Author Thread: Filipinas are fond of Western guys
osol_letse

View Profile
History
Filipinas are fond of Western guys
Posted : 4 Jan, 2012 07:02 AM

Im just absorbing the thought that most filipinas are fond of westerners....i just want to know what you think about it..your posts are most welcome...

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2012 11:47 AM

I wonder if it'd be more accurate to say Filipinas would prefer a western lifestyle than person, especially as we can be petty, selfish and ungrateful...

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2012 03:20 PM

I dont know about that, dkj255. Most of the Filipinas I have spoken to would rather the man move to the Philippines than live in their future husbands country. Many see the West as an immoral cesspool and I happen to agree with them. For Filipinos in general, family is second only to God. Being away from their birth family is like losing an arm or a leg for them.

So, why are Filipinas fond of westerners? A number of reasons. First, alcoholism is rampant there. From what I hear, San Miguel beer and Tanduay Rum almost outsell softdrinks there. Domestic violent is also a very large problem. Westerners, for all our faults, tend to treat Filipinas much better and they know this. Most westerners that marry Filipinas do not force them to work, but have no problem if she wants to go to university or have a career.

There is also bone crushing poverty. A very large percentage of Filipino families survive on only a bowl of rice and maybe some fish per day, if they are lucky. The govt there is brutally corrupt. There is virtually no middle class. You are either rich or poor.

The reason so many Western men look for Filipinas is because they are what Western women were 100 years ago. Most are devout Christians who are very family oriented.

There are more reasons, but it would take a book to list them all.

How do I know all this? My uncle married a woman from Lapu-lapu.

Captainplanet

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Feb, 2012 05:59 PM

They are cultural and wonderful women on here, and in real life. I have never met one that doesn't Love God. Great women.

osol_letse

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2012 08:34 PM

its good to know how people think about things...and i really thank all who share their perceptive thoughts on my post.

i want to point out Devotedandtrue' s point of view....he does have a first hand experience about Filipinos..He points out real situations and circumstances our people are going through...

its true that it needs a book to list other reasons behind our actions but he cited the most notable reasons why so.

i jz wish, even not all, that what he had posted would give light to others western men wrong perceptions about us..

thank you and have a good day/ night to all..

sharon

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2012 07:45 AM

Salamat for your kind words. Ingat.

caes4

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 02:19 AM

actually, it seems to me that philipino women are fond of anyone that live in first world countries.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 10:06 PM

Realistically, I can't see myself flying across an ocean for a first date, nor a girl doing the same for me.

reboquioEmz

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2012 01:25 AM

Generally,we have many reasons why we like a certain country or people. Sadly,sometimes we are only focusing on the negative,which fails us to see the positive..devotedandtruth's statement was partly true,and the situations he described can be seen also to some other other countries(if not all)..But the truth is Filipinos are overcomers! Because we(though not all) didn't deal alone on these negative situations,nor puts our hope on our political leaders when there is someone who is more than able-our Almighty God!

As part of a ministry,i had a chance to know people from different countries like,Canada,USA,Hongkong,Australia and some other. And they are all amazing! I had seen their passion in serving God and people especially the little children here.. Leaving away from a comfort zone,adjusting new envir�nment,and dealing with people and their culture are quiet difficult. But these are not hindrances for them to come in our place to play,laugh,hug,dance,eat,swim,and sing with us..They visits us every year. We love them so much! And kids can't wait to see them again..

reboquioEmz

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2012 01:51 AM

Let me correct devotedandtrue's statement that said:"For Filipinos in general,

family is second only to

God. Being away from their birth family is like losing an

arm or a leg for them"......generally,that is certainly not true! Because many of us especially in a ministry leaving away from our home and families just to tell others how God love them so much. Not to mention the persecutions and hardships we encountered it's all because we love God more than our families...

God is above all!

reboquioEmz

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2012 08:01 AM

caes4,

we can't deny the fact that there are some filipinas(meaning,not all) who are fond of what you called "first world countries" ,i want to let you know that many Filipina were travelling around the globe (some part in Europe,Cambodia,Laos,Taiwan,China,Cuba and many others,even to the unreached people) rendering service and sharing the Gospel...The bottom line is love,not just "fond of".

Page : 1 2