Author Thread: Do women only respond/view to who they consider hot/handsome?
CJGroove

View Profile
History
Do women only respond/view to who they consider hot/handsome?
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 03:09 PM

It seems so. Am I wrong?

If only we could see through God's eyes and look for the true beauty rather than the outward beauty.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 04:04 PM

CJ,

Hi, unfortunately there are many who are looking at the outward and it is sad. I believe that it is hard enough to find someone with the spiritual qualities that you desire, why would one limit themselves even more by having a laundry list of physical requirements? And no, women who are mature in their walk with the Lord are looking for something much deeper than a pretty face.

A very wise man that I know says that he has to see God in a woman and then he will find her beautiful. I feel the same way about a man. Our looks will fade, we will gain and lose weight etc. and all that remains is who we are on the inside and in Christ.

Blessings, Lydia

CJGroove

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 09:34 PM

Good reply. I feel that same.

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2009 05:38 PM

Not everyone does. I believe that God's greatest gifts to us often doesn't come in the package we expect. Just look at the many people, who over looked Jesus because he didn't come in the kingly manner they expected. That's why I've chosen to be open.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2009 02:40 AM

CJ,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Many women, and men, are superficial. We all know this. In this country, there is a standard for beauty that is extremely strict and specific. It is not that way in all places. One island in Belize, the girls are actually happy with their bodies. As long as they have Fanta bodies (what we call pear shaped) or Coca Cola bodies (we call those hour glass figures) it does not really matter if the bottle is a liter, 2 liters, or .5 liters. In essence, the girls are considered beautiful, and consider themselves beautiful, if they have one of these shapes. Size is rather irrelevent except in extreme cases.

In this country I am viewed unattractive by many. There, I am considered beautiful. Should my self-image be marred because I don't measure up to somebody else's standards? God made us in HIS image. While I will admit to many failings, I am HIS child as are you. Anyone who can't accept that...well, you can finish the sentence for yourself.

God Bless,

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2009 05:39 PM

'The perception of beauty is a moral test' - H.D THOREAU... juz think about it....

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 08:46 AM

In America, we live in a shaped society which defines what is ultimately good, and ultimately evil. It also defines what is ultimately beauty, and what is not, forgetting that man will look to the outward appearance while God looks to the heart. After all, it's illegal to talk about Jesus anywhere these days but in churches and the street corners. As long as we do not stand up for truth and righteousness and kick God out of the public schools and everywhere else, we'll always have a federal government that cannot tell the difference between right and wrong as it has no primer or basis to make those determinations. It's called a homocracy, where people basically govern themselves with a lot of unwarranted outside influence.

These days many have a false impression of what true beauty is.. there are magazines and tv shows there in place to program the mind, but again this fallen world has its gimmicks to lead you away from God.

I actually didn't put a picture up on my profile for a long time, and no one ever looked at it. It just gave me an idea of how many hearts have waxed cold to be so superficial.. no one stays looking 20 forever.. and I'd say if when you're 80 and you still find your wife to be the most beautiful, hot woman in the entire world that you've escaped the rampant subversion or decided not to let the world trick you into what true beauty is.

Looks fade and eventually end up back in the earth.. the heart and spirit are eternal; forever. Why bet on something that is guaranteed to disappear forever, never to be seen again over something eternal?

Have a great day y'all, God bless! :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 11:51 PM

Yeah, the hot, superficial girls tend to look for hot, superficial guys. Go figure.

Dave

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 04:52 PM

I was watching an episode of "House" the other day and to sum it up...he had been shot and was in a delusional state...part of that state was that he saw a beautiful woman with an average man and it stressed him out because it was illogical. He couldn't seem toget beyond it. Society has placed us on a number system and has programed us since birth. It seems like only those who truly think outside of the box can escape it because they look beyond the obvious. The women who think that way are going to respond to the posts w/o pictures. The question is...will you do the same?

Robin

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 05:18 PM

Robin,

You don't post as much as some, but when you do, it is always worth the wait. Great question, it made me do some soul searching.

Elisa,

Your posts as well are always thought provoking.

I remember the two of you from when I first joined here. I have always enjoyed both of your posts.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 04:38 AM

This works the same with both genders, and it doesn't necessarily indicate that it has anything to do with looks... other factors such as income (Jesus said He not only came to bring life, but life more abundant) or employment status, goals and desires in life, whether or not you have great insurance (very shallow, but I just recently had an encounter like this) and much much more.

When there is very little in a profile, and no picture whatsoever the last thing I think I'm expecting is a miracle or equally as important a great new friend on which a strong foundation is made. For me personally, I do not pursue women and usually send out a wink simply because I enjoyed the profile and/or pictures and it doesn't instantly mean I'm ready to buy a diamond. We're all different, God designed us that way, and we've all been raised differently where we perceive things differently.. relationships can be complicated, no doubt about it and it gets worse if someone cannot communicate effectively and openly for any reason.

When things get that way though.. meditate on Gods word and talk to the Lord.. set your focus on Him and pray. Some things are just not in God's perfect will and plan, and it shouldn't make anyone angry just because a reply isn't issued from someone who may not be ready yet to be exactly what you are looking for or hoping for.

God may be currently working on the woman/man as you read this to be the best friend/husband/wife/dad/mom you can be, all for His glory alone. Truly curious! :winksmile:

Page : 1 2