Author Thread: casual nudity with friends/swimming...
DarrelT

View Profile
History
casual nudity with friends/swimming...
Posted : 13 Jul, 2010 04:38 PM

hi this is kinda along the topic of the bikini post but i didn't want to just reply to that one... the last couple times i've gone swimming with a lady friend of mine we have decided to go bare. There were no sexual feelings and it was nice to just be free... we even swam up on a couple that was doing the same thing and had a nice hello and carried on swimming. There was no tention or arousal so my question to all of you is should we stay clothed and modest or should we just be free the way God created us in the first place?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2010 09:03 PM

lol..."down to earth"....I'd rather be up in heaven. Sad thing is, maybe you're superstrongman that can handle anything....but everyone isn't. You should probably keep this kind of stuff to yourself so people who aren't as strong as you don't get sucked into sin. Oops. Too late. Anyway, when....I mean...if...you get married, lemme know so I can make friends with your wife and take her swimming. Don't worry, we'll just be down to earth and everything:nahnah::ROFL:. J/k.:ribbit:

:peace::peace:

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 12:50 PM

Swimming naked.... with a friend.... and nothing happened.

Well that is too bad!

Maybe you get more lucky next time Daryll:ROFL::ROFL::peace::peace::nahnah::nahnah::nahnah:

oh and can you pass me the salt please

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 12:52 PM

Oeps I totally mis-spelled your name. Sorry no offense

:excited:

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 12:55 PM

Oeps part II

I confused you with an other member. Sorry. Just disregard my post as it probably does not mean anything to you.

Sorry again and again

Have a nice day

:rolleyes:

DarrelT

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 03:15 PM

hahaha... it's all good. truth be told i would love to do stuff with her but that has nothing to do with hanging out nude... and just because we're both nude doesn't make it that much more tempting or easily done...

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2010 12:11 PM

Even though it is legal in some countries in Europe. I do not feel it is right. I am not being uptight, just carefull. if what we do would make somebody stumble then do not do it.

In the bikini post I said about the same thing. As a christian we are to be wise.:peace: Flee the appearance of evil.:prayingm: I went out of my way to be gentle here.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2010 03:31 AM

I have gone to nudist colonies for many years and I have never seen anyone behave inappropriately

It's a whole different kind of energy

It's a very freeing feeling.

I think it's between u and God, as was said earlier, the Holy Spirit will convict us.

However, if there was some strong chemistry going on with a date I would not even consider it.

DarrelT

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2010 10:44 PM

thats cool betsy... i just actually came back from the nude beach and for the first time was just surrounded by people i didn't know. Like you said it's a whole different feeling... i mean i was walking up to people and people were walking up to me just talking like normal it was an awesome time and i got alot of meditation in cause it was so relaxing. Too bad i'm too white to stay in the sun for more than just a couple hours though...lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2010 05:26 PM

I just have to ask....is this a joke? I am really wondering and hoping maybe this whole post was just a joke....

Biblically speaking, this behavior is completely contrary to the Word of God. Just in reading the initial posts and replies I wonder how does this honor God? And it's not coming from a legalistic standpoint....this behavior is in no way in accordance with modesty, purity, and holiness.

As Christian brothers and sisters we have a responsibility to hold each other accountable......

I read that "nothing happened" and there was no temptation....the Bible says to flee sexual temptation.....and to be careful if you think you are standing, lest you fall into temptation. Also, what about "keeping the marriage bed undefiled"? This verse isn't referring just to the technicality of not having premarital or extramarital sex....it's referring to keeping yourself pure and saving yourself for your spouse emotionally/physically/etc.

What about avoiding the appearance of evil?

So my question is to those who believe this is ok is what if your pastor came over while you were swimming naked with someone of the opposite sex? How would you feel? What would he say? Would he (or she) approve of this behavior or think it's acceptable? It seems as though this careless attitude towards casual nudity reflects a lack of a scriptural foundation, as well as a lack of accountability.

I do not know any man or woman of God who is walking and living a life of integrity and honor who would agree that this behavior is acceptable. My encouragement is to search the Scriptures and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you the Truth about this subject and this behavior....He is more than willing if we *really* want to listen and obey.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2010 05:49 PM

Also....on the whole debate/argument over whether we should be "free to be as God created us" and how God made us beautiful, etc. and we shouldn't be ashamed of our bodies.....

When Adam and Eve were in the garden, they were naked and they "felt no shame". However, when original sin entered in (when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) *then* they saw that they were naked and "they were ashamed". They tried to cover themselves and hide from God....God then made coverings for them (this is all paraphrased, obviously, see the book of Genesis).

So what do we make of all this? yes, God created us to live WITHOUT shame....but we live in a fallen world. Throughout the Bible it talks about purity, modesty, and behaviors which are contrary to this (lewdness, sexual immorality, and shamelessness).

God does not want us to be ashamed of our bodies, however, just like sex, God has established specific parameters in which we are to share, enjoy, and celebrate our body in it's "natural" state (nakedness). And God has set this, in conjunction with premarital sex (really any kind of behavior that stimulates sexual desire) to be enjoyed within a marriage relationship. (See Song of Solomon).

There is difference between being "ashamed" and having "no shame".

Granted these terms are relative to context. As it relates to this discussion/topic God does not want us to be "ashamed" of our bodies. However, he does not want us to be "without shame".....or in a place where we have hardened our hearts to sin, the convictions of the Holy Spirit or having a concious that has been "seared by a hot iron" (see the book of 2Peter also 1 Timothy chapter 4).

I speak this out of love....for it is the Truth. Be blessed :nicenurse:

Page : 1 2 3 4