Author Thread: What is your deal breaker?
Admin

What is your deal breaker?
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 01:01 PM

Hi ladies,

I think this could be a fun discussion. What is the one thing that would cause you to not pursue a relationship with a man? I would prefer you not give a long list, but rather the one deal breaker that would cause you to drop him and look elsewhere. Other than posting stupid questions in the ask a lady section. LOL.

Love and grace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 02:30 PM

Hmmmm.....a deal breaker that the guy presents? I mean something other than God saying Run the other way.....fast!!? lol.

Behaving in a manner not to glorify God, blatantly. As we are His hands and feet and are to do that. To shine His light(and love) here. Subtley would have to be more than once. This is very subjective, I know. ANd is with our own subjectivity that we choose who we do....

Nother good 1 Leon!!

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 02:47 PM

Well, I only have a small laundry list... :excited:

1) If he's not a fully-believing Christian - not having God/Jesus/Holy Spirit as the center of his life.

2) Physically abusive - that's not acceptable and it would result in me having him arrested.

3) Verbally abusive - I'm not one to scream in someone's face or put them down, and I expect the same respect.

4) Playing games - I'm so done with that kind of stuff.

I don't think that's asking for too much.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 02:52 PM

Oops, sorry I read your post too fast originally. I gotta slow down.

My biggest deal breaker - is a guy not having his (Christian) faith as the center of his life.

---------------

Like everyone else has mentioned - it would be nice to be able to see at least the main/first post so you can remember what the question is... :goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 03:52 PM

Where is Lydia???... Leon needs to be under control, he thinks he's too cool asking such good questions:yay:

I think we ladies have about the same list. Well, I have broken a few deals since being on this board already. LOL

The guy must keep it moivng ...

(1) If He is presumptuous and presuming, and doesn't ask direct questions or express himself verbally.

(2) If He can't speak in depth about his personal relationship with the Lord or God's Word.

(3) If He has no conversation about general things of interest.

(4) If He doesn't have a good relationship with females in his family, then he will not know how to treat me...

:rolleyes::winksmile:

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 03:59 PM

Multiple choice out of my list?... #1. Not knowing or being able to express his love for the Lord Jesus Christ or the Word of God in all seriousness, in a personal realtionship

However, ALL the about would indeed be considered as important to me.:dancingp:

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 06:23 PM

Hello,

My absolute deal breaker is cheating. There would be no going back from that, and no apology good enough, over, done, bye. Trust is everything!

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 07:18 PM

Someone asking my measurements or weight. Especially within the first five minutes!!! I don't ask there's.....!

Robin

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 07:20 PM

I completely agree Lydia. I couldn't do it either. I can forgive, but I won't forget.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 07:23 PM

Oooh, that's a good one too Robin (you must have been writing while I was typing my last message)...

Any guy with any type of common sense better know that one. That is probably the fastest deal breaker there is.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 08:56 AM

Angel,

I had a guy ask my weight in the first email that he had sent me, when I first joined. I guess that he had no common sense. LOL

Blessiings, Lydia

Page : 1 2 3 4 5