Author Thread: A letter to all woman that are looking for a Godly man.
WretchedLaw

View Profile
History
A letter to all woman that are looking for a Godly man.
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 02:54 PM

I've been a casual member in CDFF for some time, never really instant messaging or emailing anyone. I was your typical looker (I was just looking what was out there), however in these few days I have actually talk to several ladies. My first inclination into writing to a lady was her description of what she was looking for in her mate. Most of the women that I responded to are looking for Godly men. In my perspective I was highly qualify since I consider myself a mature spiritual Christian. I read my bible deeply (getting into the Greek etc.), I pray, I worship thru street evangelism and have a ministry with under privilege kids. However, as a mature Christian I saw a trend on these ladies, they were looking for that Godly man, but they were treating me as they would a regular Joe. For example, one lady started asking me about my past sexual life (which I think it can be disguised in a mature manner), yet she wanted details. And when I refuse to get into the topic deeper, she accused me of being false or still doing the things of the past. Another occasion this lady (also looking for a godly man) wanted to play emotional games, for example she wanted me to tell her that I love her and when I told her that I did love her as a child of Christ, she started trying to manipulate me by threating not to talk 2 me anymore. So all this drama brings me to this topic; if a lady asks for a Godly man she must know what she is asking for. A godly man knows the tricks of the flesh and if that godly man doesn�t submits his sexual thoughts they would submerse him into sin. Also the happiness or fulfillment of a godly man is not based on a woman but it is based on Jesus Christ, so that godly man is prepared to let go of all that hinders his walk with Christ. Sadly that might even include you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 10:37 AM

I'm just curious, Wretched Law ... why did you choose "WretchedLaw" as your username? What were your thoughts and motivations in choosing this particular username? What does "WretchedLaw" have do with your life and lifestyle that you decided to choose it over a more romantic and inviting Christian dating site name to attract a woman of God to become one of God's blessings in your life?

I chose "BarefootGuyToLove" as my username because THAT'S exactly who and what I am: a guy who loves to go barefoot as much as is possible for a physically-challenged guy who needs to walk around with crutches in this heaven and earth (mostly at home) and I am a man of God worthy of a woman of God's love, who will love her as Christ loves the church and lead her in marriage in loving God, growing in Christ-likeness, and sharingGod's heart and our hearts with others in service to God, representing Him as He's taught and continues teaching us He is through the Holy Spirit.

Love,

Your Brother in Christ,

Steve

PeterStuff

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 12:16 PM

WretchedLaw's post is really spot on. I may not say that i've attained wat you have, but i have a similar experience although not here.

I was in a certain forum (not a dating site,) where there was this chic whom a forumer described as "hot hot." This chic would many a time defend her faith. It happened that she had a crush on me and so she sent me a PM. I encouraged her. When we were chatting, i asked her wat her values were, and she said that she had "conservative christian values."

The next thing i knew, she was talking about sex and stuff - not in an honourable way. wen i resisted, she said that i was simply not her type and i just didn't turn her own.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Conservative christian values indeed:goofball:

PeterStuff

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 12:18 PM

i just didn't turn her on.

Vivere

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2011 04:04 AM

I actually agree with Wretched Law's post. :yay: A man or woman is what their actions show them to be, not what they say they are.

I for one don't claim to be a saint. just a sinner saved through the blood of Jesus. I do believe too that Jesus came not to condemn the world, but to save it. :) But I agree that some people are not as saintly as they claim themselves to be.

faithink1

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2011 08:28 PM

hi im new here and am thankful that i can finally post reply woo hoo lol .

i think it does have to be considered that some people are christian in title only. meaning they were raised with it but haven't yet accepted Christ in their lives. its simply something that they grew up with. also another thing to consider is there are many believers who are still lead and mislead by the world. i have also encounters some people that felt that they had better chances if they find a christian mate even though they themselves are not christian.

i had gotten to know a few men ( not here, or on a site ) that were either wrapped up in the world and/ or were just raised with the christian title. one of whom was the son of a pastor, who after one date wanted me to decide weather i wanted to be with him or not. and the longest he would wait before having sex was two weeks. yet i wasn't a bit surprised as i watched his lifestyle quickly unfold on the first date.

it is pretty easy to determine weather someone is a sister/brother in Christ, or not. i have learned that once i have established that they were not, its best to simply not entertain them any more. i know it sounds a bit harsh, but in my experience, when i have doubted my own judgment on this, i would end up getting burned.

i am very happy to see some godly men here, that's awesome :rocknroll: there is much to be said for men who can resist temptation and put the lord first

aalleexx

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2011 11:18 AM

Women or men..

There is no difference, there are just a lot of fake believers out there!

I know its sad but its the way the world goes.. We have to keep our eyes wide open, and with our lives make the difference in this world.

Blessings to you all :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2011 07:20 PM

This is exactly what I've been thinking about lately. It is so difficult to come across a truly Godly man. I'll start chatting with a guy, and he will bring up the sex topic. Immediately, I am turned off. I think, "Why does every guy I talk to bring up the subject of sex?". I just take it as a red flag that he's not the one. I much rather talk to a guy that is respectful of me and himself as well. I like a guy that can have an intelligent conversation and wants to get to know me for who I am.

EverythingMe

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2011 11:58 PM

I think it's become just a title and/or front for most. It's sad but they way things are going now. We just have to guard our hearts and be led by our father to discern and have wisdom to see who doesn't abide by what they speak.

Truly sad the way things have become though, but it is true

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2011 12:46 PM

We need to be careful these days. There are many church-goers today than real christians (though there is nothing like a real christian; it is either you are one or not). All what we need to d is to be closer to the Lord more than anything else. It is not only in marital relationship that this is concerned, business relationship and any other relationship matter should be discussed with the Lord before we get into it.

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2011 06:00 PM

Even if there are young Christians out there who easily fall away from talking about godly topics to ungodly manipulative ones, there are still a lot of true mature Christian ladies and true gentlemen out there looking for genuine godly men & women for friendship or more. I have my share of knowing people, Christians who just fall short, another with �unchristian church� who is more Christian in his ways. I think how Christian we are is not only in our declaration but more in our actions day after day� the same way we know how someone is in how he/she talk on line day after day after day. Just rebuke the manipulative spirit if it comes out and in some way it may remind the other person...whatever...but I think we need not judge the person, she need help.

I am one weak Christian myself and I sure wish to meet a strong Godly man...or if God wills it, a weak one so we could grow strong together in our faith. :angel:

Page : 1 2