Author Thread: Dress code
Velvety_88

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 26 Dec, 2015 11:11 PM

Ok so I was talking to a guy for couple of weeks and everything was fine and we were planning on setting our 1st date. But, yesterday he pointed out that he is Independent Baptist. I thought that it was like any baptist churches I attended before but its not. He said that he is willing to date me if I start changing the way I dress by wearing ONLY skirts or dresses by the knee or below. He did mention how its wrong for women to be wearing dress pants and jeans. He also phrased the bible verse of Deuteronomy 5:22.

I mean I really like him but I don't think I can accept that since it sounds a bit controlling. Besides if he wanted a girl wearing dresses why did he contact me if based on my pics you can clearly see I also wear jeans.

What do you all think?

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 9 Jan, 2016 05:52 PM

What do I think? I think If God accepts you as you are then he should too. And if he doesn't then that's his problem.You shouldn't have to change who you are for a person that claims to care for you, they should love you for you.

noeleena

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 12 Jan, 2016 12:53 AM

Hi There,

Concerning a dress code if he is Laying out now what you should or not wear then I would say go find a slave , also apply the same ? > back to him he should not be wearing longs or pants as the dress code in the day from the bible time of then was........ and you ask him what it was and see what he says,

Sorry. im a very strong woman and will not be dictated to by any man , they are not given the right to control us and I wont let them .

Im involved with 3 groups and we dress in the 1400 to 1700 Renaissance times for different parts of Europe I dress in my countrys Garb German long skirts and blouse,s , and then in Edwardian 1900 to 1914 again a different style still long dress.s and skirts ,

The other is our Scottish soc we have long dress,s or skirts and blouse,s and the men wore a Kilt and we do as well ,

In Renaissance times women wore pants they were called bloomers so he,s a bit late as to what women wore , or can now ,and should if they need to or wont to ,

As far as the bible is concerned the points to look at are , who gave the message , to who , when and where and why . and does the same message apply to us now , you will find that the answer is .....NO..... so don't be deceived by mens what they wont and do they have the right to enforce on us their will , ... AGAIN.....NO....be carefull

don't give in youll regret it .

...noeleena...

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 21 Jan, 2016 01:52 PM

be very careful.

you may like him, but a man who controls your dress, will also try to control other things about you; and yes, it does matter.

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 8 Mar, 2016 07:04 AM

I agree he should have been open up front but us guys sometimes think that once a person knows us they might be willing to change. If we go back not too many years ago most christian women wore only dresses or skirts and blouses? I would ask this question? Do you think Mary the mother of Jesus wore pants? Also do pants show off a woman's form and entice a man to have wrong thoughts? Of course an immodest dress is wrong also. Also if a woman cant submit to her man in the dating process will she submit to him after marriage? The bible says she is to submit in every thing! That doesnt mean that the man is mean to her or bosses her around but finally God has ordained the man to be the leader.

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 10 Mar, 2016 09:17 AM

as i read the responses here they are the typical feminist beliefs that have ruined this country and have given us millions of broken homes!

bashirlawey

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 27 Apr, 2016 02:26 PM

How Should Christian Women Dress? Should Women Wear Shorts or Skirts?

Why type of clothing should a Christian woman wear? Can a woman wear skirts, shorts, t-shirts, etc.? Is it a sin to wear skimpy clothing, short shorts, low cut shirts, or bikinis (swim suits)? What does the Bible say about how women should dress?

What Does the Bible Say About Clothing and How Women Should Dress?

The Bible does not mandate a particular dress code for women. Rather, the Bible simply gives a few guidelines that women should follow in their clothing choices.

First, God clearly indicates his desire for us to hide our nakedness from others, and to dress in a modest way that glorifies God. God helped Adam and Eve hide their nakedness after they sinned against Him in the Garden of Eden.

Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Genesis 3:21

God expects us to wear clothing for the main purpose of hiding our nakedness. If we wear clothing that reveals this nakedness, then clothing itself loses its purpose. Adam and Eve were ashamed to have their nakedness exposed. Sadly, many people in society today celebrate their nakedness.

God also commanded Moses to give laws concerning viewing other people naked (except for a husband and wife).

The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

Leviticus 18:9

So the first point Christian women should keep in mind is modesty. Clothing should not reveal what God has made to be private. In today�s society, this is difficult. Many clothing manufacturers are making the shorts shorter, the skirts skimpier, and the shirt cuts lower. Nevertheless, God�s word stands. Women should try to choose clothing that looks nice, but doesn�t reveal unnecessary skin. A simple test is this: Does my outfit glorify God? Would I wear this outfit to church? Is this modest, or does it reveal a part of my body that should be private? Will men look at me more if I wear this?

A second principle women should consider is that clothing should not be your beauty, but rather, your inner Christian walk should be your beauty. Women should have a spirit of gentleness, and that should be what people notice, not flashy clothes or jewelry:

�Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God�s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.�

1 Peter 3:3-4

likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness�with good works.

1 Timothy 2:9-10

The Bible never mentions wearing skirts, bikinis, short shorts, or low cut shirts by name. However, the same principles would apply to those kinds of apparel as well.

Also, Jesus clearly said that if a man lusts after a woman in his heart, he has committed adultery:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:28

Even though it is not necessarily a woman�s fault if a man lusts after her, by being obedient to God in her clothing choices, a woman can lessen the temptation for men to sin. In 1 Corinthians, Paul tells us that if he even eats something that causes a brother to sin, he would never eat it again. We Christians should never do anything that causes another to sin, even if it is eating or drinking something that could do so:

Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.

