Author Thread: What kind of man do you want? Real or Wimp?
Admin

What kind of man do you want? Real or Wimp?
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 10:27 AM

I am asking this question at the request of a dear friend. Men, I want your opinion about the kind of man you want to be. I will start it off with my opinion.

Too many men today are worried about what others will think, or wanting to be politically correct. We have become a nation of wimps, afraid to stand up, or even state our real beliefs. I think God has enough wimps. And, (I may be wrong about this) I think our women have had enough of them, too.

I think they want a man to be a man, even if they don't agree with him. Men, REAL men, are different than women. we will not always agree on everything. But, you know what? If you are a man, and stand up for what you believe, you will be surprised at how quickly she becomes a woman. Why? Because NO ONE respects a wimp. Do you really think that woman respects you for always giving in? No! She does not, would you?

God doesn't need someone that is afraid to talk about Him because man's law says we are not allowed. When I am at the Post Office, or a school, or anywhere...I am going to talk about God. If anyone questions that, I ask if they know Jesus. They run, because they are afraid of a true believer. That is being a man. Come on men, be men for a change, you might just like it.

I know there are some real men on here, come on, back me up on this. You know you want to.

And for the sake of men everywhere, quit being scared to talk to a woman. Start off with winks. Make it a goal to send 5 every day until you get a response from someone you like. Then, write her. If you need help, email me. But quit being submissive, that is the woman's job, and she can do it much better than you.

In short, there is supposed to be a difference in men and women. Embrace those differences, enjoy them, applaud them. I love women, all of them. They are all a little different, but they share one common denominator, they WANT to be treated like a woman, I just wish we could say the same for all men.

Man up,

Leon

existlookingup

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 03:48 PM

Not only do I want a man to know his true identity in Christ, but I want him to know who he is. I don't want his hobbies to be "Whatever you want to do", or Saturday plans are "I don't know"

Introverted men are still called to be leaders in their home, and introverted women lead their children. In fact Jesus to me, seemed a perfect mix of introverted and extroverted. So while we women want a confident man, and we want you to lead us, that doesn't rule out the introverts.

I worry most about a guy when he doesn't know what he likes to do, and when he doesn't have a strong support system of other guys. So love sports, love art, love cooking, love books, and say "I've really wanted to try this Thai food place, what do you think?" instead of "Whatever you want."

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:46 PM

The real deal works for me and he better bring something home for dinner. jk I love it when I can actually get along so, I dont think any man that new me at all can tell me that I did not say everything I dont need to be talking about and I didnt try to win the whole arguement of who was really right..... jk

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 09:39 AM

Exist and bluereyes,

Thanks for your comments. These insights into what makes the other sex tick can only help us to understand each other better, thus improving our relationships.

I put the men on the spot in the ask a guy section, so there should be some interesting reading for all the ladies in a day or two.

Blessings,

Leon

kingliness

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 12:49 AM

Leon,

I just saw this post and it rocks man.

You hit on so many points.. I just want to point out one small

thing. A lot of women go far the "bad boy" type because they

are HONEST. Now, they may not be honest in regards to

everything, but the most important thing is to be honest to

your woman. They don't like to be fed lines of bull even if they

sometimes hint that they do.

I've noticed many guys are "nice" for the wrong reasons and

many ladies I've spoken with agree with me. Some guys are

nice because that's how they manipulate. They are nice

enough until they don't get what they want. This is incredibly

transparent and not real. They don't seize the initiative and

then blame the girls for falling for "mean guys" who do.

Lilqu, Thank you for posting that Paul Washer link. I heard

that video a couple months ago and I fully agree with what

he is saying and have counseled some of my fellow married

brothers with his biblical insight.

I'm glad I found this post. If any of you men need help just

getting out there and meeting ladies. Let me know! I'd love

to see some of these beautiful girls inside and out, find a

good godly guy. So you men need to speak out!

I know I will be :)

C.

NatalDeLaMer

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2009 12:58 AM

Excellent post, Leon.

I'm actually really excited you wrote about this topic. Yay!

You put it so succinctly- No one respects a wimp. Too true. I certainly don't. And we all know how important respect is to a man. That alone should spur you to man up. A woman can't go anywhere trying to follow a man who won't step up and lead.

Besides, I think women have this natural inclination to WANT to lead...I mean, I often feel the urge to lead (even though I shouldn't be leading) so it would be very good if there was a man who was man enough to you know, put me in my place. Respectfully, of course.

And also, just to touch on the 'bad boy' subject I was reading a little about...

I am not a fan of bad boys. I often find them to be jerks, and I've dealt with enough jerks to last me a LIFETIME.

I do however think I understand the reason behind their appeal. Bad boys have passion. They have zeal. They are bold. And they don't wuss out. I think that's the reason women choose them over the 'nice guys'.

It would be fantastic to find a man who is genuinely nice, who is respectful and treats people well, but who also has passion...who get fired up sometimes. Who have a bit of a spark. Who are REAL.

