Author Thread: NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
chozen2b

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:54 AM

�Go ahead and thrive. For most of us we don�t have to look back too far to recognize something that we lost. Whether it is the death of a relationship, marriage, ministry, loved one, or dream, we all had something to die. Many times during the process, we feel as if we ourselves just might die as well. But today�s challenge is to just look back for a moment. If the lost happened any day but today and you�re still here, you have SURVIVED. You survived the breakup, a bad childhood, the church split, the abusive relationship or whatever else your �IT� may be. You SURVIVED and survival is no small feat only a mighty God could have sustained you. However, don�t get stuck in survival mode � doing what�s necessary from day to day but there is no real satisfaction or joy. Life is just bland. As with any loss, grief is a normal process but just as God spoke to Joshua in Joshua 1:2, after the death of Moses that he must get up and move on with the journey (my paraphrase), so must you and I. Because God didn�t mean for us just to exist/survive but thrive, He sent His son, Jesus, that we might have life and life more abundantly according to John 10:10. Anything that was lost along the way was not necessary to your destiny.

I know we heard it before but it was on my mind as I aroused this morning and there�s nothing like when God illuminates His Word to you.

Your sister in Christ,

Chozen

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:43 AM

Chozen,

Very good word sister, and one we all need for time to time. I receive that, thank you.

Love and joy,

Leon

tristan07

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 02:21 PM

Thank yuo, I know what you mean about surviving, I feel bland and lonely and like that's all I can do is sit here and think about the Good things ive lost, the things in the past and the future things I have lost. I sit here and wonder why, over and over, and I can find no answers other then the sinful nature of man (and woman)

I want to talk to someone but really dont feel like making the effort. my freinds all seem to have lost interest in me and there isn't much I can do but mope around and watch the kids play.

please pray for me.

- alex

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 03:11 PM

Hi Tristan,

I have struggled before, and more recently, helped my friend as her marriage fell apart. I know you are not the same person as my friend, but I will share with you what helped her.

Start small. You need to rebuild yourself, even stronger! :) I don't know how far into depression you are, but for her, I called everyday and asked if she'd done little things for herself. She was devasted, as it seems you are, and it was a struggle for her to even take a shower everyday. So, I'd ask if she'd taken a shower. At first, she would say no and get frustrated with me. But after a day or two, she would say, Yep! She seemed to take pride in the fact that she'd already gotten it done for herself. It built up from there. She began eating and cooking and all the things we need to do again.

Try to think of positive things. This is very hard, and it sounds corny, but it really works!! :) When you start feeling especially down, force yourself to think of something positive. Find a scripture that picks you up and recite it in your head, or out loud if you need to!

I know it's hard to believe right now, but when you come out on the other side of this, you will be so much stronger! You will even thank God for it!

With love,

T

tristan07

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 03:59 PM

thank you for the advice. i will try to make the best use of it. it's just really hard to have this happen after 9 years of marriage and have the kids crying why mommy isnt living here anymore.

chozen2b

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:50 PM

Alex, I definitely will be praying for you. I believe that Tandy gave you some great advice. I understand about the wondering why and playing things over and over again in your head. I remember a time in my life that my constant prayer was Lord help me to be better not bitter (many times I prayed in tears) and little by little that�s what he done for me. It didn�t happen overnight and not even in a couple months but I really am better now. The sting is gone from what used to hurt. There comes a point in all of our lives where we are seemingly alone but I would say draw close to God during this period. Tell him exactly what you�re feeling because he really can handle it. If you have to keep a journal to express your feelings do that. Read your word. So from SURVIVOR to another, I say you can make it and your latter will be greater than anything you�ve experienced before.

Chozen

chozen2b

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:51 PM

Leon thanks for your kind words!

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 01:08 PM

Hi Chozen,

Thanks for sharing. It also goes back to that old saying - what doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.

And that really is true. We face such hard things in life sometimes, but the things we learn from them are what keep us going. Maybe not immediately, but as we learn.

God bless

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 02:06 PM

Now there is our little Miranda that we all know and love! With her beautiful smile back! LOL. I think the other photo was good, but this one really seems to fit your personality. Or maybe I am just old and hate change. LOL. Either way, I do like this pic better.

Love and grace to all,

Leon

chozen2b

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 05:42 PM

Miranda definitely what doesn't kill you, will make you stronger! It just takes time for you to gain the strength.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 8 Mar, 2009 01:54 PM

Thanks Leon, I understand what you meant. I agree completely.

Chozen - excellent topic. Something new & motivating. People need to hear that once in a while. Hard times will come & go, just need to fight through them.

Talk to you all soon.

God bless,

Miranda

Page : 1 2