Author Thread: Age Difference
Admin

Age Difference
Posted : 11 Apr, 2009 04:56 PM

Hello there,

I have been coming here for a few months now and I noticed that some women are open to meeting a mate who can be a lot older (or younger) then themselves. But I also noticed that the great majority prefers to stay 5-10 years within their own age.

I would like to hear other peoples opinion on dating men/women that are 10-15 years older or younger. Do you think it can work? Has it ever worked for you or are you aware of instances where a large difference in age was no obstacle?

Thanks and be blessed in Him!

Andrew

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 11 Apr, 2009 06:16 PM

Hi, Andrew.

I have several friends that are happily married where there is at least a decade between them. My father is almost ten years older than my mother and they've been married for more than forty years.

Personally, I have dated younger men and found that the age gap itself did not play a factor in the success or demise of any of the relationships. Rather, it was lack of quality time spent, or our ministry callings clashed.

But the deal breaker is if we are unequally yoked. No missionary dating here. But concerning dating believers, I've had to walk away from a relationship, that although it was firing on all cylinders, his walk with the Lord was not as solid.

Mark 3:25 is scripture that I meditate on when I'm considering someone as a potential husband. God laid it out for me regarding His requirement in a mate. The man is to be the priest in my home, a living illustration of Jesus in my life.

Whether it's a five, ten, or even fifteen year difference, if God is in the details, He will bless the union. If God ordains, He sustains.

God's Peace and Blessings,

Jocelyn.

HE IS RISEN...HE'S RISEN INDEED!

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 11 Apr, 2009 07:16 PM

Thank you, Jocelyn, for sharing your thoughts!

Blessings in Christ!

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 2 May, 2009 07:01 AM

I think the love in the heart and maturity of the spirit nullafy the age of the flesh

righteousfire

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 5 Jun, 2009 04:58 PM

AMEN brother! It amazes me how many restrict God's anointing and His arms by putting parameters on the heart! Peace and joy in Christ Jesus, my Lord and Saviour! Sandy

servant386

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 01:07 PM

Yes it can and obviously does work for some and of course all things are possible with God . I`m just thankful for the Boaz scripture and I try to flip flop scripture where it has only one sex mentioned as in Proverbs where it is written . " He who finds a good wife finds a good thing "( NAS). My flip is to also say She who finds a husband finds a good thing so age differences are not limited to a man being older and a woman being younger . . :applause:

Steve

prettymhy

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 08:38 AM

Well, I am only 36 yrs old but Honestly, I rather choose older men 45-55 . Why? because most of them learned how to treat a lady like a lady, more serious and very loving , and they know how to treat a lady with respect. I am not saying Young men can't do that but most of young men isn't as patient and is more likely to have a wondering eye :glow:.Most Ladies are not looking for young men but a man who will treat us with respect, a man who wants to get married and will stay the course through thick and thin. :glow: As for me Age does not counts what matter most is the Behavior and when there is love.. Behavior is a big attraction for me.

All I got to say to the older guys is count your lucky stars. For you younger guys you need to show the lady you are the exception to their belief system. Don't try to buy them. Show them you care, you are serious about courting them, and that you have the will and maturity to make dreams come true.

Peace to all

Myra

swpcfstartingoversus

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 09:06 AM

I dated a man several years younger than I was. He said he was committed to the Lord, but later found out that he was not. It was not fun. Besides the deception of his walk with the Lord, we did not have alot in common.

I prefer a mature man, who is a servant of the Lord, and truly appreciates a mature woman of God.

righteousfire

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 22 Dec, 2009 03:30 PM

Your statement "SOUNDS" good about the spirit nullifying the flesh age difference; however, you limit messages to those 53 or younger; why the contradiction? I am 56 and have been told I look more like 45 and am young at heart and very energetic. I wanted to message you, but was restricted. God Bless you in your search!

righteousfire

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 02:43 PM

Best relationships are those grounded in like faith, the two become one with Jesus Christ....WHY WOULD YOU LIMIT ANY POSSIBILITY! Age....some older look younger and younger look older; it's in our genetic makeup. Why would anyone put an age limit on this site? Think about it before you toss out any possibilities the Lord may lay before you. Blessings!

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 11:40 AM

I agree age shouldn't matter as long as it is within reason I am 23 I might talk to a 60 year old for advice and wisdom but when it comes to dating I tend to set the limit at 15 years older but in the end God makes the real choice :angel:

Page : 1 2