Author Thread: Why veiw us and not message us?
Admin

Why veiw us and not message us?
Posted : 25 Jun, 2014 07:51 AM

Just wondering, guys, and I hope maybe some of you will be able to answer this. Why is it that some guys on here will view a girl's profile multiple times but never once message her? I'm going to be quite honest and say it's kind of creepy! We do get notifications on how many times the user has viewed us, and when it gets up to 8-10 times it feels like we are being stalked.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2014 08:39 AM

Three options, 1 he IS a stalker, 2 he just can't make up his mind, 3 he's chronically shy.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2014 02:16 PM

Three more options, 4. Erotomania has reached epidemic proportions. 5. Heaven forbid, they forgot they looked already. 6. You've changed your profile picture and they want to more closely inspect your pretty collection of pixels.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2014 08:21 PM

When I am talking to someone, I sometimes accidentally click on the person's username instead of her message. This brings up her profile, not the message. So, I go to my Inbox again, and click on the message. Then finally, I use my BACK button quite a lot. When I push the back button, I am back at her profile again. I am not doing this purposely, but it can happen. It has happened before. So, without even realizing it, I can click on someone's profile 2-3 times by accident. I don't know how to explain when someone clicks on your profile 10 times. They must have set their computers on auto-pilot. haha!

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2014 12:22 PM

Maybe your preference settings block them from messaging you? (i.e. not in same country, age range, etc.) - multiple views might be a way of signalling interest.

If being looked at multiple times bothers you then see if you can turn off that feature. If you can't then consider closing your account as there's nothing you can do to stop people looking, either on here or in real life.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2014 05:01 PM

that's why I uncheck the "Allow a member to see that I viewed their profile" option so I don't look like a stalker :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2014 10:25 AM

I was just ready about to write a post about the same thing. Guys Its getting creepy and Im about ready to block you. :<

prayreadwalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2014 10:58 PM

I don't know about other guys, but I think in that kind of a situation it would be perfectly acceptable to send them a 'no loitering' message. You don't have to be nice all the time. Here are some that come to mind:

Hey what are ya looking at?

You gonna stand all day?

If you see something, say something.

Speak up or move on dude.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2014 11:23 PM

Lol good idea Pray. ^^ Ill probably use one next time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2014 03:37 PM

hello, i am too old too send you a message I guess. But I like your profile.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2014 12:21 PM

lol...I'm guilty of forgetting...I'll see a handsome face, click on it and then BAM, it hits me, "This dude is married, aka 'separated' with children in the home."

backspace, Backspace, BACKSPACE

Page : 1 2 3