Author Thread: First email and introduction
CJGroove

View Profile
History
First email and introduction
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 02:57 PM

What would be a good first email and introduction when a man wants to chat with you? I am usually just upfront, short, and to the point. I usually just say that I would like to chat if you are interested. I used to go into longer emails and would rarely get an response. I still get little response even with the short ones.

I think it is rude and immature to not even respond at all.

What would grab your attention in the first email that would get you to respond?

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2009 05:40 AM

Talk about what is in 'her' profile that you find interesting, or may have in common. Even ask a question or two based on on what she's written there.

Based on what I've read of your profile, I don't think you'd make any mention of her appearance ~ but for anyone else who may read this...that wouldn't be a good thing to write about ~ least not 'til several emails later. Not even if you think she's drop dead gorgeous. Don't go into anything so superficial.

Of course you'd want to keep the first email fairly short.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2009 02:43 AM

How about saying hello. Are you interesting in making a new friend?

But, then again, I'm pretty blunt and straight forwad.

God Bless,

Elisa

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 05:00 PM

I don't like it when the person is too eager and wants immediately to talk on yahoo or something like that. This site was designed for talking, so why is it that so many want to move to something else? Are they afraid that the site is reading the messages? I'd also like it if a person first read the profile before messaging. It feels like an insult otherwise.