Author Thread: Martial Status: SEPARATED........
Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
History
Martial Status: SEPARATED........
Posted : 24 Sep, 2014 06:54 PM

A question I've wanted to pose here to my CDFF brethren for some time now.....hypothetically, how far or how long would you entertain the idea of encouraging a possible friendship with someone whose separated? Would it help if they assured you that their divorce in progress is due to infidelity and that it's finality is a few months away?

Honestly, I've always wondered if I ever found myself befriending someone whose separated, how would I conduct myself without treating them with bias? And if the opportunity avails itself, maybe ministering to them and who knows what could happen from there! With God, anything is possible! I'd certainly like to hear other opinions.........

AriFi

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2014 03:33 PM

Yes, that's a very honest and good attitude, I quite agree.

here4us

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2014 01:59 PM

Marriage and Divorce Story!

Posted : Posted : 16 Nov, 2014 07:19 AM

The Marriage

Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love;

- and I spread my skirt over thee,

- and covered thy nakedness:

- yea, I sware unto thee,

- and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD,

- and thou becamest mine. (Eze 16:8)

The What After

But thou didst trust in thine own beauty,

and playedst the harlot because of thy renown,

and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.

Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them, (Eze 16:15-17)

The Reason of Divorce (whoredom - fornication - Despice of oath breaking covenant)

For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even deal with thee as thou hast done, which hast despised the oath in breaking the covenant. (Eze 16:59)

After His divorce

For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even deal with thee as thou hast done.... (Eze 16:59)

They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation. (Deu 32:21)

I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name. (Isa 65:1).

But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. (Rom 10:19).

All above applies to man only.

For a woman

And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. (1Co 7:10-11).

The reason

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. (Rom 7:2)

algomaboy

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2014 04:59 AM

treat her like your sister, be her friend and keep your hands off. She needs someone to talk too during a trial in her life.:prayingf:

Page : 1 2