Author Thread
1mountain

View Profile
how do you keep on looking?
Posted : 8 Mar, 2015 11:13 PM

Right on Grr agree with you on this. The most important thing to remember about that despairing of finding the right one is a passing mood. I too was about to delete this profile last fall.

For a couple of weeks I despaired of finding someone to talk with. A week or so after the mood passed a gal contacted me extremely interested in me, even though I didn't think it would work out. She and I still occasionally chat. Yes nothing came of it but it showed me there are no signs or times to look for, that it often happens when least expected.

The last gal I dated should have been enough proof of that to me. My ex fiance had left me 5 days before, and I was still very much hurting from that. I walked into a coffee shop and had barely seated myself when a gal I had felt extremely drawn to when I walked past her came to my table to introduce herself and say she had to speak with me. Within days she and I felt a more intense love for each other than either of us had ever felt before. However after a couple of weeks she too broke up with me because she was leaving the country for home. However the experience taught me that the unexpected times (and sometimes the inconvenient ones) are often when you find love.

1mountain

View Profile
Have you already met them?
Posted : 8 Mar, 2015 11:00 PM

The female ones tend to follow a different profile than these guys you mentioned, the first difference is they're usually younger. I will say however I have actually encountered more on other dating sites than here. Although I do agree they tend to fall ridiculously quickly there's at least one genuine person that did as well, so just because of that isn't a reason to dismiss someone as a scammer by itself.

1mountain

View Profile
trust
Posted : 8 Mar, 2015 10:48 PM

I couldn't disagree more Covenant it is unilaterally given by the trusting party. Once lost it can never be earned again, the only thing that can restore it is the trusting person deciding to give it once more. Much like respect and love there is nothing that can earn it.

All my life I have at times attempted to earn the respect of my father. All my life he has belittled my accomplishments and rare indeed are the times he has admired a single thing I have done. I could build a space capsule and fly to Mars or discover cold fusion and he would find ways to pick fault with my accomplishments. No matter what I do that might earn respect falls on blind eyes and deaf ears, and until he decides to give respect he won't respect me.

Trust is a recognition of love in a way. If you know another loves you you trust them to do what's best for you. If you know God loves you, in that state of giving trust you are looking forward for what new good gift God has in store, not looking forward awaiting the next calamity in store. 'for if you in your imperfect state would not if your child asked for a fish, give him a snake; how much more perfect is God in giving out blessings?'

1mountain

View Profile
Conversation on CDFF
Posted : 8 Mar, 2015 10:37 PM

If I did that it would be because I was never interested from the start. Being very picky and having a lot of requirements leaves me with very few to consider to start with. Some gals don't read my profile before trying to start conversation though and I think assume I'm interested when I wouldn't be.

Others didn't read my profile and think they could tolerate me lol and my eccentricities even though in reading their profile I know they couldn't. I would suggest that a lot of times it comes down to that. I was talking with a gal for a couple of weeks one time, and things were going great. Suddenly I get a message from her, 'oh please tell me you're joking about smoking and drinking' which is one of the first things I mention on my profile. For her it was horrifying, and took her by surprise because even though she viewed me she hadn't read that.

Either that or they run out of things to talk about. Most of all with the 'hey how are you doing' kind of messages. If I don't know what to say in reply to a message, I'll put off replying because I can't think of what to say. If I put off replying long enough then I'll often forget to reply at all. If you're really into a guy and the conversation dies, start it up again with something off topic and interesting.

1mountain

View Profile
Novel Interpretation Of Revalation
Posted : 5 Mar, 2015 11:29 PM

The last part of the interpretation (possibly). John 21:18-23

Peter was grieved because he asked him the third time, "�Do you have affection for me?�" He said to him, �Lord, you know everything. You know that I have affection for you.� Jesus said to him, "�Feed my sheep. " 18 "Most certainly I tell you, when you were young, you dressed yourself, and walked where you wanted to. But when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will dress you, and carry you where you don�t want to go.�" 19 Now he said this, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. When he had said this, he said to him, "�Follow me.�" 20 Then Peter, turning around, saw a disciple following. This was the disciple whom Jesus sincerely loved, the one who had also leaned on Jesus� breast at the supper and asked, �Lord, who is going to betray You?� 21 Peter seeing him, said to Jesus, �Lord, what about this man?� 22 Jesus said to him, "�If I desire that he stay until I come, what is that to you? You follow me.�" 23 This saying therefore went out among the brothers, * that this disciple wouldn�t die. Yet Jesus didn�t say to him that he wouldn�t die, but, "�If I desire that he stay until I come, what is that to you?�"

Many people have trouble figuring out what Jesus meant here. I offer a radically simple interpretation. John remained on earth in his deceased body until 1400-1500AD. In other words, he died a natural death and was buried and remained on earth until the general resurrection that took place between 1400 and 1500. The reason for this is the rest of the apostles were martyred and therefore were part of the 144.000 who were resurrected sometime in the 300s, but John not being martyred 'remained until the Lord came' here on earth, and was resurrected with all the rest of the normal souls.

