Author Thread: Question for guys from a guy
Admin

Question for guys from a guy
Posted : 12 May, 2009 10:16 PM

Hello guys. I was wondering if any of y'all have had the experience of doing a lot of fishing and not catching any bait..........what I mean is, have any of you sent a lot of emails to a lot of female profiles, and that about 98% do not respond back...........at all............even though you were able to notice that they had viewed your profile and/or read your emails/received your winks? Have you had your heart broken a little from this? I have borderline been there. It makes me wonder if there are any real Christian ladies with integrity........give me your thoughts.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2009 01:43 PM

Wanting to just throw out some more food for thought: I do see from the posts that there are some of you who believe that by not responding at all to people who make initial contact, that you won't be hurting people's feelings, or hurting them AS BAD. But wouldn't it be true that by not responding at all that we would be ignorant, and that ignorance can go deeper in hurting people as opposed to being flat honest and saying, "thanks, but we wouldn't make a good match"? I suppose that if I would have had a lot of people respond with this message years ago, I wouldn't have had the maturity to be able to handle the rejection. I am at the place now where I am able to better handle rejection. But I guess that the stigma of people not responding would seem to leave some people wondering what's up...........but there are those who would "hear the message in the silence" that they were not interested, and be okay with that. I am getting to the place where I can be okay with that too... based on some of y'alls feedback, and thanks, by the way for the feedback. But, according to the Bible, would this be the real Christian way of responding...........by not responding at all? If we as Christians seek to be soul-winners and disciplers, would we not need to be people persons? And would the way that we treat each other not reflect on how we treat lost souls? I can understand if someone finds themselves to be very popular and gets so many emails, that they could not possibly respond to all of them.......

FYI: I turn the big 3-7 today!!!! (May 18) Yeahhhhhhh!!!!!! :yay: Life begins at 37!! Whooo hooo!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2009 02:49 PM

Happy Birthday!

Hopefully, the Lord will send laborers into the harvest and allow them to cross paths with those people who've slighted you in the past, and speak these same words of wisdom to them.

There are some of us who do have lives away from this dating site, and may have several messages that need attending to. Kindness should be a priority among fellow believers, but God calls also call us to be tenderhearted and forgiving of one another. (Ephesians 4:32, NKJV)

In the meantime, my prayer for you is that you will continue to display God's grace and allow His forgiveness to flow through you.

In Christ,

Jocelyn.

"FORTY" IS FABULOUS!!!

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2009 08:23 PM

I will just be honest here. This is a free website. Nobody is obligated, in any manner, to reply to another person's attempt at contact unless they want to.

This is not a bar sceen, it's not a social club. this is just a website where you can look at photos and a read brief biography about people. You cannot impose hard line christian ethics for social interaction on a setting like this.

It's very simple, unfortunately, we all have the task of advertising ourselves as best we can or care to, and hoping it will be enough to inspire others to respond.

I have to take exception with you for associating a woman's willingness to respond to your (or anyone's) advances via winks and messages on here with thier integrity as believers. Also saying that not responding is ignorant, that is crossing the line.

Whether or not a woman responds to your interest on a free christian dating website has nothing to do with how they act in real life, how they treat other believers, or the lost.

Alex

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2009 08:39 PM

Music,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

May this year be blessed,

Lydia

Alex,

Good post my brother and I agree with you completely.

YSIC, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2009 09:30 AM

I just keep a simple mind and believe God to put the desire in a girl to reply back to anything i send to them be it a wink or a message or even a view. That is if it is His will of course. Just stay simple minded and remember this is a free website and the Lord is captain over this ship. The Godhead is at the healm. If you desire out of yourself for the girls YOU want to respond back, and not by God, then no there will be no replies to anything, but if you believe God and keep fishing and keep fishing and keep fishing then eventually you will land the "trophy bass" for hanging on the wall (marrying) and for all to see and comment on (having a great marriage to the point where people see it and comment positively on it). Wow I am speaking out of major faith here because I am still fishing myself. But believe God and have faith, faith of a mustard seed and water it with the Word, and you will be surprised the harvest you will reap in the long run...

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2009 05:27 PM

Hi musicn0te5

Reading your post, couple of things came to mind:

1. It only takes 1 connect. Depending on what you are looking for. If you are here for a wife, then all you need is 1 reply from the RIGHT gal. Even if 99.9999% did not reply, all it takes is that single one and God is a master mind at connecting people so we must learn to trust in Him

2. I personally am a very busy woman, but do reply to every note. Sometimes its a simple "Thanks". I agree that is gets across as dis-courteous not to respond but I wouldnt take such a thing personal. Hey, this is the www - WORLD wide web. There has got to be a variety of perceptions here :-) Also, I dont think responding or not affects someone's integrity in Christ. Its just how we learned manners differently.

3. I would also review what you are putting in those notes? Most made ladies I know do not like to be choked or stalked and any appearance of a potential for such spells "RUN".

I wish you God's best. Focus your gaze on HIM not on-line :-)

-B'Loved

explor_r

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2009 10:05 PM

music man, I read your profile & it sounds like you tell about yourself from the heart. Other than being a bit unsure of yourself (woman want a strong man to lean on, but that comes from inside). Then, I'm going to say the loss is theirs from having to have never had the opportunity to meet you. I have on my profile that I'm looking for the 1 person God has for me but, in the mean time I believe it's a wonderful opportunity to be able to speak to & to meet other people along that journey who have simular views as fellow Christians. Some are more preserved as far as busy well, if they really desire to meet the person for their mate then they should get out there and start meeting some people.:applause::rocknroll:

Have a blessed day

explor_r

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2009 10:37 PM

Musicman, I just read your second post on here and first want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. My birthday is today.:party:

I will agree with you that it is rude & wonks on psychy wondering what your doing wrong but, 1st I want to say that it is a very narrow path that many will find but few will follow. I also want to say that although the people on here may be Christians they are also all at different stages of their walk & when they believe they are thatbeing kind by not saying anything that can hurt the "not saying anything is what does hurt". We need to rise above what others do purposefully or unknowingly and live in the Love & security the father has for us. Not to let the little things get to us. If He is for us then who can be against us? Just think that your father is protecting you from those He does not want distracting your life.:rolleyes:

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 08:07 PM

Although Not responding at all is totally disrespectful and discourteous to the individual and somewhat cruel. It is a reality of sites like this one. It's a down side of this type of venue. For some, it's much easier to ingnore a persons EM thinking it won't make any difference. The other side of the coin is that answering with the phrase of "I don't think we'd make a good match" is equally disenheartening. That's just another way of saying I don't want to talk to you and it's put in a veil of politeness and respect. I personally would rather say "I don't care to talk with you or I decline your invitaion to chat" at least to me that's putting the cards on the table with a little more honesty. How can you say "I don't think we'd make a good match" when you don't even know the person. However since you have been hurt before I would suggest this. If your EM's are not answered in a reasonable amount of time (say maybe 3 days)you can probably assume that it will not get answered. By the way I'd have to confess I have had it done to me and sad to say I've do it to others.

Go In Peace David

Page : 1 2