Author Thread: How to Find People on this site
silver761

View Profile
History
How to Find People on this site
Posted : 8 May, 2024 07:59 PM

There are several ways to find people on this site. One of them is the Advanced Search which lets you specify a bunch of details, and then hopefully it gives you a list... But due to the limited resources and this being a free site, the search results are intentionally short. If you want to see more matches, you have to change the search location. You can enter a different city and zip code to see who is available a bit farther away from you. But the problem is you might find someone who looks really good, and then you message them but they are not online ever. Their message box is overflowing with thousands of messages from all over the world. And then they log in one day to see they have 999 unread messages. And guess what. Yours might be message #49 in the list. That means she has to scroll down that far to reach your message. This is why it's ineffective. As a free user, you cannot see who is online. unless you go to the "Online Now" or "Online Today" menu. If you go there, you will see real people who are really online, so if you send them a message, chances are they will see you and may say something back. But if you use the Advanced Search feature, you're a bit less likely to find a real person. You might find someone who was active a year ago and hasn't checked into the site since then. But you don't know that. You send a message, and this person might not even get an email notification when you send a message. So, it's almost like playing the lottery when you send a message. It may or may not be read. And sometimes, you send it to a real person, but she is busy so she decides to delete all messages. Then yours gets deleted, but if you are a free user you won't know that your message was deleted or read or deleted without being read. But I think, you are most likely to find a real person if you message one of those who are online now or online today. Chances are they will see your message and respond. If not, send the message again and again until they respond!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2024 10:09 PM

Like you say, it's like playing the lottery.

Whether you go Advanced Search or Online Now, it is like playing the lottery. And when someone writes "hi" that is like the lottery too. Chances are they may not have even read what you write in your profile, but they send a hi or a wink. The blogs have more sincerity. But most don't come on here. When you give out your regular e-address, people quickly ask for money and the correspondences don't last long. So it is all like the lottery.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2024 06:36 AM

Often our popularity is with the fakes.

If the fakes did not write us, who would write us?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2024 06:52 AM

Christian Women like Christian Men here. Most Women choose Men who are compatible. Not men who seem to Complain about not finding a Woman.

:)

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2024 07:17 AM

We are the lucky ones!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2024 07:18 AM

I don't know if the people who write me are men or women.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2024 07:24 AM

How can you tell on the internet?

But on these blogs, I trust that the men are men and the women are women.

But in my inbox, I make no assumptions of gender. More are opportunists. Most that message are soon banned. I don't know if they are male or female. Pretenders are pretenders. Some line their pockets scamming others. They want moneygrams and gift cards and gas money and rent money and you never see them, but they ask.

So, the blogs here are as good as it gets for most us. We get healthy discussion. Often unhealthy as well.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2024 08:09 AM

Most Men from USA are genuine especially the Paid members. I have messaged many and few responses with nice conversations here. Forums are Toxic here because of insults.

I guess they put Bots on for you Men to meet. lol

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2024 11:05 AM

I find clicking on my matches and logging on at a time when most people are home from work quite effective…:-)

Teeh100

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2024 01:23 PM

Great advice