1mountain

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2015 11:14 PM

Oh I see what book now. I did read it with spiritual guideance, believe me. I even said to John before I opened it, "I'm going to take you as literally as possible, if you say a year I'll count a year, if you say a thousand I'll count a thousand" Who better to ask for help than the author who had the vision after all?

1mountain

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2015 11:08 PM

What book? Don't know what you're talking about. Also protestants don't have heresy, but they hold heretical beliefs. Not trying to be offensive about that, but as far as I know all protestant denominations hold some belief or many which have been condemned as heresy by the Orthodox and Roman churches.

My suggested dates actually line up almost perfectly with John Foxe's (1516-1587) who wrote Foxe's Book Of Martyrs. If anyone has read it he spells it all out with great precision. Whether he knew what his words implied or not I'm not sure yet but how he could have missed it I don't know. He even seems to go out of his way to use words that imply the millennial peace, the sealing of the martyrs, and the ancient serpent's return.

In The Story of Constantine chapter he ends it with the next to last page being titled 'a thousand years of peace'. "Constantine so established the peace of the Church, that for the space of a thousand years we read of no set persecution against the Christians, unto the time of John Wykliffe." Thus the thousand years of the serpent being sealed in the pit he makes pretty solid reference to.

He then from that point on takes the protestant side of every argument. To say he was a cheerleader for Wyckliffe is an underestimation. The next chapter was extremely inaptly named John Wyckliffe, The Morning Star Of The Reformation. I say inaptly named because the devil was also called the morning star. In the chapter on Wyckliffe, and the following one on Jan Huss we can clearly see the devil's work sowing division in the Church, working both popes against popes and the clergy against the clergy and pope and cardinals against those who claim a private revalation and believers in general.

This seems to be a relatively short lived thing though, as the major divisions and troubles only seem to last a hundred years. The seeds of division continue to grow of course but the troubles in the Church do die down again, or at least the apparent active agitation subsides. The pope continues in his all too human corruption, and the people continue to grow away from him, and the gulfs in between the churches continue to grow at a slower rate.

I would from Foxe's own work suggest the foundation of then new earth and the creation of a heaven (heaven cannot scripturally exist until the end of Revalation's prophecy when the new heaven and new earth are made) took place somewhere around 1500AD, give or take a couple decades. The peace of the church and the resurrection of the 144,000 martyrs who reigned with Christ for a thousand years took place shortly after Constantine's vision of the cross which caused him to credit Jesus for his victory over the emperor who persecuted the Christians severely, around 312AD. Thus the serpent was sealed from shortly after 312 to 1312 or shortly after, then roamed the earth from some time after 1312 to 1400-1500. This probably means the prophecy of him going and surrounding the 'camp of the saints' was probably not any earthly city or battle either, because the saints were in the throne room of God ruling with Jesus.

1mountain

View Profile
Sabbath 2/28/15 Daytona SDB Church Pastor Wray sermon �Unshackled�
Posted : 5 Mar, 2015 01:42 AM

Good point Blondie one still shackling themselves to the Jewish sabbath. By the way folks YES the sabbath has always been Saturday. However, let me ask you one simple question. Can you eat, praise, dance and sing joyful praises to the Lord on the sabbath and still follow the order to rest? Of course not!

The Christian worship day has ALWAYS been on Sunday because of the Jewish converts who still wanted to rest on the sabbath the day before. Thus the non-jewish converts would meet with the jewish converts and dance and sing and feast to Jesus on Sunday, which has always been the Lord's day.

1mountain

View Profile
Posted : 1 Mar, 2015 11:07 PM

From what I can tell Preterism has never been deemed heretiucal. It does not mention this in the wiki article that I can tell. It also wasn't wholesale dismissed by my priest when I brought it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preterism

Also from what I can tell my complete timeline is very different than those others have come up with perhaps. I am not suggesting AD 70 or any time near there as the date of the first resurrection, rather closer to AD 300 or perhaps even after. There were a lot of martyrs required to complete the 144,000 to be sure even though there were so many falling to the lions. There will be more to come on this and a better idea of timing of prophetic events but for now let me leave you with a thought.

The idea of heaven cannot be proven in the bible, in fact it doesn't seem to be possible to exist until the end of Revalation. Thus the only destination for a soul is to death or hell, and they would have to remain dead until the resurrection. I believe heaven and purgatory (somewhat like in The Great Divorce, CS Lewis) exists so I have even personal reasons to think so.

1mountain

View Profile
Posted : 24 Feb, 2015 01:34 AM

No I haven't read the book, sounds very interesting. I try to never be dogmatic about any interpretations of things, and reserve belief for the most important parts of the faith. Leaves me with an open mind to think on other ideas.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10