Author Thread: which one and why?
genesis75

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 9 Jan, 2014 10:01 PM

There are many Christians around the site. There are those who are Spiritual also. Some are Religious and others are Born Again Christians. If you will be asked to choose among them, which one and why? Please leave your comments here, i'd like to hear your views fellow Christians. Thank you!

Lukia

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 10 Jan, 2014 03:23 AM

I would choose a person who has the fear of God in him.

Because God will always give him wisdom.

jesusislord072380

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 12 Jan, 2014 08:54 PM

a lot of men per se can post as Christians.Christianity is used as a distinction between a religious affiliations rather than a person relationship with our Savior Jesus Christ. I believe when you talk to someone and give it a time to know each other that'll be a good temperature if the person is really a christian by heart. i dont believe in one christian website that'll generalize as those who join that certain site will met the man/woman of there heart's desire.. i believe in venturing as being adventurous, well if you got ample of time to go online then it wouldnt be bad to try them all

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 2 Feb, 2014 10:50 PM

"which one and why?"

That's a very good question, and I don't know the answer unfortunately. I used to think that if this website was more detailed, it would be better. For example, if everyone would have to write about their favorite things, their dislikes, their passions, what makes them laugh, and what it means to them to be a Christian, then we would have more information on each profile. And with this information, we could decide which person we like better. But I guess the way this site works is you just pick a random person that you like and you start chatting with them online. And you try to see if you are similar or not. If yes, then see if you like each other, and then meet in real life...

The good thing about this website is that people come here to meet others. So, we can know that everybody who is here is looking for someone. In real life, you don't know who is looking and who is not. You don't know who is single and who is not. This website makes it easy to talk to people.

But honestly, I would expect more from technology. Computers can do a lot of calculations, and it would be possible to write a program or create a website that instantly compares our preferences, our answers and displays a compatibility ratio or percentage. That way people with the most similarities could find each other really quickly. There is always room for improvement. But I think, this is a pretty good website given that it's free.

"I would choose a person who has the fear of God in him."

Well, of course, who wouldn't? Since this is a Christian site, everybody here claims to have the fear of God in them. LOL I don't know how many million members this site has. But even if it only had 100,000 members, you would be in trouble, because how do you decide who you want to talk to? There are 100,000 faces. They all look very similar. And by the time you look at the 100th profile, your eyes are starting to get tired... :)

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 3 Feb, 2014 08:32 PM

Being religious to me just means you are consistent and tells me little about your heart. You could exercise religiously, drink coffee religiously or go to church religiously and it means very little.

Being spiritual is better to me but also not very well defined. Being full of God's Spirit and thinking on His spiritual terms is awesome. But there are many "spiritual" people that don't think much about God at all.

Being born again is interesting. I think in a lot of respects anyone who is a Christian should understand or feel like they were born again. That their old life is gone and that they are a new creation in Christ. I was born again but it's been 22 years and I believe I have grown in the fruits of the spirit since then. I had my ups and downs but I think I would rather be with the me who is me now than the me that was me right after I was born again.

The Bible does say fearing God is the beginning of wisdom, (Proverbs 9:10), but I believe fearing God only brings you to Him and to wisdom but it doesn't last. I can tell you hey your going to hell if you don't become a Christian but if you don't learn to love God you won't stay a Christian.

So, what do I prefer? Someone who loves God. Someone who does the right thing even when it hurts. Someone who is growing in the fruits of the Spirit. Someone who has learned to love mercy and forgive. That person was probably afraid of where their life was heading and got born again in Christ, religiously reads their Bible and confesses their sins and prays. Someone who looks at this world through a spiritual lens and understands this is not their home, that there is a spiritual battle going on and runs their race in such a way as to win the prize that God has promised.

So, since I have not answered your question I will end it by saying Spiritual.

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2014 10:54 AM

Hi, Genesis!

You are right when saying some are "spiritual" or "religious". There are ID faked, false ones and scammers and cheaters. Who knows who is who?

If I could choose I�d like to pick one person like you: Transparent, honest, SMART, etc., but I will not pick one and I realized -now- that I will remain as I am (I don�t want to leave any hung up).

People like you, Genesis, know many things, more than we can talk or share in here. I think I wish I were your next door friend, as any person would like to be with you, and person like you.

I�m sure I will no befriend "spiritual" ones. I�m sure I will not befriend "religious" ones, because I�m not like that (and don�t plan to be like those).

I absolutely recommend to get Christian friends, matured ones and not light Christians. I am not a church goer, I see Paul�s teachings less important than those JESUS gave us. I think I will not be a match for anyone here, because my beliefs are not the average as Christians have, particularly when I don�t celebrate X-mas, Valentines and many other traditions.

If I were asked, again, on which one I would chose, I would pick no one, because each is unique as I am unique, but I will never take an unbeliever, a pagan or idolater. I do believe marriage is a gift (not a need). I do believe gf or spuses are a God�s given present, but I�m happy my search is over: It depends on God�s will, it was a mistake I largely did.

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 15 Mar, 2014 02:43 PM

The key to finding a good mate is to find one who does not settle for poor treatment (to and from). Matthew 12: 31.

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2014 11:22 AM

It really makes life hard to be with someone who doesn't share your faith. Our foundations for living are different from those who aren't Christians, not just on moral issues but in every aspect of daily life.

faithisthyvictory

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 13 Apr, 2014 05:26 AM

hello genesis

For me i would choose someone who is knowledgeable about the basic Christian Doctrines. Anyway we can discern them through their words;)

AsmileForever

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2014 07:54 PM

I spent most my life in Los Angeles where there are LOTS of spiritual people and some even have spiritual gurus. But the difference between spiritual and religious is that spiritual focuses on ME and religion focuses on WE. Jesus's biggest focus was on the WE part.

Also I read a book about a group of cannibals that lived in the 1970's in some isolated lands I believe close to India. The author said that they were "very spiritual people". They loved the trees and the earth because it provided for them. I found that an interesting thought. Practicing cannibals could never be practicing Christians.

View Profile
History
which one and why?
Posted : 26 Apr, 2014 12:56 AM

Interesting question. I couldn't be with someone who didn't respect my God or who thought His commands are optional (I don't expect we'd agree on every interpretation of scripture, but taking it seriously is a must). Beyond that, how thankful are they for Jesus and salvation? Do they extend mercy to others, whilst not compromising on the things God forbids? Can they see the value in a person society has rejected (e.g. someone on death row? a rapist? a child molesterer?) or do they see some as simply too far gone?

Heck, am *I* even that kind of person? Would I pick myself if I was stood the other side of the mirror? Lord have mercy on me...

Page : 1 2