1 Corinthians 8:13

In this same way, women should be cautious with their clothing selection so as not to lead a Christian brother into sinful lust or unnecessary temptation.

Conclusion: Women Should Dress to Glorify God

While the Bible doesn�t mandate a particular style of dress, women should glorify God in their apparel. The Bible says women should dress modestly and avoid flashy clothes. The Bible also warns against revealing nakedness or causing temptation to a brother or sister in Christ. Shirts that reveal cleavage, and shorts that reveal the backside would be an example of clothing that would violate this principle.

Any Christian, man or woman, should glorify God with their clothing, and should have a spirit and attitude that attracts people to Christ�not themselves, for this is the desire of God

To ask anything message me on Facebook bashirlawey60@gmail. Com

Thank you

bashirlawey

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 27 Apr, 2016 02:54 PM

How Should Christian Women Dress? Should Women Wear Shorts or Skirts?

Why type of clothing should a Christian woman wear? Can a woman wear skirts, shorts, t-shirts, etc.? Is it a sin to wear skimpy clothing, short shorts, low cut shirts, or bikinis (swim suits)? What does the Bible say about how women should dress?

What Does the Bible Say About Clothing and How Women Should Dress?

The Bible does not mandate a particular dress code for women. Rather, the Bible simply gives a few guidelines that women should follow in their clothing choices.

First, God clearly indicates his desire for us to hide our nakedness from others, and to dress in a modest way that glorifies God. God helped Adam and Eve hide their nakedness after they sinned against Him in the Garden of Eden.

Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Genesis 3:21

God expects us to wear clothing for the main purpose of hiding our nakedness. If we wear clothing that reveals this nakedness, then clothing itself loses its purpose. Adam and Eve were ashamed to have their nakedness exposed. Sadly, many people in society today celebrate their nakedness.

God also commanded Moses to give laws concerning viewing other people naked (except for a husband and wife).

The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

Leviticus 18:9

So the first point Christian women should keep in mind is modesty. Clothing should not reveal what God has made to be private. In today�s society, this is difficult. Many clothing manufacturers are making the shorts shorter, the skirts skimpier, and the shirt cuts lower. Nevertheless, God�s word stands. Women should try to choose clothing that looks nice, but doesn�t reveal unnecessary skin. A simple test is this: Does my outfit glorify God? Would I wear this outfit to church? Is this modest, or does it reveal a part of my body that should be private? Will men look at me more if I wear this?

A second principle women should consider is that clothing should not be your beauty, but rather, your inner Christian walk should be your beauty. Women should have a spirit of gentleness, and that should be what people notice, not flashy clothes or jewelry:

�Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God�s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.�

1 Peter 3:3-4

likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness�with good works.

1 Timothy 2:9-10

The Bible never mentions wearing skirts, bikinis, short shorts, or low cut shirts by name. However, the same principles would apply to those kinds of apparel as well.

Also, Jesus clearly said that if a man lusts after a woman in his heart, he has committed adultery:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:28

Even though it is not necessarily a woman�s fault if a man lusts after her, by being obedient to God in her clothing choices, a woman can lessen the temptation for men to sin. In 1 Corinthians, Paul tells us that if he even eats something that causes a brother to sin, he would never eat it again. We Christians should never do anything that causes another to sin, even if it is eating or drinking something that could do so:

Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.

1 Corinthians 8:13

In this same way, women should be cautious with their clothing selection so as not to lead a Christian brother into sinful lust or unnecessary temptation.

Conclusion: Women Should Dress to Glorify God

While the Bible doesn�t mandate a particular style of dress, women should glorify God in their apparel. The Bible says women should dress modestly and avoid flashy clothes. The Bible also warns against revealing nakedness or causing temptation to a brother or sister in Christ. Shirts that reveal cleavage, and shorts that reveal the backside would be an example of clothing that would violate this principle.

Any Christian, man or woman, should glorify God with their clothing, and should have a spirit and attitude that attracts people to Christ�not themselves, for this is the desire of God

To ask anything message me on Facebook bashirlawey60@gmail. Com

Thank you

ASHIRA

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 30 Apr, 2016 09:36 PM

It's not what others think. Please dont go by others opions. Follow what God' s word says. The scripture is very clear about modest dressing. And if our maker said that women should not wear men's clothing there is a reason and God knows best. Also, as christians we represent Christ and this body of ours belongs to him. Im not saying that if one wears jeans one would go to hell but we must be ready for the consequences of any of our actions. Also, let us not become a stumbling block to others. Take it to the Lord in prayer! May the Lord lead you in everything!

ASHIRA

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 30 Apr, 2016 09:42 PM

Thank you Lord! Your word is truth! God bless you!

wisteria2008

View Profile
History
Dress code
Posted : 15 May, 2016 05:43 AM

Run, run, run away from this antediluvian dude!

I have found that men are far more controlling in the most casual relationships than they were 30 years ago. I believe it is directly tied to their perception that they are "losing their rights as men" as we women become educated and employed. I personally can't stand it and I won't stand for it, but I am considerably older than you and past childbearing age, which helps. Hormones are a gift from God and also a burden sometimes. They drive us to look for a husband but also cloud our judgment at times.

I have had men order me not to wear perfume, get rid of my cats, not to wear a long dress (it was casual) as it was "too dressy", eat exactly at 6:40 pm because of their diabetes, etc., etc. And my retort is that they don't pay my mortgage and don't own me, so they don't get a vote.

Modesty is great, but a man trying to dictate your wardrobe after one date is really controlling and will lead to other types of really bad control.