In short- if christian men were REAL men, like they should be, they would have all the desirable qualities of a 'bad boy' with all the desirable qualities of a 'nice guy', and would be a strong leader worthy of respect.

Aaaahhh...perfect. :hearts:

Of course, that's just my opinion. Let me know if you agree.

Jessica

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2009 09:30 AM

Great thread Leon!

All things considered.. this being the internet at all.. there's a good rule of thumb one may try to follow: if it looks like chicken, smells like chicken, and tastes like chicken.. chances are it's beef! That's the internet on the male side. I

Post related however, while the great mandate does call all young men who have ears to hear and truly love the Lord to 'go out to all nations' and 'teach the good news', Acts 1:8 I believe, many men do stand firm for truth and some women find it to be extreme. Perhaps fasting from tv for a week, coffee for a week, etc. When we deny the flesh, the mind is quickened. There's a point of blur/misinformation campaign I've discovered over with the healthcare industry.

While I shouldn't have to mention that in the secular humanist's world there is no real truth, nor absolute truth.. just evidence, and facts.. we wouldn't need the word "fact" in our vocabulary if we had truth which is greater than fact. Relativism, the indoctrination that all truth is relative, or subjective to each has now been swirled into moral relativism..that there are no true good and no true evil in the world, just rights and wrongs pertinent to a specific culture, and to tolerate anything and everything except intolerance. Problem is, when you stand for nothing you will fall for anything and everything. Cognitive relativism can best be defined as the relationship between truth and relativity is a very reliable(true) one. Now, all of that junk out of the way.. how can one claim truth.. in stating there is no real truth at all? And these certified experts attempting to wash the truth right out of anyone in the public school system early with shaky, shifting, evolving facts about evolution being taught as truth without any creation science/creationism? It also wouldn't be unruly to state that a conditioned/subverted mind requires 'proof' to believe.

Standing firm for the Lord is a good thing, but it seems when you stand too firm even your own family turns against you. My first death threat was in 2006 speaking to an atheist, and I wasn't even preaching to him. Unclean spirits can have that effect on a person though, for those who don't deny their existence when 99.9% of the time in scripture the unclean spirits were the cause of all the dis-ease and issues of health.

When we worry, either about petty stuff or one's life in danger... are we essentially accusing God and saying to Him: "you're lying to me God, this fallen world has all the answers and with proof!" The word "worry" itself comes from two Greek words, marem no'ta(incorrect spelling) and it means "divided mind". Much like a house divided cannot stand, neither can a mind divided. When the worlds best answers come in "might happen", "could happen", "may occur" and they all sound a little superstitious, with a load of uncertainty.. why would you want to put your faith, trust, or life in its hands? We shouldn't forget that the greatest deceit looks the most appealing and holds the most charm. If you work in the healthcare industry, I know for certain they have to keep a level of "caring" to make it all easier to digest when the word 'pharmaceuticals' has sinful origin, and it is the billion dollar industry that it is. If it has a lot of money, or is considered rich, it probably isn't Godly. Of the real sound pastors out there who are trying to reach others around the world by radio, they are all struggling to keep their ministry afloat.. Dr. Tony Evans is a perfect example and he's a real doctor too.. if you look at church as a place for sick people, and we're all sick..

Discuss?

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2009 05:34 PM

I have to agree with you Leon, there are far too many whimps in the U.S. these days. Our Nation and Christian foundations came from men that weren't afraid to die for their beliefs. That is not true today. I am one of the few that was raised to understand that a man is a protector and leader and should always listen to what others say for that is where wisdom begins. I believe a huge part of America's womanizing of men came from the Hippy babyboomer generation that pushed the "make Love not war" slogan. :dunce:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2009 06:34 PM

Wow! These are all such great answers I don't even know where to start. I agree with all of you. Even the hippies or flower power generation. That was my mother's generation, and I used to tease her about destroying the moral fiber of our nation. She was not involved in the movement, but that didn't stop me from teasing her. But the truth is, that was the start. Young men refusing to go to war because of fear, women offering themselves to multiple partners of both sexes. And it has gone down hill ever since.

Men, we have to stand strong in this world and refuse to let fear rule our lives. The only acceptable fear is fear of the Lord. I know from my life that it makes you feel better about yourself when you stand up for your beliefs. You may not accomplish anything, but you can always say you tried. You will be surprised how many times you succeed.

Great comments everyone.

Leon

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 03:54 PM

I agree with you here, but, should a man open the path for a woman to come forward--as the king allows those of his kingdom to come to him--I don't feel that it is wrong for a woman to make the first move.

I read one profile on here that did just that and that was the first time I ever sent the first private message.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2009 03:45 PM

Women will only want a man if they know what a man is. If their role model was a flimsy absent wet nuddle arm pseudo male that what she'll go for. Same for an abusive jerk. Hard to break out of a patern.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5