Author Thread: What kind of man do you want? Real or Wimp?
Admin

What kind of man do you want? Real or Wimp?
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 10:27 AM

I am asking this question at the request of a dear friend. Men, I want your opinion about the kind of man you want to be. I will start it off with my opinion.

Too many men today are worried about what others will think, or wanting to be politically correct. We have become a nation of wimps, afraid to stand up, or even state our real beliefs. I think God has enough wimps. And, (I may be wrong about this) I think our women have had enough of them, too.

I think they want a man to be a man, even if they don't agree with him. Men, REAL men, are different than women. we will not always agree on everything. But, you know what? If you are a man, and stand up for what you believe, you will be surprised at how quickly she becomes a woman. Why? Because NO ONE respects a wimp. Do you really think that woman respects you for always giving in? No! She does not, would you?

God doesn't need someone that is afraid to talk about Him because man's law says we are not allowed. When I am at the Post Office, or a school, or anywhere...I am going to talk about God. If anyone questions that, I ask if they know Jesus. They run, because they are afraid of a true believer. That is being a man. Come on men, be men for a change, you might just like it.

I know there are some real men on here, come on, back me up on this. You know you want to.

And for the sake of men everywhere, quit being scared to talk to a woman. Start off with winks. Make it a goal to send 5 every day until you get a response from someone you like. Then, write her. If you need help, email me. But quit being submissive, that is the woman's job, and she can do it much better than you.

In short, there is supposed to be a difference in men and women. Embrace those differences, enjoy them, applaud them. I love women, all of them. They are all a little different, but they share one common denominator, they WANT to be treated like a woman, I just wish we could say the same for all men.

Man up,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 11:47 AM

oh man, thats so true and so biblical... Let the men be men, so we, woman, can relax from trying to fix everything. and a wink, doesnt hurt anybody. It just friendlig, so guys, send winks and girls... just reply nicely if you're not interested. after all we are brothers and sisters in Christ.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 12:18 PM

Amen!

Woman want a strong MAN of God, not a wishy washy guy who will let us be in charge. Step out and be the leader that God has called you to be, we will respect you for it.

I personally find a strong man of God who is an effective leader very attractive. I would rather have these attributes than good looks or wealth.

Blessings, Lydia

P.S. You go Leon!:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 02:10 PM

Preach it Brother Leon!! Amen! Amen! Amen!

I want a strong Christian man that has no fear but of the Lord!

I want a man that is strong enough to be the head of my house!

A man that can be my leader in Christ, my leader in our finances, my leader in everything because he draws his strength from our God!! (It makes me smile to even think about it because I KNOW yall are still out there and God will send me one of you guys in His time!!)

Be strong enough to lead, but still able to love me like the church!

I would have absolutely no problem at all submitting to a man like this.

I don't think men should use the "rule of thumb", but I dont think a man should be afraid to communicate to his wife that she is wrong.

I could go on and on, but Leon, you are so right!!

With love,

Tandy

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 02:24 PM

Amen,sisters.

See guys, there it is from three of our beautiful sisters in a row. They want MEN. Not arrogant, demanding, controlling, or demeaning men, but strong men of God. They need to feel loved and protected. (Being provided for doesn't hurt either)

That is one of the differences in us, embrace that.

Listen to these ladies guys, they are giving you the keys to the kingdom, so to speak.

Love and courage,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 03:27 PM

Provided for? Does this mean that I can stay home and eat bon bons and watch soap operas? LOL just kidding!

Love and security, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 04:44 PM

As long as you have that love and adoration thing down, we men are easy. LOL.

Love,

Leon

blackbeltbruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 06:55 PM

Leon, I agree. Society has done it's best to pull the teeth on real men and create weaklings.

We are the sons of Adam, who was created outside of the garden, an untamed warrior.

I have never had and never will have a problem sharing my faith with anyone.

I have a very strong self of identity, tempered with my understanding of the human heart.

I think that true men have enough strength to be gentle without being wimps.

we just need to look to the example of Christ, the perfect man.

Ladies, I have a question to add to this: We see some women being attracted to "bad boys". Is it the danger and excitement of the "bad boy" or is it their false sense of strength or something else?

Bruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 07:12 PM

Bruce,

When I was younger and B.C., I was attracted to bad boys. It is I believe both of your suggestions, the danger and excitement and the false sense of strength. But more so the false sense of strength in my opinion. Thank God we grow out of the bad boy thing!

Blessings, Lydia

Hey, why is it that men seem to be attracted to needy women in distress?

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 07:33 PM

Leon, is this a trick question???? Of course REAL women want a REAL man-one that knows his God given role and walks in it, which frees us to do the same.

By the way good tip to the men about taking initiate. It kind of makes me wonder if a man is unable to take lead in simply contacting a woman, how can he/will he be able to lead a family. However, I know no one wants to be rejected.

Your sister in Christ

blackbeltbruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 07:45 PM

Thanks for your viewpoint, Lydia.

I think the damsel in distress appeals to the warrior aspect of man's nature. We want to right the wrongs in the world.

I think that is why many men succumb to temptation when coming to the aid of a woman.

Bruce

Page : 1 2 3 4 5