Author Thread
Elisa

View Profile
Au Naturale?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 04:20 PM

Well gentlemen, you have totally surprised me. Thrilled, but surprised.

Elisa

View Profile
Free computer advice!
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 05:57 PM

Two,

My Droid and I have been having some issues. However, bestbuy has been absolutely wonderful about helping me with it. I take the phone in and say, these are the problems. HELP! The phone dept. does. There is also a free apkiller that makes all the difference in the world to battery life and to speed.

Good Luck.

Elisa

View Profile
Dating Dollars
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 05:06 PM

Good point Cobbler. I had forgotten about doing that. Is a lot of fun.

Elisa

View Profile
Weddings: who pays?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 04:31 AM

Hi there,

Interesting question. Hmmmm. Before I graduated from college, my parents would have paid. Knowing my mom, and our financial circumstances, she would have helped make it as nice as possible, but the whole thing would have cost way under a thousand dollars.

Today, with my mother retired and widowed, I would ask for her help, but not financially. She has finite funds and has given me a career. Her part there is done.

If we stayed home for a traditional wedding, I would expect the traditional rules to apply. However, if we decided to travel somewhere, the groom will be helping out.

Elisa

View Profile
Bikinis win!!!
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 11:16 PM

So do you like my pink bikini or blue bikini better?

Please check them out at the site below:

http://www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh/images/04/catsummer.htm

Ok, I just couldn't resist posting the catkinis.

Elisa

View Profile
Honoring Parents
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 10:53 PM

Katie,

When I told my parents I was quitting my job to become an unpaid missionary, they pretty much lost it. They had sacrificed so much to send me to college to prepare me for a career. My going was unthinkable. It didn't help that they could not support me and I was not going with a large organization....just my church. Each month, people would put money in the offering plate in an envelope with my name on it. There was no guarantee of anything. When I got to the country, I had almost 5 dollars in my pocket.

As parents, they were looking out for me. However, God had set me a task to do. As God showed and continued to show His will, they witnessed my struggles. One of the best things for my survival and sanity was them getting a computer and internet access. Before leaving the country, I taught them how to email, instant message, and voice chat. With snail mail taking weeks and sometimes months, my parents would have been basket cases. However, I made a commitment to log on two evenings a week at set times. My commitment to keep them in the loop and ensure they knew how I was doing and was safe really eased the tensions.

Our parents love us. They want to protect us. Grin, and that isn't all bad. Sometimes it is stifling and infuriating, but it really does have benefits.

Honoring parents and showing them respect does not mean acquiescing to every demand. It does mean listening respectfully and taking what they say into consideration. From the sound of your posting, you love your parents a lot and do not want to hurt them. Share that with them. Let them see your love as well as your respect. You may be surprised at what happens.

Elisa

View Profile
Exercise/healthy living section
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 10:40 PM

Violakat, let's do it. New year, new resolutions.

Elisa

View Profile
How true is it?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 10:37 PM

So before anybody gets their fur up or their feathers in a knot.....I am in this with the rest.

Anyoldwho......thinking we need a dating and pets section. Or I suppose it could be courting and critters (gotta love alliteration). The analogies have been delightful and spot on.

Elisa

View Profile
How true is it?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 10:37 PM

So before anybody gets their fur up or their feathers in a knot.....I am in this with the rest.

Anyoldwho......thinking we need a dating and pets section. Or I suppose it could be courting and critters (gotta love alliteration). The analogies have been delightful and spot on.

Elisa

View Profile
Clothing and self respect
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 09:52 PM

Thanks Chevy.

And in response to the clothing, I still agree ladies should dress modestly. Although, modesty is also geographic in my humble opinion. What I wear to work will be quite different from the beach. While I once did flirt with the idea of putting a skirt on a skin suit (don't ask), I much prefer a plain old swimming suit and will NOT wear one of those wool dresses the women of yesteryear used to endure.

And as for the clothing, 90 to nothing the better the bait, the more you catch. The pics that make guys look and then initiate contact, well, enough said. Shrug, tis life. Then again, you catch the fish you bait the hook for. So, back to mixed blessings.

Page : 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18