Author Thread: First date
Admin

First date
Posted : 5 Sep, 2011 11:00 PM

Well, I just had my first date weekend. First date with this woman and first date in over 30 years. We've been writing each other on CDFF for over 5 months. This was our first time to meet face to face. I'm 57 years old. I had been married for 30 years. From filing to finalized, my divorce took 2 years. I've been divorced for 15 months.

It sure has been a long trip. From the shock of learning about the divorce, going thru the panic of the unknown future, wondering if I'd ever be part of a couple again, worrying about bankruptcy and foreclosure, wondering if I'd ever be desired again, praying I'd find someone with a lot of compatibilities, would anyone be willing to put up with me, the disbelief when a search didn't turn up a Southern Baptist woman who didn't drink or smoke within 250 miles of where I live, then getting in contact online with someone who kept responding to my letters. We wrote about our beliefs, problems in our lives and our hopes for the future. We traded letters of prayers, prayers for each other and our children. Finally we were going to meet.

Then it started to happen. I started worrying about actually meeting her. Where did that nervousness about meeting come from? Wait - I'm older! I wasn't nervous, I was apprehensive though! And she was coming for two nights and three days. Where to take her? What to show her?

Honestly - it seemed like our meeting really wasn't going to happen, like she wasn't a real person - and the fact we were planning to meet didn't seem real. Finally the day was here. It was a busy day at work for me. I wasn't accustomed to having to hurry through my job because I had somewhere to meet. I grinned a lot at work that day! Finally I was at her motel to meet her. (Deep breath) 'Hello', a quick hug then we were on our way. 48 hours later she was on her way home. It was a long 48 hours. There was soooo much good during that time!!!

About two hours after meeting her, just after sunset, I took her to the premiere parking spot in my area. Slick, suave and sophisticated I am not. I doused any romantic thoughts by telling a story about taking my daughter up there one day and she found empty beer bottles and a used condom. After that story we left to go eat supper. Several hours later, at a public park, we did share 'the first kiss' (the first in over 30 years for me). In earlier letters the first kiss had been mentioned so after the kiss I gave her a pen and a 'report card'. I got a 'Perfect!". (yyYess!!! I still got it!!)

We went to church, we prayed, we ate out, we rode around and I spent to much time as her 'tour director'. It was Labor Day Weekend and 'everything' was closed. Add a tropical storm passing through and that did away with going to outdoor parks. I wasn't prepared with places where we could go sit in comfortable seats and talk. We spent a lot of time sitting in the car and I could tell it wasn't really her favorite spot. We talked, we had difficulties, we worked through those and kept talking. We went to an indoor flea market. Just before she was to leave I took her back to the premiere parking spot and played 'Across The Miles' by Aaron Jeoffrey. It was amazing how that song fit us! We talked, we prayed - and her leaving was delayed. One hour, two hours - finally she was on the road to her house and I returned to my house. Strange how empty the house felt now! She hadn't been to my house but she had so filled my life the last 48 hours that now I felt lonely!

Yes, a long 48 hours! Lots of words were shared, lots of memories created, lots of emotions stirred. Wow! What a weekend! What a blessed weekend.

bamakodaker

seriouslyone

View Profile
History
First date
Posted : 15 Oct, 2011 06:02 PM

Happy for the two of you, God Bless. Gives me hope that I may find such a friend. I'm a widow, four yrs, and was married for many yrs. (29+) and a little nervous. I tried this site last year, thought I was ready but wasn't so gave it up. Time to give it try again. If it's God Wil,l I will find that someone special.

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
History
First date
Posted : 18 Oct, 2011 06:40 AM

I loved your story too, thanks so much for both sharing it with us. God bless you!

View Profile
History
First date
Posted : 26 Jan, 2012 10:01 PM

I'm new here, and boy is it refreshing to see a story like this! Putting God first, caring about purity in the relationship, what an encouragement in a world that is so full of hurt from straying from our creator! Peace!

View Profile
History
First date
Posted : 26 Jan, 2012 10:02 PM

I'm new here, and boy is it refreshing to see a story like this! Putting God first, caring about purity in the relationship, what an encouragement in a world that is so full of hurt from straying from our creator! Peace!

Page : 1 2