Author Thread: What kind of man do you want? Real or Wimp?
Admin

What kind of man do you want? Real or Wimp?
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 10:27 AM

I am asking this question at the request of a dear friend. Men, I want your opinion about the kind of man you want to be. I will start it off with my opinion.

Too many men today are worried about what others will think, or wanting to be politically correct. We have become a nation of wimps, afraid to stand up, or even state our real beliefs. I think God has enough wimps. And, (I may be wrong about this) I think our women have had enough of them, too.

I think they want a man to be a man, even if they don't agree with him. Men, REAL men, are different than women. we will not always agree on everything. But, you know what? If you are a man, and stand up for what you believe, you will be surprised at how quickly she becomes a woman. Why? Because NO ONE respects a wimp. Do you really think that woman respects you for always giving in? No! She does not, would you?

God doesn't need someone that is afraid to talk about Him because man's law says we are not allowed. When I am at the Post Office, or a school, or anywhere...I am going to talk about God. If anyone questions that, I ask if they know Jesus. They run, because they are afraid of a true believer. That is being a man. Come on men, be men for a change, you might just like it.

I know there are some real men on here, come on, back me up on this. You know you want to.

And for the sake of men everywhere, quit being scared to talk to a woman. Start off with winks. Make it a goal to send 5 every day until you get a response from someone you like. Then, write her. If you need help, email me. But quit being submissive, that is the woman's job, and she can do it much better than you.

In short, there is supposed to be a difference in men and women. Embrace those differences, enjoy them, applaud them. I love women, all of them. They are all a little different, but they share one common denominator, they WANT to be treated like a woman, I just wish we could say the same for all men.

Man up,

Leon

Silverstar777

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 12:23 AM

well said, thank you for saying that

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 02:51 AM

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. This is my bread and butter. I invite persecution to the table because it brings joy to my heart to know that I am being persecuted to be called a child of the most high king. People only hate Jesus because he pierces them with his radiant glory. And they are penetrated at their core. I can't wait to bow before our king. You know the most real man is our Father and He walked straight to the cross. Everything that makes a warrior is in our God. I am a man after Gods own heart that is where freedom lies. The reason there are no real men in our Generation is because people don't realize that there strength is nothing of themselves. But yet there they go trying and trying to do everything on there own, instead of being submissive in their hearts to the authority of our King Jesus Christ. What do we have if we gain the whole world and have not Christ.....Nothing. Ladies you are the most beautiful thing God could have done for the Man second to His beautiful and selfless sacrifice for us on the Cross, praise and honor be His forever. If you want a man follow the straight and narrow all of your days. In Christ is our power and freedom. Take care May God Be with you all.

blackbeltbruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 02:56 AM

Leon, thank you for your kind words. I have had a lot of great mentors, and "life lessons" along the way. I also try to learn from both the good and bad situations of others.

You are right, some women play upon the "knight in shining armor" in all of us men. I have seen marriages wrecked because proper guidelines were not followed.

After 9/11 and the loss of so many firefighters, many more households were torn apart because of their policy of other firefighters stepping in to help those widows.

In principle. it seems like a great idea, firemen coming to the aid of their dead comrades families. In reality, it was a disaster for many of those living firemen's families. They put needy widows, who had been cast adrift by the loss of their men, in close connection with other men riding a white horse to their rescue. The results were what anyone should expect.

I believe that each couple should set firm boundaries in their dealings with the opposite sex. To do otherwise invites trouble.

I totally agree that husbands and wives should present a unified front in public, and save their "discussions" for the privacy of their homes.

Ladies, how many times have you seen other women look on with interest at a couple showing a weakness in their relationship, and then trying to slip into the gap created?

Men, ladies need to be loved and cherished. They deserve your total support, especially in public.

There are a lot of men and women out there looking for their chance to take someone's place.

Tandy, thank you for your feedback too.

Blessings on all of you,

Bruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 04:23 AM

Praise God! A young man with the courage to step up and be noticed. Good. I am glad that there are still some out there. I thought there were, but I was beginning to wonder.

