Author Thread: What kind of man do you want? Real or Wimp?
Admin

What kind of man do you want? Real or Wimp?
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 10:27 AM

I am asking this question at the request of a dear friend. Men, I want your opinion about the kind of man you want to be. I will start it off with my opinion.

Too many men today are worried about what others will think, or wanting to be politically correct. We have become a nation of wimps, afraid to stand up, or even state our real beliefs. I think God has enough wimps. And, (I may be wrong about this) I think our women have had enough of them, too.

I think they want a man to be a man, even if they don't agree with him. Men, REAL men, are different than women. we will not always agree on everything. But, you know what? If you are a man, and stand up for what you believe, you will be surprised at how quickly she becomes a woman. Why? Because NO ONE respects a wimp. Do you really think that woman respects you for always giving in? No! She does not, would you?

God doesn't need someone that is afraid to talk about Him because man's law says we are not allowed. When I am at the Post Office, or a school, or anywhere...I am going to talk about God. If anyone questions that, I ask if they know Jesus. They run, because they are afraid of a true believer. That is being a man. Come on men, be men for a change, you might just like it.

I know there are some real men on here, come on, back me up on this. You know you want to.

And for the sake of men everywhere, quit being scared to talk to a woman. Start off with winks. Make it a goal to send 5 every day until you get a response from someone you like. Then, write her. If you need help, email me. But quit being submissive, that is the woman's job, and she can do it much better than you.

In short, there is supposed to be a difference in men and women. Embrace those differences, enjoy them, applaud them. I love women, all of them. They are all a little different, but they share one common denominator, they WANT to be treated like a woman, I just wish we could say the same for all men.

Man up,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 08:29 AM

There was a comedian who was talking about how back in the day Girls used to be like fruit, you just wait for a guy to come and pick you up from the market but nowadays Girls have their own credit cards and have there own jobs and everything.

Well personally from a guys perspective, I think guys tend to be intimidated and feel the need to impress because even though the comedian was joking he had a point. Times have changed and a lot of guys tend to think if they yield to the Girl and stay the timid beat down dog it should keep her happy thus letting go of the role of a man. I don't think they realize they're only making the Girl kick it into overdrive running 2 roles instead of just the role of a wife.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 02:18 AM

I just know that I want a on-fire-for-God spiritual worrier that is able to lead myself and our future children in a way that would be glorifying to God. If I could find a man like this--I would be 100% willing to submit and be the type of woman that is described in Proverbs 31. The thing is--most of the men that I've ever dated seem to not know the meaning behind the word "leader." It seems like I have taken the "mother" or leader role in most of my relationships. "Honey, will you read through the Bible in a year with me? Don't forget about your exam that's next Tuesday! Isn't it time for you to get an oil change? I know a less expensive way of doing that... Can we start doing ministry together?" This thing is--I should not need to be reminding my man about their exams or helping them make good decisions, they should man up and do the right thing without needing their girlfriend to mother them. I mean--don't get me wrong--I LOVE being helpful to my boyfriend, but come'on... men really do seem to be forgetting what it means to be a man these days...

But at the same time--I love when a man can make me go wild with the romantic words or actions that he can say/do. There is nothing better than feeling like I am my boyfriend's most prized treasure.

So here's my problem--I want a man that is a leader, a romantic, loves children and me, is a man's man, but can still change a diaper or love my cat, will hold my hand in the car, kiss me at red lights, brag to his friends about me, but still feel compelled to punch a guy if he shows me disrespect.

Basically--the country song "I'm still a man" describes what I want. But the song misses the part about the sexiest man being a man that loves God with his whole being.

I said, "here's my problem" because I am starting to wonder where MY Godly-manly-romantic-sweet-fun-funny-non-feminized husband is. And if he even exists.

I just need to keep on reminding myself that my Daddy is just telling me, "just wait Princess..."

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 02:22 AM

I meant warrior. Haha! My badness.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5