Author Thread: Something Wrong With My Profile?
VigorousBird

View Profile
History
Something Wrong With My Profile?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2011 04:06 PM

I have revised my profile probably a hundred times and changed a lot of pictures, but I have no idea why not many have come up to me. Are they afraid that I'm too good for them or not good enough for them or what? I contacted half of the women to pursue them (as any man would do first) on here and most of them are quiet. Whatever the case, I need advice on better photos and better profile revision. I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2011 09:34 PM

hey i think bro as long as you put your real face in it and you wearing something nice like on a date that will do fantastically by its self with out the extra flare.. hope that helps buddy

walk in the light...

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2011 09:34 PM

hey i think bro as long as you put your real face in it and you wearing something nice like on a date that will do fantastically by its self with out the extra flare.. hope that helps buddy

walk in the light...

Vivere

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2011 06:02 PM

Hi VBird,

I just want to say i don't think there's anything wrong with your profile. Online dating is not a 100% success guaranteed venture. The best way is always sans computer, in real life. But if CDFF brings a smile to your face at all, than its worth it.

Just be YOU and someone will love you for it. Don't say what you know others want to hear..be You! Celebrate the you in you that no one else has.

Whenever I try and play the ape or the parrot it doesn't work out. So I stopped trying to be a at best second rate someone else when I could be a first rate me.

Just be you... and once you're You successfully, forget about yourself. The law of attraction, I think is opposite to nature, "nature abhors a vacuum", attraction loves it. Just forget yourself. and Be yourself. :)

And don't expect appraisal or acknowledgment..sincerely take interest in others without thinking about how they could fill your need.. it'll make you happy. So yeah, I used to try and be something I wasn't but nobody wants a "counterfeit coin", be yourself. Take hints when people are not interested. But have friendly interests, and care about all even if they are not attractive to you.

There's a difference between grabbing and caring, and grabbing people are scary. I'm not saying you're like that. All I'm saying is, good luck and focus on others in a kind sincere, prudent way, and remember that statistically online success is not 100% guaranteed. Try and get to know people sans computer. And like I said before, if CDFF brings a smile to your face, than it is worth it. God bless!

rhead81

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2011 08:33 AM

@vigorousbird: hi! i think your profile is nice and very well written. I don't think it wont catch any attention to woman members here. Some reasons that they dont respond is

1.) the one you might have written are not an active member of this site.

2.) pictures might be too decorated (try to place a picture with not too much background editing, just a natural one) :glow:

3.) You havent found your match yet..

4. The one you were interested arent looking on the same level as you are.

rhead81

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2011 08:39 AM

Tips: 1. try to read their profile and mention some points on what they have written. by that they know you are reading their profile and not just copy / paste statement when you send emails.

2. Place a close up picture. dress properly.

2. be patient. Extend an extra time online. By that, your profile will be seen by many.

3. Just be you..

Julia

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2011 10:44 AM

nothing is wrong with your profile, but I do perfer a pic with less going on behind and around the person. I want to tell you this, most decent respectable women of all ages usually will not be the first to write anyone.

Most women think the guy should make the first move, so on dating site the first move would be a message from the guy to the gal. And please do not use the winks, they are cheesey and says I don't think you are worth the time it takes to come up with my own words to send to you. Do searches around your area, see what you find, then narrow down to who you feel led, write a few and see what happens.

bookwatcher

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2012 12:00 AM

nothing seems wrong with it. you seems perfectly acceptable though for me i find a guy cuddling with an animal in a candid shot always cute and attention getting since it shows a loving side.