Author Thread: Age requirements?
Mattya

View Profile
History
Age requirements?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 12:42 AM

Sometimes I see someone who looks like a good match for me and then I cannot message them because they have their profile set so only people aged 24-26 can contact them. I run into many profiles with very specific age requirements like that and wonder why they would not even consider talking to some who is age 23 or 27. I understand wanting to date someone who is close to your age, but what is the reasoning for strict requirements?

View Profile
History
Age requirements?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 03:47 PM

That's a good question. As most here, I set my requirements when inituially signing on to the site ~ and made them for the age range I'm most comfortable with dating.

Since then have considered that someone may want to contact me regarding something entirely different ~ yet I don't know how to change my settings. Just not very 'computer literate' this girl :)

Anyone care to suggest how we can alter our settings to include 'any'?

spri1458

View Profile
History
Age requirements?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 04:34 PM

You can click on 'Mail Setting' near the top of this website in the light blue bar and change the age from 18 to 99 if you want anybody to be able to send you a message.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Age requirements?
Posted : 8 Jan, 2009 06:22 PM

I know what you mean. I randomly found this guy that I wanted to contact because he is attending the same college I graduated from and going for the same degree. I just wanted to say hello and tell him that if he needed help choosing his classes or picking good teachers that I could help. Mainly just to recommend good classes, since I have been through it.

Well his requirements only went to 24 and I'm 25 so I couldn't. But that's okay.

When I was thinking about what ages to pick to allow people to contact me, I extended the youngest & oldest age by a couple of years just to have a wider range.

hesformeareyou

View Profile
History
Age requirements?
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 11:08 AM

Just from my past experience I would prefer not to date a younger guy because they seem very immature to me. My ex was 7 years older than me and we had a lot of differences just because of our ages. That's why I have age restrictions on my settings.

View Profile
History
Age requirements?
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 08:44 PM

Sometimes I see someone who looks like a good match for me and then I cannot message them because they have their profile set so only people aged 24-26 can contact them. I run into many profiles with very specific age requirements like that and wonder why they would not even consider talking to some who is age 23 or 27. I understand wanting to date someone who is close to your age, but what is the reasoning for strict requirements?

Try using the chat forum to tell them you would like to chat or email them maybe that will help. Of course don�t forget to put a special topic just with there user name and who is interested in them who knows that may get their attention it�s romantic too. Spice it up use your imagination it�s what its there for. Good luck let me know if this is good with you and it helps.bluereyes

View Profile
History
Age requirements?
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 03:06 PM

I have age requirements because I dislike getting a lot of messages from people who are way older than me or way younger than me. For me I want to date someone who is in my range of life because I believe that they will match me most when it comes to where we are at in our lives. With my age, people who are younger than me are usually extremely different in maturity and also in not knowing what they want in their lives.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Age requirements?
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 06:42 PM

I'm sure there are plenty from too high expectations to moral to it being too much of a bother.

I keep mine within a thirteen-year range, younger and older, going no lower than twenty-years old because the Bible states that this is the age in which someone becomes an adult. Maybe thirteen is too much, but I use it because thirteen, in Hebrew, means "super-full" or "super-complete". I've also heard, though not sure, that thirteen means "love" in Hebrew.