Author Thread: What is your deal breaker?
Admin

What is your deal breaker?
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 01:01 PM

Hi ladies,

I think this could be a fun discussion. What is the one thing that would cause you to not pursue a relationship with a man? I would prefer you not give a long list, but rather the one deal breaker that would cause you to drop him and look elsewhere. Other than posting stupid questions in the ask a lady section. LOL.

Love and grace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 06:46 PM

Would only date a person who professed to be a Chrsitian. If through getting to know the person more, I had significant reason to question whether they even knew what being a Christian really meant ~ it would (and has been) a deal-breaker.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 10:08 PM

Well gee Smokeyprov....smoking ANYTHING? So that means setting off the fire alarm with the cooking is out?

Well, raw food is good. Supposed to be very healthy.:dancingp::eat:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 03:57 PM

Oh When I saw the title of this post I had to throw in:boxing:

My number one would have to be If I ask them if they believe in saving sex for marriage and they say yes Then I continue. If they say no, probably not, or anything but yes I move on.

From their I spend time with them checking out the fruit of their Christian LIFESTYLE.

But the sex before marriage is pretty much a tell all.:rocknroll:

blackbeltbruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 12:00 PM

Leon, you didn't ask for men to respond. You said, "Hi Ladies".

However, if you want my input, finding out that they really aren't saved would be my main deal breaker.

Lydia, would we know the man that asked you that in his first e-mail to you? LOL

Bruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 04:00 PM

Some great answers. Bruce, it wasn't me that asked Lydia that, you don't have to come after me.LOL. Just kidding. I think we have all been asked some strange questions.

When I had my original profile up, it said that I devote my whole life to serving God. I was talking to one woman, and she asked me, what do you do other than ministry? I almost fell out of my chair. I just told her nothing. Everything I do, I try to do for the glory of God. She quit writing after that.

Thanks for all the replies,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 04:15 PM

Bruce,

Hi, and no you would not know him as he does not post here. Could be that he has nothing much to say about his walk with the Lord, his profile was so self absorbed that there would be no time for anyone else. Sad really.

Blessings, Lydia

blackbeltbruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 12:09 AM

Leon, I so appreciate all of your comments and questions. I knew you would get my joke.

Lydia, I am so happy for both of you that God brought you together.

I added another picture and made it my main image. Does anyone think it's not current enough?

Back to subject:

I also think the sex before marriage question is a deal breaker. I recently told my 22 year niece, while she was standing there with her boyfriend, that sex before marriage is wrong no matter how old you are, and that goes for all of us.

Intimacy without committment has damaged a lot of relationship.

Ladies, you are worth waiting for and that will make it that much more special on the day that you join as one in front of God. It also sets a good example for immature Christians.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 11:58 AM

AMEN Bruce! Good word. We have to remember that we all set our own market value (Self worth) by our actions. We can hide them from others, but we all know the things we done. Every time we do something that we know we shouldn't, our value goes down in our own eyes. Others still look at us the same, but our own shame pulls us down...one little bit at a time. Be true to God, and you will be true to yourself at the same time. Don't compromise your principles just because you can't immediately find someone that conforms to them.

God bless,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 12:08 PM

my real deal breaker?... i got two :

1. if the guy's life doesnt correspond with what he says about his faith in God. In this case if he says he is a really christian and his way of living tells me the contrairy... Red flag!!

2. Game playing... I dont play games so that definitly a big red flag!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 12:50 PM

Genuine,

Welcome to the forums. I have enjoyed reading your posts. (Especially since you agree with me) LOL. Just kidding.

Blessings,

Leon

Page : 1 2 3 4 5