readers are sitting under the teachings of such false doctrine, free yourself from (as Paul put it) those who have "bewitched you." Those who teach such false doctrines are not rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

"Therefore let it be known to you brethren, that through this Man (Jesus) is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses" (Acts 13:38-39).

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 19 Jun, 2012 11:21 PM

Thank you teach ib . . .your post is worth another encore:

Salvation is either freely offered by God's grace and freely received as a gift because of Christ's blood sacrifice -- or else salvation is conditional and works are a necessary part of salvation. If salvation is conditional, one lives in fear of sinning. If salvation is unconditional, one chooses not to sin to please the Heavenly Father.

Romans8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2 Timothy 1:7-14

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Salvation is a gift, not a reward. (AMEN)

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 19 Jun, 2012 11:17 PM

Singer4u says, "In fact paul I believe your doctrine of once saved always saved to be in error because I don't believe we have a license to sin."

I have GOOD NEWS for you Singer. I don't believe we have a license to sin either and NEITHER does teach ib and we have both made that perfectly clear on this thread. And just because some have used that doctrine as an excuse for sin, does not mean that we cannot know that we are secure in Jesus. The Bible is full of scriptures that give us assurance that we are secure in Christ.

If teach ib is willing, she can post all those scriptures again, but they are already posted on this thread.

Now consider how many other doctrines have been taken to extremes: "Faith ". . ."blab it and grab it" . . ."confess it and possess it" . . ."Christians should never be sick" . . ."Christians should always live in prosperity". Should we throw out faith in a Christian's life because it has been misused?

And neither should we ignore the truth of God's Word about being secure in Jesus. We are not talking here about living willfully in sin. We are talking about God's promise of security: "For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you. So we may boldly say: 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?'" (Hebrews 13: 5b-6). In this world of uncertainty where the stock market could crash tomorrow, or one lose their job, God has given us precious promises that He is with us no matter what we are facing.

When a Christian lives in fear that they may lose their salvation at any moment he sins, then he does not understand his salvation. We are saved by grace alone and kept by grace alone, and we will stand before God on Judgment Day, not in our own righteousness, but solely in the righteousness of Christ that is given to us as a gift.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any one should boast" (Ephesians 2: 8-9).

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love" (1 John 4:17-18).

Blessings,

Paul

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14