Silver Star,

Thanks for replying. I find it amazing that deep down, most of us all want the same things. That is why a post like this strikes a chord in so many of us.

Bruce,

I thought it was just going to be you and me for a while there, but when I saw the young ladies start to post, I knew a few of the guys would round up the courage. Those hormones trump fear at that age. LOL. We have one young knight riding onto the scene anyway.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 12:44 PM

I agree about men talking to women online and taking the 1st step but they don't and I'm not sure why?

I just have to add this, there are men out their which according to the world they're wimps but not according to us Christians.

I would rather meet a real Christian man who is a wimp with biblical beliefs, morals and values instead of a worldly strong man. There is a difference.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 02:06 PM

Hi Sevanna,

Welcome to the forums.

You are right about there being a difference in a Christian wimp and a worldly wimp. I thought we had addressed that, but I apologize for the confusion.

We are referring to a man being strong by the Bible's definition of a man. Fear of God alone, willing and able to lead, loving, devoted, compassionate, but strong and unwavering in his Faith, just to name a few of the requirements. I couldn't care less what the world's definition of a man is, I just want to please God. And I do know that if we do as we are instructed, we are happier as well.

Thanks for joining us, Sevanna. Please continue to do so, we welcome the input.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 06:12 PM

Leon,

Since we've addressed the issue of the difference between worldly and unworldly :) I wonder how many Christian man when sending e-mails on this site will ask this particular question?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 06:22 PM

I guess i will post my opinion after reading a few posts, and i belive this is crucial.

'Opinion' that's the word for today, and the word that tends to make me alert at the words that follow, following it's usage.

It doesn't really matter what everyone's opinions of a real man is, what only matter is what God days.

Firstly a godly man is taught of God and kept by the power of God, he has heeded the command of repenting of his sins and believing in the Gospel of Jesus Christ - Mark 1:15 (Only the gospel is th power of God unto salvation Romans 1:16 - Because of God's righteousness is revealed by justification of those who have faith in Christ - Thanks to Jesus' substitutionary atoning work)

Now this man would be saved, and as a result he would heed the statement of paul in 2 Timothy 3:16 of the scriptures being sufficient for instruction in godliness, etc, so the man of God is thoroughly equipped for every good work. He would also have heeded matthew 16:24 - Jesus' call to discipleship - he denies self and submits to the Lordship of Christ, takes up his cross daily (willing to die for Christ) and follows Christ! who is God in the flesh and treasures Him and His commands above all as a pattern of his life.

Now that this is set, watch Paul Washer's sermon on biblical manhood found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ0-kJW3nz4&feature=related

and you will understand what to look for in a man, but also men you will understand what is required of you as a future leader of your home spiritually in physically, also as protector and provider.

further sermon of paul washer on the - Glory of God in marriage and what marriage means visit this link:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?speakerWithinSource=&subsetCat=&subsetItem=&mediatype=&includekeywords=&keyword=Paul^Washer&keyworddesc=Paul+Washer&currsection=sermonsspeaker&AudioOnly=false&SpeakerOnly=true&keywordwithin=marriage&x=0&y=0

Enjoy.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 07:21 PM

Lilqu,

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the forums, we are always glad to have someone new. The link and your opinions are welcomed as well.

Sevanna,

That is a big point of this post. I wanted some of the men to see what a woman considers a man. There have been so many posts in the past from men trying to get out of their Godly responsibilities, that I am trying to show them that these are the things a woman looks for in a man.

If you feel differently, or strongly about something, or anything, please share that with us. We really want to know. Even if your opinion is different. I just feel that we have allowed society to weaken our Christian resolve, and that it is time to wake up and do the right thing. As the men are called to lead, it should start with us.

Love and grace,

Leon

blackbeltbruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 09:51 AM

Welcome brothers in Christ.

Leon, there are at least 2 that have the courage to express themselves.

Any other men that are willing to share with us? Who knows, you might have one or two of these Godly women notice you.

Bruce

Page : 1 2 3 4 5