Author Thread: What makes me so amazing to non-believers but christian guys tend to loose intrest?
Kspang22

View Profile
History
What makes me so amazing to non-believers but christian guys tend to loose intrest?
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 12:18 AM

I know i am still very young and have a lot to learn so i thought i would ask all you awesome guys out there.

Bit of basic info about me. I have been a christian since i was 8. recomited when i was 12 and really learned what it was to live for God and have been growing in my faith ever since. I have been in two "relationships". Once with a believe but not a practicer ( reason why it ended) and another time with a morman. I consider myself non-denominational. We had very similiar ideals and values. Not completely the same but we had a great connection. Sadly i didnt gaurd my heart well enough (hey a chance to learn right) and the young man shattered it.

Okay so i am not here to talk about my relationships just thats what i felt you might need to know in order to answer the question.

So on with the question i am sure your ready lol. So i have had serveral young men all very nice but not believers either confess to liking me or in one case even being in love with me. But none of them follow christ. Saldy i have never had a christian guy say anything like that to me.Even guys i have known from church for years. (other then boyfriend #2)

Why are guys who dont love God so into me and wanting to have a relationship with me while christian guys are not? I am not willing to settle and i dont think thats a bad thing.

I hope i have made sense in this rant.

View Profile
History
What makes me so amazing to non-believers but christian guys tend to loose intrest?
Posted : 8 Apr, 2009 06:37 PM

To your original question I would ask if you like any of these christian friends and if you do have you talk to them or talk to god about it? Some guys are either shy or not sure in themselves to approach a women they care for no matter how hard god is pointing them in that direction.

On the gun issue I would say that revenge is not the same as justice and sometimes justice requires force and god will always point you in the right direction, listen to god and you shall hear.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Apr, 2009 10:59 PM

One thing that educated guys want is an educated woman. You have a lot of spelling and grammar errors.

As far as non-Christian men, don't forget, non-Christian men are pretty much only after sex. Many don't care much else about the woman as long as they think there is a possibility of getting some. Usually once they find out there isn't that possibility, they move on.

I assume this has been your experience. This should tell you that they really weren't interested in you, but in sex with your body.

lovnlifein08

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2009 03:20 AM

Kspang22 - I read your post and I can completely relate to what you are saying. I have been divorced now 5 years after a 20 year marriage ended. I had no desire to be divorced nor do I have any desire to be single. I have dated mostly christian men but these men were only christian by word and not be deed.

I ask often, why are the non christian men I know willing to be in a relationship with me and strong christian men do not even seem interested. My answer from my experience, there are very few strong, devoted, servants of the Lord God almighty who are single and want a Godly, God fearing, christian woman. OR if they are out there, they do not have the confidence to go after that which they seek.

The other thing is christian men can be intimidated by strong christian women because it is difficult for the man to see what he has to offer to the woman. Like some said in other posts, non christian men are looking to see what they can get from you and then when they have conquered they will move on. I am not saying we need to be weak, and needy, not by any stretch of the word, but we do need to be able to let the strong christian men know we do need them. We do that by affirming men and encouraging and supporting them. We do that by not always trying to figure things out on our own. We do that by letting them into our world and then thanking them for entering it. We do that by making sure we tell them we are proud of them and we do that by telling them we need them. We do that by letting them lead and allowing ourselves to follow.

Do not give up and do not compromise for you are so worth the wait and do not let anyone tell you that you are not!!!

Be strong and of good couarge and be strong in the power of His might and I pray His will be accomplished in your life and that as you abide in Him, He will give you the desires of your heart!

Sue

Buffaloroams

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2009 04:35 AM

Wow Sue!

That was such a great response,I think you really nailed it for us.

For me anyways.

I know that as a NEW Follower of Christ and not just a "Believer"

I have a whole different attitude about women.

Not only do we get away from the attitude of TAKING what a woman has to offer. We also are going to take things much slower and make sure we are with who God intends for us to be yolked to.

Christ teaches us as Men to reject passivity, that is where Adam failed. He passively allowed Eve to do that which he knew was wrong. We are to be the spiritual leaders, but in our modern day society we have usually had a lifetime of that being stripped away from us. Alison Armstrong refers to it as the emasculation of Men.

It is up to us as Men to reclaim that role of Servant Leader that Christ set as an example for us. But it is not easy at first and as Sue alluded to, you women of Christ can help yourselves get the REAL Man you desire by encouraging that behavior.

God Bless,

James 1:27

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 05:28 PM

Well let me see how to explain what I am seeing.

In our country we have a great many "christians" who attend church. Many times what you find in these people is a religious spirit. A religious spirit can be more arrogant and particular than a lost person. They tend to think they are "holyier than thou" and your free spirit is offensive. This is one of the reasons Jesus spent his time with beggars and thieves!

To sum up my response I would say you have not met the man God intends for you yet. When you do he will be very interested in you. Your free spirit will be a joy, and he will seek deep relationship with Jesus and you through praying together.

Also, avoid Mormons or any group that tells you that you have to do certain things to be saved or belong to their group to be saved. Cult behavor makes the group and it's leaders into gods and leaves you lost and unsaved despite their promises.

A God ordained relationship is God created. Honestly I have not yet experienced it myself...but I wait patiently.

Steven

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2010 09:15 PM

I'm glad I can communicate with you through this post deal because with your age restrictions I'd never be able to email you. All I can say is I wish you were 10 years older. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a good woman that likes to shoot guns!

You're an attractive and seemingly intelligent woman. Be patient. Keep working on youself in the meantime. There are many great relationship books that can prepare you to be a fantastic mate. My favorites are, "How to get the love you want" and "Too close, too soon". The second one really can be applied to your question.

I also HIGHLY recommend therapy of some kind if you've not had that privilege yet. A good therapist can help you see all kinds of hidden patterns in your life that you probably won't be able to see anywhere else.

So that's my two cents worth, keep working on your beauty filled mind and heart. And keep working on tighter groupings! There's nothing more attractive that a solid Christian woman with a good head on her shoulders who can shoot a 2-inch grouping with an AR-15 at 50 yards!!

Best of luck :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2011 04:00 AM

Whats going on here?hehehe

JCfreek1087

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2013 01:56 AM

You are right that you should not settle, Scripture says that we are not to be in relationships that are unequally yoked. The reason that you are having people who are interested in you that are unbelievers is because of the fact that the god of this world (aka satan: the enemy of our souls) knows that if he can get a Christian to be with a non-believer, then that will cause the Christian to back down from their faith to where they wouldn't be as strong of Christians or even denounce their faith all together in order to stay in their relationships, which is a sad, but true thing. The only time that it is acceptable to be in a relationship which are unequally yoked is if the husband and wife are both unbelievers when they get married and then one becomes a believer and the unbeliever still wants to be with the believer, but if the unbeliever does not want to stay with the believer, then the believer is able to become loosed from the relationship, this is because the LORD does not like divorce. As for the reason that you have never gotten any Christian guy who says that they like you and want to be in a relationship with you, is most likely because of the fact that GOD does not want you to get hurt from getting into a relationship and getting very deep into it and then having it end, I know how this can feel, I have had it before, both with relationships with believers and unbelievers.

TCup13

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2014 10:55 AM

I can shoot a grouping like that. Fun stuff. This girl is a dead-eye!!!

Page : 1 2 3