Author Thread: It is the most important thing to have in common
Admin

It is the most important thing to have in common
Posted : 20 Jan, 2013 03:05 PM

in my opinion. Everything in my life as to do with Christ and so how could I even carry on a conversation with a fella that doesn't follow Him as well? I know there are people that have come to Christ through meeting a christian but I think it is rare, or at least, I don't want to take the chance they wouldn't.

I can tell you being 60 and trying to find a mate is way difficult. I also see many that profess to be christians but "don't seem" to truly have a one on one relationship with Jesus. And, their lists of favorite things to do doesn't even include reading the Word or anything you would think a christian that loves God would be doing.

Oh well, just a slow Sunday and yes, it is a day of rest for me but thought I might post something here.

denise, a sister in Christ

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2013 07:34 PM

Agreed, Denise!

I've noticed that very few folks who call themselves "Christian" are living out their faith, so maybe they don't have faith?

I know that I need Jesus in my life, for everything. Love knowing He's always beside me and I can talk with Him anytime--ask Him questions, give him my worries and burdens, or even just say, "Thank You, Lord" for everything.

As it says in 2 Corinthians 6:14, "Do not be yoked with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?"

I have discovered, on many occasions, that clear communication is difficult with those who do not believe as we do. So, it just makes sense to associate with people of the same faith.

And, Thank Jesus there are Christian dating sites! :winksmile:

God bless you, my sister.

--Cat

sisygirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 09:57 PM

Hello Cat!

How you doing in the Lord?

On your seach for a mate?

How's your family doing?

How you doing with your day to day activities/commitment (school/work/sports & any other interest)?

Love reading your post/replies

Was just greeting dear lady :waving:

And checking out on you.

Much love, Sissy

dunravin

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2013 01:02 PM

Sometimes a Christian mate/spouse is a lot more difficult to live with than a non Christian mate or spouse....and then one has to redefine what a Christian is...We can talk about issues of submitting to one another...finances,, raising children and everything else that crops up in the 21st. century but we also need to remember that man is essentially ruled by the imaginings inside his/her head..So somehow after "falling" in love, we then "fall" out of love..."falling" is something of a contradiction but this is how it is expressed...love is a conscious choice, in my opinion. We choose for sex, we choose for companionship, we choose for togetherness, we choose for everything. Conscious choice. Sometimes because of hormones we choose unwisely and end up in strife....it is important to choose a mate based on commonality of values but also on hormonal response, and social mores. If a man chooses a mate who is non Christian then the danger is always waiting in the wings but at the same time we are to pray for our spouses that they may become sanctified through the relationship of marriage and the children also may be sanctified through the relationship of marriage...Marriage, is difficult at any time and having a Christian marriage is no exception...it is just that the relationship also is a witness to Gods' glory, or should be.

dunravin

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2013 01:04 PM

Sometimes a Christian mate/spouse is a lot more difficult to live with than a non Christian mate or spouse....and then one has to redefine what a Christian is...We can talk about issues of submitting to one another...finances,, raising children and everything else that crops up in the 21st. century but we also need to remember that man is essentially ruled by the imaginings inside his/her head..So somehow after "falling" in love, we then "fall" out of love..."falling" is something of a contradiction but this is how it is expressed...love is a conscious choice, in my opinion. We choose for sex, we choose for companionship, we choose for togetherness, we choose for everything. Conscious choice. Sometimes because of hormones we choose unwisely and end up in strife....it is important to choose a mate based on commonality of values but also on hormonal response, and social mores. If a man chooses a mate who is non Christian then the danger is always waiting in the wings but at the same time we are to pray for our spouses that they may become sanctified through the relationship of marriage and the children also may be sanctified through the relationship of marriage...Marriage, is difficult at any time and having a Christian marriage is no exception...it is just that the relationship also is a witness to Gods' glory, or should be.