Author Thread: What is the right response to wink?
Admin

What is the right response to wink?
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 04:12 AM

IMHO, I find winks confusing. I am not a huge fan of it.

I just feel like the guy is either too shy or too lazy to send a message. Eitherway, I don't know how to respond to it. Yes, I do peek at my winkers' profiles and it's sad sometimes, because though they seem nice, I just can't stop thinking that maybe they're too timid or just plain lazy. Hence, I end up not responding. Who wants a timid/lazy guy anyways?

I am just wondering if my thoughts about winks are valid.

Why do guys send winks? What do they expect out of it?

deblives4him

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2014 06:26 AM

LOL! Love your answer Flyby! Funny, I was a card carrying NOW member is the 70's, but as I mature & God has renewed my mind, I see that we should celebrate the external differences between men & women. I love it that men have that hunter-gatherer thing going on! I had been damaged in childhood, & didn't get the nesting thing until I was nearly 30. Now I see that feminism has done more to hurt women than to help them!

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2014 12:11 PM

http://cheezburger.com/8339695616 :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2014 08:06 PM

:laugh: I actually opened the link...lol...very true though...

Thanks for all your input. So here's what I gathered from all your reply.

1. I'm not crazy for thinking that winks are confusing :-P and,

2. ...Ok, I'll reply a wink with a wink just as a courtesy.

And about favorites, as for me, I just don't assume anything out of it. This is a very populated website, so I guess "bookmarking" is a very good feature.

Therefore, whoever added us to their faves list, it must be probably because they want to utilize this feature of this website. With regard to their reason why we were chosen to be their favorite, there may or may not be any reasons at all. They could have just clicked the favorites button by accident.

Bottom line, no assumption whatsoever. For me favorites don't mean anything. But unlike winks, I do not have to add them back as a courtesy ;)

Wild_erness

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Oct, 2014 08:02 PM

I have as my first sentence in my profile my distaste for winks, and when I do receive a wink, I dismiss it, because I know that if a guy actually reads the first sentence of my profile, they would know how much I don't like them and that I will not respond to them . . . therefore if they didn't take the time to even look at my profile, then I shouldn't have to take the time to write them a message or pay them any attention at all . . . as the OP mentioned, that makes me think they are lazy. It is just my way of weeding out the ones that are lazy :)

I also mention that any sort of question, no matter how random it is will be answered!

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Oct, 2014 09:29 PM

Well said, Wild_erness :glow:

awakened84

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2014 12:28 PM

I don't send wink ever

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2014 08:48 PM

There should be more guys like u @awakened :-)

Dannyroc

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2014 12:35 AM

Maybe it is a little selfish to expect a message.... why? Because of how many profiles are on here are essentially dead, no life to be found there?

Thats exactly what I found when I first arrived here.... I was wasting too much time writing messages that never even got read.

People start of conversations "in the real" world with a smile or hello, if the other person does not reciprocate, there is no need to go further, a WINK is the same thing as a hello or a smile.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2014 06:32 PM

So I guess the question now is, do u get more replies from winks or from sending actual messages that say "hi."

As for me, it's more likely that I'd reply to a "hi" message.

algomaboy

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2014 06:42 PM

Is not a good thing too flirt? wink- tease a lady.

Page : 1 2 3 4